Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #61
t2r2s
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: What did you want to be at...

6 - Dont really remember, i think it was candy factory director

13 - Football (soccer) goalie

15 - Bball playa / pro boxer or mma athlete, im the next Z-train get ready ISH

19 - Not there yet
t2r2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #62
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Guys that wanted to be NBA players at 6, how did it come to that? My son is 6 and he plays sports, but doesn't aspire to be an athlete, nor do any of his friends.

That basically did it for me.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #63
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan

6 years old: chef

13 years old: shoemaker

15 years old: Basketball player

19 years old: I'm 18...

What are you doing now: At school, doing my best!
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #64
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

6 years old: My dad lol

13 years old: NBA player

15 years old: Had no idea

19 years old: Writer

What are you doing now: I'm only 20 so things are pretty similar to a year ago. I read/write in my free time and I'm currently majoring in Info Systems Management/Accounting. I'll probably be looking for a consulting job when I graduate (probably in 3 years instead of 2 with a masters & bachelors).
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #65
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

6 years old: fighter pilot (maverick pt. II)

13 years old: songwriter

15 years old: songwriter

19 years old: international businessman (econ/finance and spanish degree, so i did follow through on the education part. just couldn't force myself to spend my life that way)

What are you doing now: songwriter/musician. making ends meet writing songs and recording people. i'll always feel like i got started too late, but that's on me for pushing it down too long. i'm just happy i didn't let it get completely away from me.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #66
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

6 years old: Astronaut

13 years old: Tennis Player

15 years old: Sportscenter announcer

19 years old: Physical Therapist

What are you doing now: Applying for Teach for America/Nursing school

My Astronaut days were the best!
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #67
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

6 years old: NBA Player (JORDAN!)

13 years old: No clue (More like didn't care)

15 years old: Doctor

19 years old: Pharmacologist/Doctor

What I'm doing now: Majoring for my BS in Chemical Engineering, particularly interested in drug design, research, and delivery (hence pharmacology); I actually don't mind the lab environment unlike a lot of people, but we'll see.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #68
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

6 years old: Astronaut

13 years old: NBA player

15 years old: Rock star

19 years old: Dentist

What are you doing now: Dentist
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #69
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh

And nursing is an extremely gratifying, stable, profitable field, especially if you return to school to get your doctorate and become a practitioner or get a business degree to go into administrative work that's 6 figures easy with much better hours than doctors.

This is some bullshit I'd expect in the NBA forums...why don't you come out in the open and we can match up. I'm 99% sure you don't have shit to show for yourself in comparison to what I've done in my life so far.

I'm applying to nursing school too, an accelerated program to be more specific. Don't let the haters bring ya down brotha!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #70
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Come to think of it...I do remember cutting/coloring a big box from I think a washing machine pretending to prepare to blast off on a space exploration.

Kid of like Calvin & Hobbes comics.

I don't remember how old I was though....17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
I'm applying to nursing school too, an accelerated program to be more specific. Don't let the haters bring ya down brotha!

Thanks bud & good luck. I still have some beefy classes to take before I apply, Anatomy 2, Orgo & Pharmocology among one or two others. I'm okay taking my time though. At UIC I was taking 18 credit hours plus a 35 hour workweek and 2 hour commute each way and learned my lesson real quick...

Last edited by Ruh-Roh : 12-06-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #71
Dave3
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
If I keep refreshing it, or look at it daily, does it give you more "views" or something to help it?
Dave3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #72
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:

This. I have an uncle who was a nurse out in Cali. Did very well for himself and is now enjoying a prosperous retirement travelling the world and having fun.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #73
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
This. I have an uncle who was a nurse out in Cali. Did very well for himself and is now enjoying a prosperous retirement travelling the world and having fun.

Yep, I hear great things if you can handle the demand of it. Obviously being male, your going to get some haters but it's whatever. I'll gladly take some criticism along the way if I can eventually get my Masters and make 6 figures.

Quote:
Thanks bud & good luck. I still have some beefy classes to take before I apply, Anatomy 2, Orgo & Pharmocology among one or two others. I'm okay taking my time though. At UIC I was taking 18 credit hours plus a 35 hour workweek and 2 hour commute each way and learned my lesson real quick...

Why are you taking orgo? Every nursing school I've seen doesn't required it. The highest you need is Chem 1 here in Florida.

Anatomy is fine. Just a lot of memorization. Didn't have to take pharmacology either. That doesn't sound fun though.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #74
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
If I keep refreshing it, or look at it daily, does it give you more "views" or something to help it?

Refreshing it over and over doesn't really help me in any way (I can tell if the visits are from the same people over and over), but yes, clicking the site and reading it daily does make my stats look better.

I'm not begging for people to click it, though. I want people to click it and read it because they actually enjoy the content.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #75
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Quote:
Yep, I hear great things if you can handle the demand of it. Obviously being male, your going to get some haters but it's whatever. I'll gladly take some criticism along the way if I can eventually get my Masters and make 6 figures.

Why are you taking orgo? Every nursing school I've seen doesn't required it. The highest you need is Chem 1 here in Florida.

Anatomy is fine. Just a lot of memorization. Didn't have to take pharmacology either. That doesn't sound fun though.

It's more like baby orgo. One big class that surveys the topics you'd get deep into with Orgo 1, 2 and Lab. A lot of schools here in Chicago require something and I want to be as competitive with my new grades/classes as possible so they don't ask to look into my UIC record because of the above said semester.

Pharmacology should be interesting, how pharmaceuticals affect the brain and such. I'd be interested in these classes even if I wasn't going into nursing, medicine interests me. The fact that I need them is actually nice because I know I'd never have a real opportunity to spend time learning about it otherwise.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: