Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #16
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What are your new years resolutions? 2011

1) To become even better looking
2) To get an internship
3) To work on getting back to my max vert
4) To get all A's next semester
5) To better balance all of my hobbies (Sports, TV shows, Games, drawing, and reading)

What I think is realistic out of those:
1 will obviously be the case.
2 depends on my grades, how well my dad can influence the decision (he's director of engineering at the company, but he can't pick me (I don't think), for obvious reasons). Also, whether or not I really need to take summer classes.
3 depends on how well my ankle continues healing (High-ankle sprained it. I can get rim again, but still some ways to go). Depends on my ability to stay dedicated to getting back to peak form.
4 depends on how lazy I am in going to class, or if not going to class, teaching myself out of it
5 isn't much of a goal, but I have a tendency to only watch TV shows for a stretch, only read for a stretch, or only draw (Sports are constant). I just want to manage them better, in regards to each other and my work ethic.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #17
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

- Graduate and never, EVER, think about going to more school.
- Be less fat, I'm 6'1" 195 now and want to get to like 170 and be in better shape. I'm rejoining the gym while on vacation starting in 24 hours. I'll get 5 weeks of exercise with no work/school and then hit the gym at school every day like I was doing last spring.
- Get my car working at 100% and move the f*ck out of Maine.

Plus:
-Fuck Bitches
- Get Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
-Save enough money for a trip in the summer like last year

Where are you going to go? Same places?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:18 AM   #18
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
move the f*ck out of Maine.

StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #19
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cross Country road trip. I've made effort to do this the past 2 years, but they have fallen through. I need to get out of the midwest and see some stuff.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #20
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

-Like prof. murder, graduate again and never ever step foot in a university again.
-Get a good job.
-Save enough for another south american trip before the summer.
-Learn a new language.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #21
chrisxuk

To improve my fitness.
Try harder at school.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #22
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Get out of my comfort zone.

That is one of the most difficult things to do, but it will change your life completely.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

NoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
I want my blog to pay for itself and make atleast a small profit in 2011. That's really my only goal.

Breh, you're one of my faves here (no homo). Hope you'll be eating good off this one
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Maintain my 4.0 (if all goes well this week on my finals)
2. Visit the town I grew up in and the people there
3. Get out of my comfort zone (that's a very good goal and im going to steal it)
4. Continue writing and maybe try to get something published
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #25
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

get up to a 405lbs squat
get up to a 500lbs deadlift
get up to a 275lbs bench press
attain a 170lbs bodyweight while keeping bodyfat under 10%

being able to dunk 2 hands consistently
get up to a 40+ inch vert.

have all of my grades being B or better
spend more time for school work
organize my time better

meet new people
go to more parties

thank God for all he has done

PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #26
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I dont make "resolutions" but here are my plans:

- Last year I made it to the gym 144 days in a row and this year I'd like to top that.

- Lose about 15-20 lbs by June. I'm not overweight by any means (6'2" 215 lbs) but I'd like to get ripped to the bone.

- Find a new job
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #27
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Plus:
-Fuck Bitches
- Get Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Where are you going to go? Same places?
Half. I'm going to Ohio again, but not Jamaica. This year I'm gonna go back to Toronto for a little bit. 2012 is when I hit London and try to watch some Olympic Basketball.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #28
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
1) To become even better looking
2) To get an internship
3) To work on getting back to my max vert
4) To get all A's next semester
5) To better balance all of my hobbies (Sports, TV shows, Games, drawing, and reading)

What I think is realistic out of those:
1 will obviously be the case.
2 depends on my grades, how well my dad can influence the decision (he's director of engineering at the company, but he can't pick me (I don't think), for obvious reasons). Also, whether or not I really need to take summer classes.
3 depends on how well my ankle continues healing (High-ankle sprained it. I can get rim again, but still some ways to go). Depends on my ability to stay dedicated to getting back to peak form.
4 depends on how lazy I am in going to class, or if not going to class, teaching myself out of it
5 isn't much of a goal, but I have a tendency to only watch TV shows for a stretch, only read for a stretch, or only draw (Sports are constant). I just want to manage them better, in regards to each other and my work ethic.
I love this guy.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #29
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Punch Starface in the mouth.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #30
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did anyone keep their resolutions from last year?

I told myself I was going to learn a musical instrument, and starting on Jan 2, I took my first piano less and am still going strong.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: