Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Vick tops Pro Bowl voting, Petyon 2nd

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5899361
Quote:
PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick leads Pro Bowl voting 1 years after he was released from prison.

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback had 729,838 fan votes, nearly 39,000 more than second-place Peyton Manning, the NFL said Wednesday. Manning topped the balloting two weeks ago.

"I think it's just a credit to everything I've tried to accomplish on and off the field, just working as hard as I can to change things around, be a part of the solution and not the problem," Vick said. "I changed my life and it just goes to show anybody can do it. It's an unfortunate situation, the things that happened, I wish I could go back and change it all. I wish I could take it all back. The only thing I can do is move forward."

It's the latest evidence many fans seem willing to forgive Vick for the vicious dogfighting operation that sent him to prison for 18 months -- and embrace his stunning return to NFL stardom. A backup to start the season, Vick has led the Eagles to first place in the NFC East, accounting for 21 touchdowns and throwing just two interceptions.

"I appreciate my fans, man," Vick said. "Couldn't do it without them. Been very supportive over the last three years. What more can you ask for?"

Manning had 691,146 votes, which led the AFC, followed by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (623,074), Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (591,598) and Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (547,340).

Online Pro Bowl voting ends Dec. 20. The teams are picked by a vote combination from fans, players and coaches.

Too bad his fans won't get to see him in the Pro Bowl. Super Bowl players can't play in it.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Vick tops Pro Bowl voting, Petyon 2nd

I can't believe he gets all this support after what he did.

The suffering.

The pain.

The anguish.

He should be excluded simply for what he did to his OWN TEAM.

I mean...

...am I the only one that realizes Peyton Manning has thrown 11 ints in the last three games?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:35 AM   #3
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

The pro bowl is a popularity contest. It is voted on by the fans and the fans are given the right to choose who they want to watch. I have no problem with Peyton making it considering his resume.

I just hope Peyton Hillis and Arian Foster make it.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Manning had 691,146 votes, which led the AFC, followed by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (623,074), Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (591,598) and Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (547,340).

some how Rodgers got more votes than Rivers?

Rodgers has come back to being what he was hyped to be now, but Rivers has him dominated in just about every stat...except wins I guess...

yeah and with alternates needed for the Super Bowl players it insures just about everyone worth a shit goes now...Pro Bowl has always been a popularity contest but now it is even more meaningless...

at least they got Peterson right as the 1st HB...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
The pro bowl is a popularity contest. It is voted on by the fans and the fans are given the right to choose who they want to watch. I have no problem with Peyton making it considering his resume.
I won't object when he makes the Hall of Fame, which is where you recognize lifetime achievement (I'll talk shit, but when it comes to Peyton Manning I always do that regardless). But the Pro Bowl is to recognize the great season you just had. "Season," singular. And this season, Manning has not played at an elite level. He has a lot of yards due to a lot of throws (almost twice as many attempts as David Garrard!) but not much to show for it as the AFC's ninth rated passer (whatever passer rating means).

Fortunately the fan vote only counts for a third. But him winning the fan vote is a disturbing omen.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
some how Rodgers got more votes than Rivers
NFC, AFC. And now you know.

Edit: It should be noted that some of the votes that went to Peyton Manning no doubt could have gone to Rivers. So, blame Peyton.

Last edited by Real Men Wear Green : 12-09-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Too bad his fans won't get to see him in the Pro Bowl.

Is he going to get injured again?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Is he going to get injured again?

He means he's going to the Superbowl.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
He means he's going to the Superbowl.

I think he got that
Old 12-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog

I just hope Peyton Hillis and Arian Foster make it.
Foster's got the most votes for an AFC back, 2nd most overall
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #11
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
NFC, AFC. And now you know.

Edit: It should be noted that some of the votes that went to Peyton Manning no doubt could have gone to Rivers. So, blame Peyton.
yes, that was saying total votes in the NFL, not just the NFC or AFC...but you are right, Peyton stealing votes from Rivers makes complete sense...
Old 12-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #12
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
yes, that was saying total votes in the NFL, not just the NFC or AFC...but you are right, Peyton stealing votes from Rivers makes complete sense...

Unfortunately for Rivers, there are still huge portions of the country that don't see a lot of the Chargers unless they're winning and getting attention called to them.

Their highest profile games this year were the week 1 crapfest loss vs the Chiefs; a primetime home win vs the awful Broncos; and a nice win at the Colts, though that doesn't carry the cache it has in years past.

More people know that LT left and Norv sucks than that Rivers is among the 2 or 3 best QB in the game. A shame, because the kid is tremendous.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #13
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Fan voting is a joke. Allen Iverson was voted to start the NBA All-Star Game last year.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

There's nothing wrong with fan voting in these things when the players themselves don't take the game seriously and sit out because of "injuries." The pro bowl is boring as hell anyway...how many people actually watch it?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #15
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
There's nothing wrong with fan voting in these things when the players themselves don't take the game seriously and sit out because of "injuries." The pro bowl is boring as hell anyway...how many people actually watch it?
the players care...

it isn't about the game itself it is about the notoriety that comes with being labeled a "probowler"...

I am sure most of them have incentives in their contracts for it too...they do want that label...for sure

CJ and AP are "probowl RBs"...the only thing higher would be "HOF RBs"

even though it is a popularity contest, it is still more or less a way of being called "elite"...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: