Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #76
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What did you want to be at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
If I keep refreshing it, or look at it daily, does it give you more "views" or something to help it?
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #77
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
I'm applying to nursing school too, an accelerated program to be more specific. Don't let the haters bring ya down brotha!

This. I have an uncle who was a nurse out in Cali. Did very well for himself and is now enjoying a prosperous retirement travelling the world and having fun.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #78
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
This. I have an uncle who was a nurse out in Cali. Did very well for himself and is now enjoying a prosperous retirement travelling the world and having fun.

Yep, I hear great things if you can handle the demand of it. Obviously being male, your going to get some haters but it's whatever. I'll gladly take some criticism along the way if I can eventually get my Masters and make 6 figures.

Quote:
Thanks bud & good luck. I still have some beefy classes to take before I apply, Anatomy 2, Orgo & Pharmocology among one or two others. I'm okay taking my time though. At UIC I was taking 18 credit hours plus a 35 hour workweek and 2 hour commute each way and learned my lesson real quick...

Why are you taking orgo? Every nursing school I've seen doesn't required it. The highest you need is Chem 1 here in Florida.

Anatomy is fine. Just a lot of memorization. Didn't have to take pharmacology either. That doesn't sound fun though.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #79
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
If I keep refreshing it, or look at it daily, does it give you more "views" or something to help it?

Refreshing it over and over doesn't really help me in any way (I can tell if the visits are from the same people over and over), but yes, clicking the site and reading it daily does make my stats look better.

I'm not begging for people to click it, though. I want people to click it and read it because they actually enjoy the content.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #80
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Yep, I hear great things if you can handle the demand of it. Obviously being male, your going to get some haters but it's whatever. I'll gladly take some criticism along the way if I can eventually get my Masters and make 6 figures.

Why are you taking orgo? Every nursing school I've seen doesn't required it. The highest you need is Chem 1 here in Florida.

Anatomy is fine. Just a lot of memorization. Didn't have to take pharmacology either. That doesn't sound fun though.

It's more like baby orgo. One big class that surveys the topics you'd get deep into with Orgo 1, 2 and Lab. A lot of schools here in Chicago require something and I want to be as competitive with my new grades/classes as possible so they don't ask to look into my UIC record because of the above said semester.

Pharmacology should be interesting, how pharmaceuticals affect the brain and such. I'd be interested in these classes even if I wasn't going into nursing, medicine interests me. The fact that I need them is actually nice because I know I'd never have a real opportunity to spend time learning about it otherwise.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #81
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Refreshing it over and over doesn't really help me in any way (I can tell if the visits are from the same people over and over), but yes, clicking the site and reading it daily does make my stats look better.

I'm not begging for people to click it, though. I want people to click it and read it because they actually enjoy the content.

What are we talking about here and is it something I can help with?
Old 12-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #82
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yeye. I trust your NBA knowledge more than the idiot writers for most real websites, and your writing style is easy to read, so there's no reason not to take a look at it daily.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #83
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Im 17 and i have no idea what im gonna do
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #84
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
Yeye. I trust your NBA knowledge more than the idiot writers for most real websites, and your writing style is easy to read, so there's no reason not to take a look at it daily.

I'm glad you enjoy it. If you check daily you'll at least know the score of every game and see all the interesting highlights and stat-lines and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh Roh
What are we talking about here and is it something I can help with?

The NBA blog I started about a month ago (nba247365.com). You can help by telling everyone you know that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #85
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Quote:
I'm glad you enjoy it. If you check daily you'll at least know the score of every game and see all the interesting highlights and stat-lines and whatnot.

The NBA blog I started about a month ago (nba247365.com). You can help by telling everyone you know that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Sure man, I already read unhealthy amounts of NBA articles so I'd be happy to check it out and spread the word around here. A few of my friends lurk ISH but don't post, I'll let 'em know.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #86
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
Sure man, I already read unhealthy amounts of NBA articles so I'd be happy to check it out and spread the word around here. A few of my friends lurk ISH but don't post, I'll let 'em know.

Thanks for taking the time to look. By the way, I was just kidding about telling everyone it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you don't actually like it I'd rather receive some constructive criticism. If you do like it, then yeah, proceed with the sliced bread plan.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #87
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to look. By the way, I was just kidding about telling everyone it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you don't actually like it I'd rather receive some constructive criticism. If you do like it, then yeah, proceed with the sliced bread plan.

If you really want me to give you some criticism/feedback I'd be happy to do so. I usually keep that stuff to myself unless it's specifically requested just so not to be a dick. I was about to be a writing tutor at UIC before they booted me.

Give me a few weeks to really get into it, finals are this week and next. If you have any favorite pieces send me a PM with the links to them?
Old 12-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #88
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

For sure. I like the overall layout too. You put a hell of a lot of effort into it...
Old 12-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #89
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
If you have any favorite pieces send me a PM with the links to them?

Meh, I think I'm pretty consistent. You can just go with whatever's on the front page at the time.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #90
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not going to lie Stro, I'm not a fan of the domain name of your blog. It's pretty weak, but the content is solid.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: