Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #31
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: you know what I would do if I was rich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
on the 72"

they have televisions over 100 inches now

i think panasonic has a 106 inch tv?

anyways, i wouldn't get one that large, but instead a plethora of 50" on a huge display wall and then probably a 100 for my room or theater
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #32
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
20 foot hd projection screen*
You would suck balls on a screen that large. You aren't playing Mario, this is a FPS.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #33
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
20 foot hd projection screen*

-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #35
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would buy Cowboys stadium then put prime's picture up on the screen then pay every punter in the nfl to ding footballs off your face
Old 12-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #36
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I would buy Cowboys stadium then put prime's picture up on the screen then pay every punter in the nfl to ding footballs off your face
hmm....okay

now that you bring that up though what happened to all the supposed problems that was going to cause?

quite obvious now that Fisher ordered that punter to hit the screen in the preseason last year...

what a cawk sucker...
Old 12-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #37
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I am that...and I am quite positive I would be happier with 10 mil a year...

those studies lie...

Quote:
Historically, economists have said that well-being is a simple function of income. However, it has been found that once wealth reaches a subsistence level, its effectiveness as a generator of well-being is greatly diminished

This is the Easterlin Paradox. Google it.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #38
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
there is no money in music anymore, everyone steals it...

Most of artists' money comes from live shows, NOT record sales. Don't ever believe it when a musical artist says that people downloading their music is killing their income.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #39
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

i forgot to add that i would activate the pip on the screen with a live camera of me making it rain with hundreds and shaking my head side to side silently mouthing "f*ck you" and dave chappelle dancing in the background as prince and a running ticker on the screen that just says starface is a f*ggot
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #40
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
This is the Easterlin Paradox. Google it.
Quote:
The Easterlin Paradox is a key concept in happiness economics. It is named for economist Richard Easterlin who discussed the factors contributing to happiness in the 1974 paper "Does Economic Growth Improve the Human Lot? Some Empirical Evidence."[1] Easterlin found that within a given country people with higher incomes are more likely to report being happy. However, in international comparisons the average reported level of happiness does not vary much with national income per person, at least for countries with income sufficient to meet basic needs. Similarly, although income per person rose steadily in the United States between 1946 and 1970, average reported happiness showed no long-term trend and declined between 1960 and 1970.

This concept was revived recently by Andrew Oswald of the University of Warwick in 1997, driving media interest in the topic. Recent research has utilised many different forms of measuring happiness, including biological measures, showing similar patterns of results. This goes some way to answering the problems of self-rated happiness.

The implication for government policy is that once basic needs are met, policy should focus not on economic growth or GDP, but rather on increasing life satisfaction or GNH.

In 2003 Ruut Veenhoven and Michael Hagerty published a new analysis based on including various sources of data, and their conclusion was that there is no paradox and countries did indeed get happier with increasing income.[2] In his reply Easterlin maintained his position, pointing that the critics were using inadequate data.[3]

In 2008, economists Justin Wolfers and Betsey Stevenson, both of the University of Pennsylvania, published a paper where they reassessed the Easterlin paradox using new time-series data. They conclude like Veenhoven et al. that, contrary to Easterlin's claim, increases in absolute income are clearly linked to increased self-reported happiness, for both individual people and whole countries.[2][4][5][6] The statistical relationship demonstrated is between happiness and the logarithm of absolute income, suggesting that above a certain point, happiness increases more slowly than income, but no "saturation point" is ever reached. The study provides evidence that happiness is determined not only by relative income, but also by absolute income. That is in contrast to an extreme understanding of the hedonic treadmill theory where "keeping up with the Joneses" is the only determinant of behavior.[6]

thank you for this...I knew it was correct

studies show that money = happiness
Old 12-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #41
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

holy shit i want a screen that big

so much crazy shit you can do
Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #42
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

I bet the "happiness level" in income tops out at the point hta they don't have to get up and go to work anymore, they are free to do what they want...

that is what it really is all about...."FREEDOM"

money = "FREEDOM"
Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #43
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
You would suck balls on a screen that large. You aren't playing Mario, this is a FPS.
I mostly meant for gaming in general. Play in a theater room or something. FPS would definitely be terrible though.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #44
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

Quote:
there is no money in music anymore, everyone steals it...

who said i was trying to make money? i wanna make one album to leave behind.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #45
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
holy shit i want a screen that big

so much crazy shit you can do
You cant do shit without the worlds longest HDMI cord.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: