Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Sloan on Heat

Quote:
Jazz coach Jerry Sloan discussed Tuesday the Miami Heat's LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh playing for the same team.

...there's so much money involved now I guess you have to go for the money...

Wasn't the money. They took less to play together.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:58 AM   #2
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sloan on Heat

His comment wasn't even about LBJ, wade or Bosh you idiot!!!! It was about today's players compared to the time when he was playing.

Here's the full content.
Quote:
Jazz coach Jerry Sloan discussed Tuesday the Miami Heat's LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh playing for the same team.

Whether it's good or bad that the trio joined up last summer: "People love excitement. They love drama and all that. I'm sure that people don't like it and there's people that thinks that it's terrific. I don't know. It's hard for me to say, because I haven't been in that situation."

What it says about the state of modern players: "The way I was brought up and the way I played, that's kind of what I thought. You stick together even though things aren't good. That's kind of like life: We don't always get what we want, and you have to stick to it. Those are great lessons. Although, there's so much money involved now I guess you have to go for the money. I never wanted to be traded when I was in Chicago. I never wanted to be fired when I was in Chicago. [Laughs] Those things happen. I've always been taught to stick it out when things are tough and that sort of thing. But I don't know who's right and wrong. You can argue that until the cows come home.

James, Wade and Chris Bosh joining up: "I'm not sure a lot of those [old] guys would have done that. I think everybody kind of had their area to work in and felt comfortable trying to prove they could win where they were. And Jerry West, he never made a championship trophy for a long time. They added a couple of more guys, Wilt, a couple more guys to their team that made them very good. But I don't think I would have seen him wonder, say 'Do I have to go play with another team?'

I think it's an individual thing. You're usually talking about guys that are pretty competitive, whoever they are, whoever it would be. Jabbar he left and went to L.A., whenever he was playing up in Milwaukee. I don't know how it actually all works out. It's hard to say what guys have got inside them. It's sort of a different situation. I did notice when I was with the Olympic team there's always — whatever level you are playing basketball, whether it's this level, grade school level, high school level, college level or pro level — somebody will take the top spot. It's always been interesting to me to watch it. Some guys will accept being down here. Some guys will accept other areas, to try to work to get to the top spot. In a short period of time, those things usually stick out."
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Nice! Sure looks like he's talking about them to me douchebag.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bro, find another team to root for if Sloan is that bad.
You know he's not going anywhere for awhile.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
Bro, find another team to root for if Sloan is that bad.

Don't waste your time arguing with him
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #6
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
find another team to root for if Sloan is that bad.

Why is it that it's ok to criticize the Tag's, CJ's, Koufos', BrevRin's, etc. in Utah but not their revered coach? Anywhere else where a coach didn't call a timeout as a close game became a blowout and afterwards said "What could I do?" they would be ran out of town but in Utah nothing is made of it other than another extension.

Quote:

At 70 his time should be coming sooner or later!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: