Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default APPARENTLY.....MJ is doing some work

I saw on the little ESPN marquee that scrolls along the bottom of the TV screen that MJ has been talking with the Nuggets about trading for Carmelo Anthony. Right now, I can't find anything else on it, but I did see it....twice....so it exists.

It does provide good discussion. Good idea or bad? If good, who goes? Almost certainly Boris and either Wallace or Jackson, which at this point, I don't care. I was one of those guys who thought GW was the one guy that was untradeable, but now, we need success.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
Talent
High school junior varsity star

Talent has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: APPARENTLY.....MJ is doing some work

I just want to clear this team up. Too many unlikable players clashing with each other. No leader at all in the locker room.
Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

I think that everyone ought to be on the trading block (except T2 and Jack) unless the real answer lies in getting a new coach.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Everyone should be on trading block except for Thomas. Jackson is beginning to get up there in age and his temper is insane. I think its time to start over and use Jackson and/or Wallace to try and get rid of some of these horrific contracts (Diop). Maybe get a couple nice draft picks and build the way Oklahoma City did. Strictly thru the draft.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Everyone should be on trading block except for Thomas. Jackson is beginning to get up there in age and his temper is insane. I think its time to start over and use Jackson and/or Wallace to try and get rid of some of these horrific contracts (Diop). Maybe get a couple nice draft picks and build the way Oklahoma City did. Strictly thru the draft.

I would agree with that except that our drafting track record is abysmal. We seem to have better luck with trades. Look at the Celtics, the only drafted player on their roster is Paul Pierce.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I would agree with that except that our drafting track record is abysmal. We seem to have better luck with trades. Look at the Celtics, the only drafted player on their roster is Paul Pierce.

My thoughts, exactly. Except for the bit about Paul Pierce, which I didn't know. MJ didn't use his own money--lots of his own money--to purchase a pathetic, losing team. And I can't see that he's going to sit on his laurels and watch himself lose money for an entire season. Me-thinks he'll make some changes. Building through draft picks will take too long. Better to use some of our better players packaged with Diop as trade bait, as was earlier suggested.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i know that trading crash may result in us having a better team (well, depending on who we get him for and who we package him with), but i like him too much as a player to want to see him go
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
i know that trading crash may result in us having a better team (well, depending on who we get him for and who we package him with), but i like him too much as a player to want to see him go

no pain, no gain
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno

Both me and my daughter sport #3 jerseys at the games and I can't afford to buy new ones.

I'd hate to see Crash go but something's gotta give.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: