Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #61
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What did you want to be at...

6 years old:NBA player who races moto gp in the offseason

13 years old:I had no ambition

15 years old:See above

19 years old:Civil Engineer

What are you doing now:Trying to become the above.

Nice thread hateraid.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #62
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

6 years old: A Mighty Morphin Power Ranger/Doctor

13 years old: An NBA player/Doctor

15 years old: Still a Doctor

19 years old: A nutritionist

What are you doing now:

Last year of my accounting degree
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #63
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Guys that wanted to be NBA players at 6, how did it come to that? My son is 6 and he plays sports, but doesn't aspire to be an athlete, nor do any of his friends.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #64
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
That was the second reference I got with that. I never watched Seinfeld so can someone explain?

George always wanted to be an architect, and in one episode he tells a girl he's a marine biologist to impress her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMDRbOBMno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #65
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
George always wanted to be an architect, and in one episode he tells a girl he's a marine biologist to impress her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMDRbOBMno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw

Haha, nice. I guess you can say we kinda have the same job since he's a rep for the Yankees and I'm a rep for a sports nutrition company.

And when I was 6 I really didn't know what a Marine Biologist was, I just really liked Dolphins
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #66
t2r2s
I airball my layups

t2r2s has an OK reputation so far

6 - Dont really remember, i think it was candy factory director

13 - Football (soccer) goalie

15 - Bball playa / pro boxer or mma athlete, im the next Z-train get ready ISH

19 - Not there yet
t2r2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #67
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Guys that wanted to be NBA players at 6, how did it come to that? My son is 6 and he plays sports, but doesn't aspire to be an athlete, nor do any of his friends.

That basically did it for me.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #68
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6 years old: chef

13 years old: shoemaker

15 years old: Basketball player

19 years old: I'm 18...

What are you doing now: At school, doing my best!
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #69
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6 years old: My dad lol

13 years old: NBA player

15 years old: Had no idea

19 years old: Writer

What are you doing now: I'm only 20 so things are pretty similar to a year ago. I read/write in my free time and I'm currently majoring in Info Systems Management/Accounting. I'll probably be looking for a consulting job when I graduate (probably in 3 years instead of 2 with a masters & bachelors).
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #70
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

6 years old: fighter pilot (maverick pt. II)

13 years old: songwriter

15 years old: songwriter

19 years old: international businessman (econ/finance and spanish degree, so i did follow through on the education part. just couldn't force myself to spend my life that way)

What are you doing now: songwriter/musician. making ends meet writing songs and recording people. i'll always feel like i got started too late, but that's on me for pushing it down too long. i'm just happy i didn't let it get completely away from me.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #71
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

6 years old: Astronaut

13 years old: Tennis Player

15 years old: Sportscenter announcer

19 years old: Physical Therapist

What are you doing now: Applying for Teach for America/Nursing school

My Astronaut days were the best!
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #72
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

6 years old: NBA Player (JORDAN!)

13 years old: No clue (More like didn't care)

15 years old: Doctor

19 years old: Pharmacologist/Doctor

What I'm doing now: Majoring for my BS in Chemical Engineering, particularly interested in drug design, research, and delivery (hence pharmacology); I actually don't mind the lab environment unlike a lot of people, but we'll see.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #73
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6 years old: Astronaut

13 years old: NBA player

15 years old: Rock star

19 years old: Dentist

What are you doing now: Dentist
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #74
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh

And nursing is an extremely gratifying, stable, profitable field, especially if you return to school to get your doctorate and become a practitioner or get a business degree to go into administrative work that's 6 figures easy with much better hours than doctors.

This is some bullshit I'd expect in the NBA forums...why don't you come out in the open and we can match up. I'm 99% sure you don't have shit to show for yourself in comparison to what I've done in my life so far.

I'm applying to nursing school too, an accelerated program to be more specific. Don't let the haters bring ya down brotha!
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #75
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Come to think of it...I do remember cutting/coloring a big box from I think a washing machine pretending to prepare to blast off on a space exploration.

Kid of like Calvin & Hobbes comics.

I don't remember how old I was though....17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
I'm applying to nursing school too, an accelerated program to be more specific. Don't let the haters bring ya down brotha!

Thanks bud & good luck. I still have some beefy classes to take before I apply, Anatomy 2, Orgo & Pharmocology among one or two others. I'm okay taking my time though. At UIC I was taking 18 credit hours plus a 35 hour workweek and 2 hour commute each way and learned my lesson real quick...

Last edited by Ruh-Roh : 12-06-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: