Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

Default Kyle Lowry

As much as I like Aaron Brooks, I actually like Kyle Lowry as the starting PG. He brings a toughness that Aaron doesn't bring.

The only thing I wish is that the Rockets would get some decent big men and stop playing undersize centers.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

Default Re: Kyle Lowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
As much as I like Aaron Brooks, I actually like Kyle Lowry as the starting PG. He brings a toughness that Aaron doesn't bring.

The only thing I wish is that the Rockets would get some decent big men and stop playing undersize centers.

Aaron Brooks >>>> Kyle Lowry.

Brooks is the better shooter, quicker, faster, better mid-range game. Lowry likes to push the ball, he's good coming off the bench.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy

Kyle Lowry is hot right now, and he's shining bright, but we cant forget how good Brooks is. Brooks has had games like Lowry for a numerous times and we can't forget how well he did in the playoffs. I like Lowry but I don't think he should start.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
soadrules
Good High School Starter

I like Lowry as a spark off the bench because he gets our secondary playes involved. Brooks gets us started hot and Lowry keeps it moving, and I feel they compliment each other and the flow of the game works well with the combination of those two. I think that was a major part of our success last year.
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadrules
I like Lowry as a spark off the bench because he gets our secondary playes involved. Brooks gets us started hot and Lowry keeps it moving, and I feel they compliment each other and the flow of the game works well with the combination of those two. I think that was a major part of our success last year.

I agree with you. That's what I was trying to say earlier. Lowry likes to push the ball. Guys like Hill, Lee, and Budinger like to run the fast break and Lowry is great at doing that.

I'm not saying Lowry is not good enough to start, is just that he is a big reason why Houston's bench was successful last year. The Brooks/Lowry combo is very good and IMO Lowry is a top 5 PG coming off the bench.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

Hes also shooting 40.9% from 3pt range this year.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: