Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
kevinm06
I airball my layups

Default Nene for Calderon

I was offered Nene for Calderon... Would you accept this trade? Who wins out!? I know Nene is injury prone, but he is ballin right now. And Calderon has potential to flourish as the starter.... but he has let me down in the past!
kevinm06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

Default Re: Nene for Calderon

The person who gets Nene wins the trade. Nene started off slow but he's really heating up. He hasn't been as "injury prone" as he is labeled, as he played 77 and 82 games the last 2 seasons... the season before that he was out w/ testicular cancer, which isn't a classic sports injury. Nene gets you really high FG% w/ 7-8 boards, a steal and a block.

Calderon is solid and good for 12 pts, 7-8 assists, a 3-pt and a steal w/ high efficiency as long as he remains the starter and isn't stuck in a timeshare. The problem is that Bayless or Barbosa might encroach on his minutes as the season moves along, since the rumors are that TO doesn't want to play Calderon more than 30 min a game (not sure why).

Basically grabbing Nene means you trade assists for rebounds, trade a 3-pt for a block, and improve your FG%. The thing w/ both these players is they are much better roto-league than H2H players, since both are ultra-efficient (high shooting %, low TO's). If you don't like Nene, you could probably trade him again and get more value than Calderon in return.

I trust Nene a lot more this season than Calderon. The other thing is that if Melo gets traded, Nene's going to get more touches and boards.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
kevinm06
I airball my layups

Thanks for the input.. I was pretty sure id be taking this trade, as 1) I picked Calderon off the wire. 2) I already have Drose, Tyreke, Jrue Holiday, and DJ Augustin.

I was just worried that Tyreke may be plagued with this plantar fascitis this whole season! But that still leaves me with 3 solid guards.
kevinm06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
browntown
National High School Star

NENE is the better player in this deal, he gives you rebounds, blocks, steals and he's starting to score more points. So if I was you, I would accept this deal.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm06
Thanks for the input.. I was pretty sure id be taking this trade, as 1) I picked Calderon off the wire. 2) I already have Drose, Tyreke, Jrue Holiday, and DJ Augustin.

I was just worried that Tyreke may be plagued with this plantar fascitis this whole season! But that still leaves me with 3 solid guards.

With already having all those pg's then yes, go with Nene. If you were short on pg's i would consider taking Calderon, it really all depends what your team needs. While Nene has better stats big's tend to be more abundand than solid pg's so that does up their value.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: