Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 12-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Kings @ Mavs 12.1.06

Wow, I can't believe it's almost 2007! Anyway, I think if Dirk is the Dirk of the past 11 games, Kings are in trouble. They need Martin to get to the basket and draw fouls, and we know he can get them from Dampier. Artests needs to shut down Howard and force Dirk to bare the offensive load. Kings need to rotate faster on the perimieter and rebound and they can win.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Thanks for posting the game thread man.

Anyway Dirk is probably going to kill us probably, mainly I'm hoping we can limit Harris/Terry/Howard/Dampier.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.

I see a bad ending for this game...Damn the Mavs...Damn them!
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

38 first quarter point by the Mavs, thats go to be a league season high
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #5
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

oh sh*t. 7 threes in the first quarter wtf, have they ever heard of perimeter defense? shareef needs to hustle a lot more out there, he is getting out-everythinged by Dampier. give it to martin already. horrible. kings dont look good at all vs. the great teams...
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Thomas, Shareef, Miller. They all suck-in that order.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
Targus™
Good college starter

on the offensive end yeah. but everything else shareef is worse than kenny, tonight he was.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Yeah and Musselman is an idiot. He left Artest out there with a back injury. If you're going to raise the white flag don't punish your best player like that when he's injured. Bibby and Reef and Corliss ball hogged from Martin, than Musselman only played him 20 minutes or so and called like 0 plays for him? WTF
Old 12-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #9
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Wow, I can't believe it's almost 2007! Anyway, I think if Dirk is the Dirk of the past 11 games, Kings are in trouble. They need Martin to get to the basket and draw fouls, and we know he can get them from Dampier. Artests needs to shut down Howard and force Dirk to bare the offensive load. Kings need to rotate faster on the perimieter and rebound and they can win.

Well, I was right. Martin did draw fouls, but didn't get much PT and attention. Artest was injured, and nobody stopped Howard in the game, and rotation on the perimeter sucked ballz. I hate when I'm right
Old 12-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Yeah and Musselman is an idiot. He left Artest out there with a back injury.
I wouldn't be surprised if Artest asked to stay
Old 12-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #11
Targus™
Good college starter

ok im going to say it, and its not because we just got owned, and dont ride on me for this, i know it's early....but so far, i dont like muss . with adelman, at least we would win by outscoring them if we didn't play good defensively. we cant really run with teams like golden state or even score like the mavs. and now I dont see as much backdoor cuts and screens, just a lot of 1 on 1. I guess it's just seeing how they ended the season last year with coach rick at the helm. btw, i turned off the game at halftime, wat happened to ron ron?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:38 AM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I'll post what I posted on another board, Targus I'm with you I absolutely HATE Musselman. I'm done with drinking the cool aid, he flat out sucks. Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me30minutes ago
His defense is overrated. He talks so much about how the team needs to play better D but it doesn't really happen. The Kings are still the same old softies. It used to be from 04-06 that our defense sucked but our Offense was enough to get it done. Now both suck, thanks to Musselhead.

He's terrible when it comes to PT. He left Bibby out there for most of the first half while he's chucking. He plays Corliss Williamson way too much, so he can brick shots, get blocked, make bad passes, commit offensive fouls, and travel. He lets Shareef do whatever he wants in the post and plays him at center, apparently what Shareef wants to do is be like Corliss(offensive fouls, travels, oh and Shareef gets T's too!). But Artest is playing through a back injury and he plays him during garbage time. Martin is heating up(5-6) with 13 points and he only gets 20ish minutes. Miller has no idea what the hell to do on the offensive end. Great job thanks to Eric, he just turned a 1 dimensional player into a 0 dimensional player. Salmons has been good for the Kings but when he gets as many minutes as your best offensive player(Martin) you know you're in trouble. Ronnie Price has been a decent back up PG for Sac, but he gets inconsistent playing time.

He's terrible at drawing up plays on offense. The Kings players already said they didn't like his offense and tried to ditch it for the princeton-without Adelman and Carril now they don't even know wtf to do in that. So it ends up looking like an odd jumbled up mess between the two of them. When a guy like Martin is hot he never gets the ball. When he does, lately Eric wants him to just go 1 on 1 to the basket. It seems like Eric likes a lot of 1 on 1, 1 on 5, anything besides passing the damn ball.

He was supposed to improve the defense and the rebounding. He was supposed to use the bench. Lately none of that has happened. He's been like Adelman in that he only uses 7-8 guys and plays the starters a lot of minutes, but he's been terrible because his defense sucks, his offense sucks, and he sucks as a coach all around.

Bottom line, this guy is a better cheerleader/motivational speaker than a coach. I wish he would've stuck to jumping around on the sidelines and making signs, instead of doing it as the coach of the team I'm a fan of.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:42 AM   #13
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
ok im going to say it, and its not because we just got owned, and dont ride on me for this, i know it's early....but so far, i dont like muss . with adelman, at least we would win by outscoring them if we didn't play good defensively. we cant really run with teams like golden state or even score like the mavs. and now I dont see as much backdoor cuts and screens, just a lot of 1 on 1. I guess it's just seeing how they ended the season last year with coach rick at the helm. btw, i turned off the game at halftime, wat happened to ron ron?

Ron was playing with back spasms and Musselhead left him in there until like 6 minutes left to go in the 4th quarter. You're down by 30, your best players in there with back spasms, and it's the 4th quarter
Old 12-02-2006, 02:49 AM   #14
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

I agree. WIth Rick, I hated that he never played his bench and kept his starters in when they were sucking. But at least he got us 50+ wins and to the playoffs. Muss will get us nowhere fast.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Wow lots of Mussellhead hate going on. I can't really defend him either because its true. Everything in bmiller52's quoted post was true. But I don't think it is exclusively the coach, I think it has to do with the players also. A coach can't come in and make offensive minded guys play D.

Ill be back later
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: