Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #31
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Wish Raymond Felton good luck with his new team in Kansas City/Seattle/Las Vegas and pick Chris Paul up at JFK.

I really like Felton and I always thought that he was undeservingly ridiculed too much for not being on the level of CP3/Deron. But he just isn't.

Its like marrying Kelly Rowland when you can have Beyonce.
I totally agree.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #32
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Upgrading at center is more important than upgrading at PG right now. Unless Paul is gonna grow 1 foot and play center for us, it is not really worth it to trade for him, unless it was Felton for Paul straight up.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You keep saying that but why can't we do both? Please explain that to me. Why does trading for Chris Paul mean we're not gonna fulfill our needs @ center?It's not like we're gonna get Dwight Howard or anything.Any center we get will probably either be a project of a guy that just complments Amare. We will be fine with a JeVale McGee or Robin Lopez type.Not exactly someone you have to mortgage the house on.So explain to me why gettin Paul ruins our plans to get a center?And when you're done that,explain who exactly you are crossing your fingers for because I dont see too many centers out there. Tyson Chandler and Dalembert seem like the best guys out there.Not exactly guys I'd rather have over a top 3 pg.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #34
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not saying we can't do both, but the more pressing need is our front court. I would hate to trade away a piece that may be more valuable later on in a trade for a center, and trade that piece which only marginally upgrades us at PG. And yes, Paul is only a marginal upgrade right now. Felton is playing very well, and Paul isn't going to improve us that much.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #35
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Not saying we can't do both, but the more pressing need is our front court. I would hate to trade away a piece that may be more valuable later on in a trade for a center, and trade that piece which only marginally upgrades us at PG. And yes, Paul is only a marginal upgrade right now. Felton is playing very well, and Paul isn't going to improve us that much.
Exactly. Fix what holds you back first. Then you add what pushes you forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You keep saying that but why can't we do both? Please explain that to me... who exactly you are crossing your fingers for because I dont see too many centers out there. Tyson Chandler and Dalembert seem like the best guys out there.Not exactly guys I'd rather have over a top 3 pg.
Actually Orlando is listening to offers for Brandon Bass and Marcin Gortat. Maybe Atlanta is willing to move Zaza Pachulia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
I dont why you're insulting Toney Douglas. Hes emerging as one of the better backup PG's in the league although his natural position is at SG. Hes a good defender, can score anywhere on the court, and hes improved his PG skills in controlling the offense compared to last season.

Im not a fan of Shawne Williams. But with the way hes been shooting since he got activated, I dont see why you'd consider him some sort of major liability. Hes a 3rd string type of SF, but hes only trying to find his role now that hes on the active roster. Remember he came out of Memphis a few years ago with a lot of talent/potential, and hes trying to put it together now....

If Miami is considered a favorite without a legit C, I dont see why we'd not be viewed the same way with that group of talent together. Turiaf is an underrated player, and when he gets healthy I think he can be a factor.
Douglas is a PG by title only. He does not understand spacing, pace, or how to make sure the defense is organized. The drop off in cohesion on either end of the floor reduces drastically when Felton is off the court.

Williams STILL does not understand the game of basketball. In Coach Pringles system Williams has to be able to play either the 3 or 4 spot. Williams low ball IQ has him struggling to do either. Williams struggles are not with skills (ie shot making, boxing out, etc) but in being where he needs to be on offense and defending the right guys on defense.

Turiaf is a bum and always has been. Yes, I'm happy the guy was able to recover from his medical issues and make the NBA. Still, he's not a good player. He's a guy that uses "false hustle" to trick people into believing he's a good defender. Turiaf make be a great locker room guy but on the court he's a total waste of space.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like who? Who are we trading to get these guys?Im not giving more than two players for any of them.I liked Bass when he was a free agent (and I made it well known here) but Orlando can keep him now.I'd rather a shot blocker.Gortat gets paid too much money.Zaza Puchulia plays no D and will just add yet another finesse player to a roster who is full of players who dont wanna committ to that end of the floor.Not to mention o by the way HE'S AVERAGING 4 POINTS A GAME.

Need or not theres no way to spin that getting Zaza Pachulia is better than getting Chris Paul.I'd rather Paul play center than have ZaZa Pachulia lol. If for no reason than the fact his name is ZaZa.And btw Ronny Turiaf is averaging the same numbers as him!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #37
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Need or not theres no way to spin that getting Zaza Pachulia is better than getting Chris Paul.I'd rather Paul play center than have ZaZa Pachulia lol. If for no reason than the fact his name is ZaZa.And btw Ronny Turiaf is averaging the same numbers as him!
I'm still laughing at CP3 at Center.

He might lead the league in steals for a Center.

But kidding though, I agree that if CP3 was available, go get em.

I'm digging Felton's game right now, but even in the summer Amar'e wanted Ridnour.

Plus do we all remember the toast at Melo's wedding?

I don't think Felton was in attendance.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #38
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Zaza Pachulia is not great but he's worlds better than Turiaf is. I don't think people realize exactly how bad he is. I think people get so caught up in the feel good story of his recovery from heart surgery that they don't want to admit he stinks.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #39
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Zaza Pachulia is not great but he's worlds better than Turiaf is. I don't think people realize exactly how bad he is. I think people get so caught up in the feel good story of his recovery from heart surgery that they don't want to admit he stinks.
What does Zaza bring to the game that I don't see?

I know some years back when he was a starter, he played well but wasn't exactly a defensive presence.

Definitely not a shotblocker.

Turiaf at least likes to mix it up in the paint, and he is a decent defender.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 AM   #40
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
What does Zaza bring to the game that I don't see?

I know some years back when he was a starter, he played well but wasn't exactly a defensive presence.

Definitely not a shotblocker.

Turiaf at least likes to mix it up in the paint, and he is a decent defender.
Turiaf is NOT a decent defender. Turiaf is the king of what is termed "false hustle".

He lunges for steals and blocks he physically can not get without sacrificing position, he dives out of bounds for the ball under his own hoop, he attempts to draw charges and hopes to get a call when he rotates late, he gets beat for position in the post then plays extra physical when the guy gets the ball in the post, etc.

Turiaf may very well be a great guy and do an excellent job keeping the guys on the bench in the game with his cheering and towel waving. On the court the guy is useless and if the Knicks have to depend on him in the playoffs they lose four games to two in the first round.

That's why I'm so against trading for Chris Paul. Ray Felton starting at PG is good enough to win a playoff series if the team is constructed, and playing, well. Turiaf being your "big" off the bench is not.

The PG's I want the Knicks to look into are Ramon Sessions (having issues with the Cavs coaches), Will Bynum (Detroit's coaches), and check to see if Indiana is showcasing Darren Collison for a possible move because he's not playing fourth quarters anymore.

For bigs I want them to give Portland a call about Joel Pryzbilla. Rumor is the Blazers may blow the whole thing up out there.

SIDE NOTE: Also I have a mock I'm going to post up involving a few of the latest NBA rumors. want to hear you guys opinion on it.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 AM   #41
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

KO I will disagree with you there.

Turiaf does exactly what you say he does and to me that is a DECENT defender.

Ironically you said Zaza was world's better than Turiaf.

I stated I don't see that and asked you to tell me what I don't see.

I don't want to here more Turiaf notes.

I'm still waiting on your ZaZa assessment guy.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #42
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Same here.If Turiaf is the "king" of fake hustle,what is ZaZa...The "king" of averaging stats almost identical to Turiaf?

If ZaZa was a player the Hawks would be contenders.It's really their biggest weakness in their lineup.So why would we take a guy who's the weak link of a perennial playoff team...so we can NOT be a perennial playoff team?

Quote:
Turiaf may very well be a great guy and do an excellent job keeping the guys on the bench in the game with his cheering and towel waving. On the court the guy is useless and if the Knicks have to depend on him in the playoffs they lose four games to two in the first round.

I dont think anyone "depends" on Turiaf to do anything.Turiaf isnt all that good but truth be told,he's been the catalyst behind a few of our wins this year!I dont think anyone here is arguing that Turiaf is a bonafied starter.I think most ppl are moreso scratching their heads @ why you feel ZaZa is!

Quote:
That's why I'm so against trading for Chris Paul. Ray Felton starting at PG is good enough to win a playoff series if the team is constructed, and playing, well. Turiaf being your "big" off the bench is not.

Again,why does getting Paul mean we cant get a center.Especially the bums you want.They arent getting Max deals.We can get a ZaZa quality guy for the league minimum lol.

Quote:
The PG's I want the Knicks to look into are Ramon Sessions (having issues with the Cavs coaches), Will Bynum (Detroit's coaches), and check to see if Indiana is showcasing Darren Collison for a possible move because he's not playing fourth quarters anymore.

For bigs I want them to give Portland a call about Joel Pryzbilla. Rumor is the Blazers may blow the whole thing up out there.

#1 If we dont need Paul,why do we need these pg's?
#2 Are we seriously bringing up the Sessions name again?
#3 As for Pryzbilla,you do realize Turiaf's numbers are better than his right + he's about 4 years younger.Once again,not advocating Turiaf's play,just curious why you're so eager to get a 31 yr old avg 2 ppg 3 rpg and 0.3 bpg
Old 12-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #43
Da KO King

Both Pryzbilla and Pachulia understand where to be on defense. Turiaf simply does not.

Also, I'm starting to think the fact I'm looking at cheap BACKUPS who expire either this season or next season at earliest is being overlooked. Amar'e Stoudemire is locked in a C. This team needs to figure out how to get a guy who can effectively relieve Stoudemire to keep him fresh down the stretch.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #44
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Both Pryzbilla and Pachulia understand where to be on defense. Turiaf simply does not.

Also, I'm starting to think the fact I'm looking at cheap BACKUPS who expire either this season or next season at earliest is being overlooked. Amar'e Stoudemire is locked in a C. This team needs to figure out how to get a guy who can effectively relieve Stoudemire to keep him fresh down the stretch.
I agree with your paragraph, but not your statement on Pryz or Zaza.

They are the prime definition of career backups.

I just would like to know what do those guys do that you feel Turiaf doesn't.

False hustle to me is Verajao.

Turiaf is a backup. I have no problem with him backing up Stat.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #45
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

took the words right out of my mouth.BTW Turiaf gets more blocks than both of them.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: