Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 12-01-2006, 11:28 PM   #1
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far
Default Telfair as a starter

Am I the only Celtic fan who thinks Telfair should be coming off the bench for now?

Not many people realize how young Telfair is and how he lacks experience in the NBA just like the other Celtic guards. I think Delonte West should take it over for now. At least he has a good year under his belt.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #2
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

I just don't think Rondo should be getting DNP's...

Good job Doc! Not really.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Rondo couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with his jumper. Once he can, he'll probably see a lot more minutes.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by braden.
Rondo couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with his jumper. Once he can, he'll probably see a lot more minutes.
It doesn't matter, Rondo's courtvision is clearly unmatched by anyone else on this team, and the fact that his Jumper could be obscured if Doc River's learned how to correctly correlate him on the offense. What I mean is make Rondo constantly slash and drive the ball constantly. He won't need a jumper if he can create for everyone else, as long as Scal isn't on the floor, he can be effective.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problem with that idea is that you would have to base the offense around Rondo, and he isn't ready for that (and may not ever be). Paul Pierce is and should continue to be the focal point of the offense, so the pg has to be able to hit jumpers to punish doubles. Even Jason Kidd had to get at least a little shooting ability. It may take him a year or two, but Rondo ought to become at least a sub-par shooter (he isn't even that good right now) and then he may be able to start. But right now, Telfair is actually doing a decent job and looks like he's also getting better, so Telfair should start. After him, hey, Gerald Green is deserving of minutes and so is West, and there's only so much pt that can be had so Telfair gets second-string pg pt as well as some sg minutes and Green gets SG and SF minutes. I will say that playing Tony Allen serves no purpose, but I think that the team is trying to trade him so may be trying to showcase him in a lame way. I'd play Rondo over Allen (Tony Allen's j is only slightly better and Rondo is way more intelligent) but if the team is trying to deal Allen it kind of makes sense.After Allen's gone, maybe then Rondo will get some pt.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #6
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

I have to agree that Telfair's been doing a fairly good job. He can get his shot any time he wants it, and his court vision is adequate. His jumper is also lightyears ahead of where I expected it to be.

Quote:
It doesn't matter, Rondo's courtvision is clearly unmatched by anyone else on this team, and the fact that his Jumper could be obscured if Doc River's learned how to correctly correlate him on the offense.
Umm, you know how teams stopped Tony Parker in the playoffs by clogging the lane and making him shoot it? Well, Rondo's J is a fraction of what Parker's was then. They'd just clog the lane and let him uncontested 15 footers all day.

Last edited by braden. : 12-02-2006 at 11:21 PM.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: