Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 12-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far
Default trade bogut?

hey i was wondering why bogut hasnt bin traded yet. a 1st round draft pick sophmore center should not be averaging only 11 points and 7 boards and gets close to zero blocks...like what is that.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
hey i was wondering why bogut hasnt bin traded yet. a 1st round draft pick sophmore center should not be averaging only 11 points and 7 boards and gets close to zero blocks...like what is that.

It's way too early to give up on Bogut. He's not bad, he's doing OK
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:30 AM   #3
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
It's way too early to give up on Bogut. He's not bad, he's doing OK
ok is not what u expect from the number one pic. lets see the year before him who was the 1. pic..dwight wasnt it??
who averaged 12 points 10 boards and a block or two.
before him was bron who averaged 20-5-5
then before him was yao who averaged 13 points 9 boards and 2 blocks...
then bogut comes along and scores 9 and 7 with barely a block??! i love bogut im a freaking australian but when u are the number 1 draft pic ur supposed 2 step your game up.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:57 AM   #4
jbrown3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jbrown3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
The problem isn't just Bogut, I mean he would probably play a lot differently on another team. I think part of the issue is with C.Vill. gone; he doesn't have as much support down low, I mean there aren't really any other big guys left on the Bucks who can play 30+ minutes. Let's wait until the All-Star Break to see how Bogut's numbers are doing.
jbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
TheTrueKnicksFan
Banned

TheTrueKnicksFan has an OK reputation so far

I actually like Bogut. He is a PERFECT fit for the Bucks. They are full of three point shooters, and since Bogut is a decent rebound and a prolific passer, he can distribute the ball the the shooter well since he always tires to hit the offensive glass. Also a good pick and roll player.
TheTrueKnicksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Also don't forget that the other mentioned players were given pretty much free reign over their teams. They were used straight away. Bogut doesn't get enough touches on offense at the moment......
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #7
d_downdamnit
Can barely lace up my sneakers

d_downdamnit has an OK reputation so far

Well put. I also think that it's way too early to give up on Bogut. The more confident, aggressive, and tougher he becomes, the better player he will become. He's looked better (quicker) in the last couple of games: LA, GS, and last night against Portland. I don't personally think that he will ever score 20+ on avg. for a season, but Milly doesn't need him to. He should distribute from the post and run pick and rolls. Can anybody think of a better passing center than Bogut now...imagine what he could do next year? Or maybe by the end of this year? Injuries and terrible defense have hampered this team the most, not Bogut.
d_downdamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:43 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

no way... for once i see his talents and you guys wanna trade him away???!!!
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #9
DTribble
I airball my layups

DTribble has decent reputation

I will admit....I'm a little concerned. He hasn't shown the consistent fire that he had last year. Bogut WILL get better, he's adapting to a new role. That being said, and I'll play the Devil's advocate here, what if we went after a high profile center, god forbid we're bad enough to land Oden, and move Bogut back to the 4? With Bogut's +12' shot and passing ability....couldn't, and maybe wouldn't he be better suited there (despite his past?) (Maybe if we had a coach and GM with some cashews) Let's just say that were to all happen. Could we find a suitor for Simmons? Then move CV to the 3? that would be a nice, and BIG 3-5.

Last edited by DTribble : 12-16-2006 at 05:50 PM.
DTribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #10
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Isn't Bogut kind of soft? He's only average 7.7 rebounds? I don't know, there really isn't a cure for softness unless he just is in the learning process and will up his rebounds in the next couple years. Why don't you wait until it's his contract year and trade him if he still is soft? He also might be more physically fit in the next couple years, this could help him out. He weighs 245lbs right now. In two years he could weigh 260lbs and be killing everybody on the block. He has a sweet touch too doesn't he? I wouldn't trade him yet guys. He has enough potential to keep around. Free throw percentages look bad, but better than most centers. Doesn't appear to be a hard hard worker...tell me a little bit more about the negatives and positives of this guy before you just ask a question.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 12-16-2006 at 04:27 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:04 AM   #11
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

maybe they should let him take more shots and get the ball more often...

when dwight howard was taking 8 shots per game he too was averaging about 12 points per game... and if he wasnt at the high post all the time i am sure he would pull down more boards...

i am not 100% sure but i think when Bogut was playing U18 for Australia he averaged 25 pts and 15 brds a game in the World Championships... obviously he can play but this system is not working for him so far!
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #12
pmga
I airball my layups

pmga has an OK reputation so far

The league lacks really good centers. We are lucky that we have a more than a decent one. Anyways I don't predict him to be a superstar. Prolly a above average solid player.
pmga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:34 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

move him down to the PF position and start Skinner at Center... this will hide Bogut's flawls...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:32 AM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kinda soon to be talking about trading Bogut. he has terrible coaching for one and he;s better fit at power forward.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #15
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Bogut is going to be great, but he needs a partner down low.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: