Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
King Baron
OneAnswer

King Baron has decent reputation
Arrow Top 10 Types of People on Facebook

http://broscience.org/top-10-types-o...e-on-facebook/

Hey, I recently wrote The Top 10 Types of People on Facebook, a funny social commentary on the site. Check it out!
King Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 10 Types of People on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Baron

Hey, I recently wrote The Top 10 Types of People on Facebook, a funny social commentary on the site. Check it out!

Man, I know a lot of people that are #2...
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #3
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

Lol @ that nerd that got owned by that *****
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #4
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago

DRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
Lol @ that nerd that got owned by that *****

I actually felt a lil bad for him
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Baron

nice...

you should add:

-bored chick who comments on every pic
-'life is awesome' guy (who is a closet manic-depressant).
-dude who wants to chat (in the bottom messenger box) every time you log on
-dude who goes 'offline' to avoid said chats (I am this guy).
-and something about bltches who upload 80 self taken photos of themselves each weekend while drunk.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The "deep thinker."

--There are a handful of people who do nothing but post elaborate quotes, trying to get you to think that they are some sort of "inquisitive soul." Instead, they are just really good at copy/paste.

The weekend crowd

--"ugh, Monday! When is Friday gonna get here?!?!"
--"YES, it's the WEEKEND!"
--"bummer, the weekend is just about over! "
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #7
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the e-vangelist:

uses facebook as a medium to spread the holy word. is often pregnant, recently engaged/married or just one of those prats who can't talk about anything except jesus.

here is a recent post from one of the freaks, quoted verbatim from my fb:

"Praise be for breastfeeding! What a wonderful way too start the day!!"
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
"Praise be for breastfeeding! What a wonderful way too start the day!!"

For some reason just about everyone I went to high school is a Jesus freak. I mean I'm a practicing Catholic but I don't feel compelled to preach on FB. The bored mommy crowd is equally annoying. "Jackson lost his first tooth!"-followed by 100 likes and comments from other mommies that talk about nothing but their little rug rats.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 12-09-2010 at 09:21 AM.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #9
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

yeah i hate the moms who whore out their kids on facebook. so damn annoying. especially the new moms.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

I love this thread.

I'm never log in dude. I created a profile just so I could check up on people, but now I don't even remember my password or care about people from high school.

Anyway, I can tell most people on ISH will appreciate this. I like the ones you guys added in the posts. So true.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

How about the "Always comments on everything" guy? Or that person with 10000 followers but you have no idea why?
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #12
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Haha good list, I have multiple people in every category so I posted it as my status .

Some other ones

" Old person who takes statuses literally"

" The mom who posts pictures of her from the 70's"

" The preacher" ( been mentioned on here already)

" Gym rat larry" - always posting pictures of gym progress and talking about working out.

" the juke box" - constantly quoting song lyrics

" Wannabe artist " - inspired by my buddy who spams all of us with his new songs on youtube and online surveys so he can win awards.

I think the most common one is the attention whore girls who have 2000 friends , not knowing 80% of them
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What about those people who abbreviate EVERYTHING?

"brb goin to da mall wit my fam. They got sum gr8 deals."
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
What about those people who abbreviate EVERYTHING?

"brb goin to da mall wit my fam. They got sum gr8 deals."

Hate those people. How about the "too clever for you" type? They always post an obscure reference as their status that only a select few people will get.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Night_Elf
How about the "Always comments on everything" guy?
Some of my friends refer to that as Status Bombing. There is one guy in particular who is apparently on Facebook for most, if not all of the day, everyday. He may honestly have some sort of social disorder (being serious) and he comments on every status that pops up on his feed.

Example:

That Guy: "Oh really how was it?"

Different Status: "Just woke up, feeling iffy."

That Guy: "Cool! How'd you sleep?"

He does not have a ton of real deal friends, but each of his responses are stated as if he has been tight with every single person for years. It's not irritating to me, but it is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Hate those people. How about the "too clever for you" type? They always post an obscure reference as their status that only a select few people will get.
Ha, I like those people too. "Oh, what's that? My status? Oh don't worry about that, you wouldn't understand. It's jussst. . .it's kind of obscure and I know about it, but no one else probably does sooo. . ."

Also, what I like about the people with really dramatic statuses (such as "My whole life is in ruins! Oh God where are you now?") is when a response comes back asking "Aw, what's wrong?" she's shoot back with "NOTHING, just leave me alone! I don't want to talk about it!"

Last edited by Rake2204 : 12-09-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: