Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #16
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Trading for Chris Paul is a pointless move right now. He does not fill any holes for NY. Paul does not add low post defense or rebounding. Paul is not a lockdown isolation wing defender. There is simply no need to acquire him.

Id understand your point if we weren't talking about acquiring a Top Ten player in the NBA who also is the best PG in the league.

If Felton can put up 18/8 in this system running our team, I have reason to believe Chris Paul would put up incredible numbers. He would so while elevating the play of our wing guard/forwards as well as Amare. Scary thought.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Trading for Chris Paul is a pointless move right now. He does not fill any holes for NY. Paul does not add low post defense or rebounding. Paul is not a lockdown isolation wing defender. There is simply no need to acquire him.
I wouldn't say that trading for arguably the best pg in the league is pointless.

Now I will say that Felton is putting up similar numbers in this system and is more durable than Paul.

That might make it pointless, but Paul is a much better pg.

It's his durability that makes me shy away at the moment.

Since he has been back he is still quite the player he was..... pre-injury, but his scoring has fell down a little.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #18
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Let's not forget that CP3 puts up 10apg YEARLY on one of the slowest teams in the league. He's already put up all-time great seasons statisically that rival Magic Johnson. I can only imagine what he'd put up in a system this fast and a target like Amar'e. Nash only played 34mpg and put up double-digit assists. Just think about every time Felton missed the pass to the big guy. Or every time he threw it too far ahead or threw an alley-oop that was too high. Those are buckets from a CP3 pass. I hate to sound like I'm hating on Felton, but he's not even close to the player CP3 is. Like knickscity said, the only thing that worries me about CP3 is that knee injury.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Ray Felton was not outplayed by DJ Augustin not did Augustin play so well that Felton wasn't a priority. Felton simply did not want to play for Larry Brown and Michael Jordan anymore. Those two can not run a franchise and Charlotte's success last season will prove to have been a fluke.

You're right in your analysis as usual but I think CP3 is clearly top 2 at his position. Depending on the price to acquire a top 2 player it does improve the team and I think it takes the team to a higher level. Felton still has considerable holes in his game although he has played tremendously. So I dont have a problem with the trading for CP3 based soley on who is the better player and would CP3 be a vast improvement to Felton, however CP3 health and being out of shape concerns me!

Felton needs a nickname.

Now if you asked me do I want Melo at this point I am going to have to say no but I dont want to change the thread convo.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-12-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #20
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Chris Paul may be a better player than Ray Felton, but upgrading the PG spot is not going to push the Knicks over the top. They might become more entertaining but the wins, losses, and holes in the roster would be the same.

The Knicks trading for Paul would be like the Blazers trading for Kobe Bryant. Yes, Kobe is better than Brandon Roy. Does it really make the Blazers a better team though?

The Knicks become a garbled mess when Felton sits, Coach Pringles looks to be in love with Shawne Williams, and Rony Turiaf is the high energy waste of space he's always been. This team needs dependable backups at the PG, the wing (SG/SF), and in the paint (PF/C).
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Chris Paul may be a better player than Ray Felton, but upgrading the PG spot is not going to push the Knicks over the top. They might become more entertaining but the wins, losses, and holes in the roster would be the same.

The Knicks trading for Paul would be like the Blazers trading for Kobe Bryant. Yes, Kobe is better than Brandon Roy. Does it really make the Blazers a better team though?

The Knicks become a garbled mess when Felton sits, Coach Pringles looks to be in love with Shawne Williams, and Rony Turiaf is the high energy waste of space he's always been. This team needs dependable backups at the PG, the wing (SG/SF), and in the paint (PF/C).
I agree there are some pressing needs on the roster but to imply the Knicks are not better with CP3 in the W's and L's not true. You are saying CP3 isnt an impact player? I disagree. Also, you are saying that Felton is on par with CP3 which just isnt the case. Anyway this team can upgrade is important. This is not a championship callibur team at this point so anywhere the Knicks can get better is a positive.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's like saying dont go get a Bugatti because your Renaukt hasnt broken down yet.If you can afford the Bugatti....you get it.Even if you have stuff in your house that needs to be fixed.If you can AFFORD it,then you can do both. Just like with this.I dont know why some of you are acting like we cant address our other needs if we sign Paul.This is not NBA Live.You dont have to do one move at a time.Plus,we have the cap space.Getting Paul doesnt prohibit us from getting other players....especially getting him via trade.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #23
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Acquiring Paul right now would be like EXACTLY a NY'er buying a Bugatti. A ridiculously stupid purchase that shows you have no clue how you effectively spend your money. This Knick team as constructed is a 45 to 50 win team. You can not realistically tell me that trading for Chris Paul makes them a 50 to 55 win club. Not when you have Tony Douglas as a backup PG, Shawne Williams getting all your backup wing minutes, and Rony Turiaf being your top big guy off the bench.

Coach Pringles likes to play a short bench, so the ineffectiveness of the bench is a macro problem. Upgrading a spot that is solid is micro.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Acquiring Paul right now would be like EXACTLY a NY'er buying a Bugatti. A ridiculously stupid purchase that shows you have no clue how you effectively spend your money. This Knick team as constructed is a 45 to 50 win team. You can not realistically tell me that trading for Chris Paul makes them a 50 to 55 win club. Not when you have Tony Douglas as a backup PG, Shawne Williams getting all your backup wing minutes, and Rony Turiaf being your top big guy off the bench.

Coach Pringles likes to play a short bench, so the ineffectiveness of the bench is a macro problem. Upgrading a spot that is solid is micro.

Everything that Felton is doing on his best day, Paul does at his "off nights".

I respect you as a poster, you give insight on things I don't look at, but your analogy is dead wrong on this one.

Your are accepting mediocrity.

The Knicks will not win a playoff series with this group.

Even if you shake it up with acquiring CP3 the win loss column would not be affected.

Once again this isn't a championship run.

The Knicks should be doing everything they can to improve the club and CP3 improves the club.

Like I said, his durability is all I question about him.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #25
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Your are accepting mediocrity.

The Knicks will not win a playoff series with this group.
Chris Paul does not win this team a playoff series either because the PG is NOT what is holding the group back.

To stick with the cars theme, Ray Felton is a V8 engine. Chris Paul is a V12. Yes, that V12 would make the car go faster. The problem is this car is stick in neutral (Shawne Williams getting minutes) AND has it's parking brake locked on (Rony Turiaf getting minutes).

Let's get this thing moving in drive before we worry about swapping engines. Especially when you don't know what problems that new engine will bring with it (the pieces needed to trade for Paul could be significant).
Old 12-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Chris Paul does not win this team a playoff series either because the PG is NOT what is holding the group back.

To stick with the cars theme, Ray Felton is a V8 engine. Chris Paul is a V12. Yes, that V12 would make the car go faster. The problem is this car is stick in neutral (Shawne Williams getting minutes) AND has it's parking brake locked on (Rony Turiaf getting minutes).

Let's get this thing moving in drive before we worry about swapping engines. Especially when you don't know what problems that new engine will bring with it (the pieces needed to trade for Paul could be significant).

I hear you 100%. Felton is not the problem, but like I said CP3 is still an upgrade.

The team is not hurt by a deal for this player, other than having two players, possibly three, with Melo who has had a history of freak injuries.

Your analogy doesn't compare the two.

The v-12 may not be practical, but it's a better engine.

Our team needs a well oiled fined tuned engine, to run this offense, like PHX had with Nash.

Our engine now is Felton, not bad of an "engine".

But don't pretend that the 3.5 liter V6 in the Altima isn't a world of difference in the ride and overall performance when compared to the 2.5 liter "4".

Both engine get you there, but one is better and it doesn't affect anything but overall performance.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you can AFFORD a Bugatti without overextending yourself,you get it.Now if it's gonna break the bank the dont....it's irresponsible.But if you have Bugatti money,you better not come home with a Prius Hybrid because it's "good on gas".Not when you have the choice.

Dont bring me back Dominos Pizza when I can have Gaby's Pizza in Queens and tell me "well you know Dominos improved their ingredients".
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #28
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A lot of car talk in this thread.

If we add Chris Paul to this team, I honestly believe we will win a Playoff series as long as we can get the #4/#5 seed and match up with Chicago or Atlanta. You're forgeting that CP3 makes everyone around him better, no different than what Nash has done in Phoenix. But when you factor in the offensive pace & freedom that CP3 would have in this system, then you will see results immediately from our role players.

I dont why you're insulting Toney Douglas. Hes emerging as one of the better backup PG's in the league although his natural position is at SG. Hes a good defender, can score anywhere on the court, and hes improved his PG skills in controlling the offense compared to last season.

Im not a fan of Shawne Williams. But with the way hes been shooting since he got activated, I dont see why you'd consider him some sort of major liability. Hes a 3rd string type of SF, but hes only trying to find his role now that hes on the active roster. Remember he came out of Memphis a few years ago with a lot of talent/potential, and hes trying to put it together now.

If New Orleans is ready to deal, I have faith that Donnie will make sure he does whatever he can do to bring in CP3. With the Melo trade rumors being discussed, there might be a chance we can somehow get him this season as well if he forces Denver's hand like hes suggesting he will do.

If Miami is considered a favorite without a legit C, I dont see why we'd not be viewed the same way with that group of talent together. Turiaf is an underrated player, and when he gets healthy I think he can be a factor.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

How did we get on cars anyway?

I can't afford a Bugatti, but I hear that S65 AMG is running too.

Damn now you guys got me in it.

Back to the thread.

Chris Paul is a better point than Raymond Felton.

CP3 arguably is best in the League.

But Raymond Felton is playing on the same level as Chris Paul right now, and not many pg's are playing better than him right now.

Only difference between the players right now, and I mean right now is durability.

Now what do you do? That's the question.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #30
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
How did we get on cars anyway?

I can't afford a Bugatti, but I hear that S65 AMG is running too.

Damn now you guys got me in it.

Back to the thread.

Chris Paul is a better point than Raymond Felton.

CP3 arguably is best in the League.

But Raymond Felton is playing on the same level as Chris Paul right now, and not many pg's are playing better than him right now.

Only difference between the players right now, and I mean right now is durability.

Now what do you do? That's the question.

Wish Raymond Felton good luck with his new team in Kansas City/Seattle/Las Vegas and pick Chris Paul up at JFK.

I really like Felton and I always thought that he was undeservingly ridiculed too much for not being on the level of CP3/Deron. But he just isn't.

Its like marrying Kelly Rowland when you can have Beyonce.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: