Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default you know what I would do if I was rich?

Quote:
Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
Peter Gibbons: I would relax... I would sit on my ass all day... I would do nothing.

anyone else ever feel like that?

people need to stop pretending money doesn't equal happiness...yes it f*cking does...lol

rich people are happy...obviously there are exceptions but I am quite positive the average rich guy that doesn't have to get up for work every day is happier than the average middle class man...

do the bills ever stop?

-house
-car
-house insurance
-car insurance
-home owners dues
-cell phone
-home phone
-internet
-gas
-credit cards
-electricity
-ect

it never f*cking ends...pay one here comes another...

THEN, if you are single the everyday crap tasks of laundry, dishes, cleaning in general just get to the point that I give up...maids are worth every penny but that is yet ANOTHER bill...almost worth listening to a woman's yapping just to have someone to do all that BS for me...

I am sick of everyday..."SHIT"...just want to sit around and play video games all day and watch sports...that's it...

/vent
/rant
/thread
/someone give me $10 mill please...all I need
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: you know what I would do if I was rich?

Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Actually studies have shown that as long as you make a decent salary (60-70,000 ish), you're paying the bills and aren't in debt, you are equally as happy as the guy who makes 10 mil a year.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
Actually studies have shown that as long as you make a decent salary (60-70,000 ish), you're paying the bills and aren't in debt, you are equally as happy as the guy who makes 10 mil a year.
I am that...and I am quite positive I would be happier with 10 mil a year...

those studies lie...
Old 12-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

money buys everything except your way into heaven. "come on, jesus, i got 50 mills let ya boy in, dawg".
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
Peter Gibbons: I would relax... I would sit on my ass all day... I would do nothing.

I'm the laziest guy out there but this right here get's old real fast. From the age of 17-19 I've basically done nothing. Dropped outta school. Unemployed. I basically did nothing besides sit on my ass and do whatever I wanted. Life without purpose get's boring real quick. I'm still doing it right and like losing my mind

I agree money probably helps awhole of alot. I'd settle for being comfortable tho.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You'd probably end up doing the one or two things you really love. For me I'd probably start my own racing company and compete professionally.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I'm the laziest guy out there but this right here get's old real fast. From the age of 17-19 I've basically done nothing. Dropped outta school. Unemployed. I basically did nothing besides sit on my ass and do whatever I wanted. Life without purpose get's boring real quick. I'm still doing it right and like losing my mind

I agree money probably helps awhole of alot. I'd settle for being comfortable tho.

yes, it does get old pretty quick, I have been through bouts of "nothingness"....just the kind of mood I am right now though, would love a break from life for a couple weeks and just do nothing
Old 12-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG

That's a straight up lie . Money can't buy happiness but it can sure as hell make a big impact on it.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yea I am kind of your side with this pt, having $$ to do whatever you want and never have to worry about a single bill month to month is HUGE. Peace of mind is the biggest part. The whole "money can't buy happiness" seems like a phrase made up so poor to middle class folk don't have to feel like shyt bc they are not balling. Obv. it can't buy all your happiness, but being able to support you and your fam goes a long way into ones happiness.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #11
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-

yes, it does get old pretty quick, I have been through bouts of "nothingness"....just the kind of mood I am right now though, would love a break from life for a couple weeks and just do nothing

Ya dude. It was awesome for a year. Than everyone passes you by. You have no purpose. Still great at times but most of the time you hate it. Even if your loaded as **** you still need some kinda purpose.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Prime tell me you wouldn't spend the majority of your time pining over your Mercedes collection. 'Cause I'd just sit in my F40 for hours for no reason just smiling.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #13
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would pay off all my parents loans and give them like half my money, invest money into schools that actually help kids succeed rather than set them up for failure. Hook up all my friends. Invest in land and start a self sustained household. So I could keep busy and get a good workout while providing for myself and whoever lives with me, instead of sitting on my ass wasting away. But yea, too damn broke...
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I were a rich man I would do two things:

-Buy the internet and shut it down.
-Buy a giant squid and have it suck my dick.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Affleck
They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the ****ing smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: