Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 12-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Pistons go super small-ball, beat Cavaliers

Hamilton helps points, Pistons beat Cavaliers -- The AP reports: Detroit Pistons coach John Kuester went with a very small lineup in the second half against the Cleveland Cavaliers, and it paid off in a 102-92 victory... Kuester started the third quarter by replacing power forward Jason Maxiell with Ben Gordon. Gordon, Richard Hamilton and Rodney Stuckey gave the Pistons a three-guard look, with Tayshaun Prince at power forward and Ben Wallace at center... The new lineup came along with an all-too-rare good shooting night from Richard Hamilton. Hamilton, who came into the game averaging 12.7 points, finished with 27, hitting 10 of 17 field goals, and going 4 of 6 from 3-point range... Rodney Stuckey had his first double-double of the season with 24 points and 11 assists, while Tayshaun Prince added 20 points for Detroit... Reserve Antawn Jamison led Cleveland with 22 points, but no starter scored more than 14.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/daily.shtml#ixzz17MFZecjd
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Default Re: Pistons go super small-ball, beat Cavaliers

this is a very dangerous lineup against inferior teams like the Cavs

or any team without a decent forward or centre

good for Kuester for exploiting this but he's still a terrible coach
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Pistons go super small-ball, beat Cavaliers

I agree with you Stuckey, Kuester is a terrible coach. We also saw last year how he went small for certain stretches of the season. While this team has depth at every position that doesn't mean it's necessarily the best thing to do. I'm not a big fan of the small ball game. It can work for a few minutes at a time against certain lineups but other than that I think it's way over rated. If you look at the teams who are contenders in this league they all one one thing in common... good big men who defend the interior. Boston, LA, Orlando, Chicago, etc. etc. I like that Monroe started and I think they need to keep doing that. Charlie was good but Monroe is the future. Charlie seems to do well in that 6th/7th man role anyhow.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: