Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-02-2006, 12:10 AM   #1
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default Jeezy Not Mad At Jay-Z's Return

Many Def Jam artists, from LL Cool Jay to Nore have expressed discontent with the re-rise of Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, who recently released his comeback CD Kingdom Come.

Young Jeezy isn't among those nay-sayers.

"Everybody got their lane. This industry is a highway and everybody got their lane and me and Jay ain't in the same lane," Young Jeezy told AllHipHop.com. "I don't feel what he's doing is interfering with what I'm doing. We do two different types of music for two different types of movements. Real n***as are glad he's back."

The Georgia native's sophomore album comes out on December 12, as Jay-Z continues to move major units.

Jay-Z's Kingdom Come sold nearly 700,000 its first week in stores.

LL Cool J, the first artist signed to Def Jam, has been vocal about his disenchantment, to the extent that he would depart his only recording home.

"How am I gonna re-sign with competition? I'm not an idiot," LL Cool J told MTV. "I can't depend on that man (Jay-Z) to promote my record while he's somewhere writing rhymes."

Jay-Z hasn't responded publicly to LL's most recent statement, but Jeezy didn't feel Jay-Z's comeback as a recording artist would interrupt his career.

"He's back for a lot of different reasons," Jeezy said. "As a hustler, I'm not worried about him being back. This is what I do. For a n***a that ain't on his s**t, he might want to be worried."

Jeezy's own album The Inspiration: Thug Motivation 102, is set to be released on December 12 and the rapper maintains that he's been extremely proactive in all facets of production.

"As far as my project, I'm hands on with everything. Ain't nothing about to happen with my project that I ain't got to do with," he said. "I got good relationships [with Def Jam].

http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6453
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

LL is a punk ass....

He's complaining like he was gonna move units either way... The dude aint selling like he used to Jay or no Jay.

Man up LL, you Bum!
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
King_CB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

King_CB has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
LL is a punk ass....

He's complaining like he was gonna move units either way... The dude aint selling like he used to Jay or no Jay.

Man up LL, you Bum!

Yea I agree I used to be a big LL fan and I know he use to do 1 or 2 tracks per album dedicated to the chicks (which rapper doesn't) but then as the years progressed he got softer and softer then I thought he was doing RnB. Now he's on 50's d*ck and trying to beef with Jay. We'll see if controversy sells in this case.

Jeezy doens't have to worry about Jay....two different styles. If Jeezy had to compete with a 'Reasonable Doubt' Jay then he should be worried. Jay's on some grown man tip.....thats a good thing for HipHop
King_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Yea I agree I used to be a big LL fan and I know he use to do 1 or 2 tracks per album dedicated to the chicks (which rapper doesn't) but then as the years progressed he got softer and softer then I thought he was doing RnB. Now he's on 50's d*ck and trying to beef with Jay. We'll see if controversy sells in this case.

back in the day when he did 'Jack the ripper' and 'to the break of dawn' LL was the top battle MC IMO.. He was straight murderous....

but like you said, he got softer and softer till heads wasnt looking out for the new Cool J album any more

now he wanna be down with 50? :confused:

I mean, Im confused.... He says he cant work for Jay while he is somewhere writing rhymes....But last time I checked, 50 is an MC too. he is likely to be doing the same thing jigga is doing..writing rhymes and not promoting his other talent.....Mobb Deep and the other projects havent done so well on 50's watch....

me personally, I'd stick with Def jam

I think LL career is on life support and he is looking for a spark...or maybe he justs wants def jam to pay him more.... for what, I dont know... he hasnt had a hit in a while

Quote:
Jeezy doens't have to worry about Jay....two different styles. If Jeezy had to compete with a 'Reasonable Doubt' Jay then he should be worried. Jay's on some grown man tip.....thats a good thing for HipHop

I agree on this too...I think Jay Z's grown man approach may carve a new niche into hip hop...

hopefully it will
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: