Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #61
guado
Serious playground baller

guado has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Red Sox sign Carl Crawford!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
Good point, thanks.

I was actually just talking to someone else about that.

check out his splits...

playing away , he hit .315 with 20 hr's and 59 rbi's.
guado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #62
indiefan24
Banned

indiefan24 is considered somewhat coolindiefan24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Hey Red Sox -

Great job giving so much money and term to a guy whose entire game is based on speed. This in no way will become an albatross in 3-4 years when he starts to slow down.

Just sayin'.

If they win a couple of WS I think it would be worth it...

Speaking of albatrosses, what about A-Rod? Jeter?

Just sayin'.
indiefan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #63
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiefan24

Just sayin'.

ARod hit 30 hr and 125 rbi last year despite being hurt. How is that an albatross?

Jeter I am not happy about, but the Yankees have money to burn so oh well. As long as they move him to LF and sign Hanley Ramirez next year I am cool with it.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #64
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Just sayin'.

Could care less about the Yanks, my man.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #65
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
ARod hit 30 hr and 125 rbi last year despite being hurt. How is that an albatross?

Jeter I am not happy about, but the Yankees have money to burn so oh well. As long as they move him to LF and sign Hanley Ramirez next year I am cool with it.

That ain't happenin'.

Hanley Ramirez is under contract until 2014 with Florida.

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/200...s_archive.html
Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #66
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
That ain't happenin'.

Hanley Ramirez is under contract until 2014 with Florida.

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/200...s_archive.html

There have been rumors that he is headed to the Yankees, but I thought it was through free agency. I guess they would have to trade for him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...far_ahead.html
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:39 AM   #67
Niytrus
I hit open 5-footers

Niytrus has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
You are probably right that he is not worth the money, but this isn't basketball or football. Who cares how much they pay him? This is the MLB, you can overpay everyone if you want. Even though they are overpaying him now, I don't see that keeping them from overpaying the next player this year or next year when they need him.

I agree he is a good fit for this clubhouse and this should be an exciting season for them

I realize there isn't a cap, but the Sox do have a budget, and although they have one of the largest in the league, they do have a limit. I like the signing and I think Crawford is a great fit with this team, but he is still overpaid based on his production. I'm just happy he is young enough that we will have him for most of his prime.
Niytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:41 AM   #68
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So what's the Beltre market looking like? Guy could be great in StL, too bad they just spent a ton of money on Lance Berkman....to play OF every day.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #69
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
There have been rumors that he is headed to the Yankees, but I thought it was through free agency. I guess they would have to trade for him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...far_ahead.html

That's a pretty garbage speculative article, honestly.

There's no rumours there, just some writer writing about one of the best SS's in the game and speculating (baselessly, on his own) that he'd be a good Yankee (well, duh... he'd be a good anyone) in 4 years.

I mean, anyone could write that article.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #70
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
So what's the Beltre market looking like? Guy could be great in StL, too bad they just spent a ton of money on Lance Berkman....to play OF every day.

It's cool. Just trade Rasmus to the Jays.

They'll take him for you to free up the OF spot.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #71
indiefan24
Banned

indiefan24 is considered somewhat coolindiefan24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Could care less about the Yanks, my man.

Just pointing out that there is no shortage of crappy contracts in baseball hommes.
indiefan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #72
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Just pointing out that there is no shortage of crappy contracts in baseball hommes.

Of that, I am aware.

I'm a Jays fan. We have Vernon Wells.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: