Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #16
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What did you want to be at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I like how part of the guys that answered this (myself included) left in the part about just wanting to see how many people followed their ambitions.

Just seeing how many people followed through with their aspirations and at what age
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

Just seeing how many people followed through with their aspirations and at what age
When I edited it out of mine, I was like...Well at least no one saw it, then Meticode and J-money did it. I just thought it was funny.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #18
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What's the general consensus on chasing a somewhat unrealistic dream around here? I've pretty much decided to go the direction of giving up on the route that makes sense (and guaranteed dollars) and instead trying to do exactly what the f@ck I want to do. Is that a stupid-ass decision?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #19
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
What's the general consensus on chasing a somewhat unrealistic dream around here? I've pretty much decided to go the direction of giving up on the route that makes sense (and guaranteed dollars) and instead try to do exactly what the f@ck I want to do. Is that a stupid-ass decision?
Nope, that is not a stupid decision unless what you wanna do is take your talents to South Beach.

But on the real, just have a back up plan and a side job to fall back on.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #20
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What's the general consensus on chasing a somewhat unrealistic dream around here? I've pretty much decided to go the direction of giving up on the route that makes sense (and guaranteed dollars) and instead try to do exactly what the f@ck I want to do. Is that a stupid-ass decision?
I say go for it. I'm actually about to open my own sports blog I think. You'll never get what you want in life if you don't try for it.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #21
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

After I graduate I'm going to pursue whatever the **** I feel like for a while. I don't think I'm capable of having a 9-5 until I'm 60. I'd kill myself.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #22
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What's the general consensus on chasing a somewhat unrealistic dream around here? I've pretty much decided to go the direction of giving up on the route that makes sense (and guaranteed dollars) and instead trying to do exactly what the f@ck I want to do. Is that a stupid-ass decision?
Do what you want to do. Happiness >>> Money. Just make sure to GTFO of Maine.

To answer the OP. I've never really had an aspiration.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #23
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
Just make sure to GTFO of Maine.

This, a thousand times this!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #24
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
After I graduate

Yeah, that's what I probably should've done first!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #25
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Do what you want to do. Happiness >>> Money. Just make sure to GTFO of Maine.
I lol'ed. But why get out of Maine? Maybe Stro can make Maine a big attraction.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #26
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Just make sure to GTFO of Maine.

I honestly think I'm a Mainer for life. Can't see myself anywhere else.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #27
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

6 years old: Fighter Pilot

13 years old: Fighter Pilot

15 years old: NBA player

19 years old: Car designer/ NBA Player

What are you doing now (age 28): Boat Designer (Degree in Industrial Design)
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #28
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I lol'ed. But why get out of Maine? Maybe Stro can make Maine a big attraction.
I live and Maine and, personally, I think it sucks. It's rated as the worst state for business and has high taxes. The state itself is actually beautiful, but the complete lack of work and GOD DAMN WINTER completely ruin it.

Quote:
I honestly think I'm a Mainer for life. Can't see myself anywhere else.
Word. Thats cool. To be fair you live right on the coast in nice ass Bar Harbor while I live in Bangor
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #29
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I probably should've done first!

My parents forced me. I was going to peace out after high school...

I've been to 3 colleges, took 2 semesters off, and I will graduate with a 4 year degree with only 3 years of school. It has been shitty, but I guess I'll get a degree out of it.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #30
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
My parents forced me. I was going to peace out after high school...

I've been to 3 colleges, took 2 semesters off, and I will graduate with a 4 year degree with only 3 years of school. It has been shitty, but I guess I'll get a degree out of it.

I enjoy learning and I'm an extremely hard worker with great focus when I have passion for something... but I've never had any passion for school whatsoever. None. Zero.

If my passion matched up with some sort of realistic career I'd be a bazillionaire by now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: