Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Corbin was a candidate for Charlotte head coaching job?

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/50...-utah.html.csp

Jazz assistant coach Tyrone Corbin said that it is just part of the business.

Corbin was a lead candidate this week to replace the esteemed Larry Brown as head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. The job went to Paul Silas, a former NBA standout who previously led teams in San Diego, New Orleans, Charlotte and Cleveland.

While Silas’ track record and previous allegiance to the Bobcats tipped the competition in his favor, Corbin’s name was seriously considered during the search process.

It is not the first time that the seventh-year Jazz coach has come close to landing a head coaching job, and it likely will not be the last. Corbin is widely regarded as one of the premier assistants in the game, and is equally respected by colleagues, players and general managers for his ability to both push and relate to modern athletes. As a result, his name made the rounds last summer when the coaching carousel was in full spin, and it will almost certainly receive serious consideration this summer once jobs open up.

“You go with it,” Corbin said. “My job is here. And until the opportunity comes to go somewhere else, it’s here. I just let it be what it is.”

Prying Corbin away from the Jazz will not be easy. He highly values his relationship with head coach Jerry Sloan, and assistants Phil Johnson and Scott Layden. Corbin learns something new every day, and his knowledge about the complicated off-the-court factors that must be blended to produce positive chemistry and team-oriented basketball continue to increase. Moreover, a 21-9 Utah team is winning games, and Corbin is enjoying the ride.

“I’d love to be a head coach in this league someday. When the time is right, though. When the situation is right,” Corbin said. “I’m happy where I am. I look forward to the opportunity when it comes to be a head coach. But until then, we’ll keep working here.”
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Corbin was a candidate for Charlotte head coaching job?

If I was the one picking, he'd be replacing Sloan when he retires, but i'm guessing Phil Johnson would have first dibs on the job?
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
JrueHoliday11
jrue it up

JrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nooo sloan
JrueHoliday11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Phil is older than Jerry so he's a longshot. Hopefully Stockton will be ready for the job or I'd go for Horny. Natt should be a candidate to. He's been a top assistant and a head coach unlike Corbin who took his vacated job on the Jazz.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Phil is older than Jerry so he's a longshot. Hopefully Stockton will be ready for the job or I'd go for Horny. Natt should be a candidate to. He's been a top assistant and a head coach unlike Corbin who took his vacated job on the Jazz.
Stockton doesn't seem to be the type who's interested in being involved in basketball at all anymore. Natt could be another to look at though. He was only a interim head coach for what, 60 something games? Kings lost most of 'em too, doubt that'd put him head and shoulders above Corbin.

Has Hornacek had any coaching experience other then being the shooting coach for AK? I know he was interviewed for the Bulls job back when they hired Del Negro.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Maybe Stockton would be interested in that job if any especially once all his kids are gone(if they're not already)?

Natt might not be head and shoulders above but he had the same job with the Jazz as Corbin and has been a top assistant and head coach regardless of success.

Horny comes from a coaching family and would be a good candidate regardless of experience.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: