Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here
Default Nation-state draft 2?

Anyone interested and any input on changes in criteria?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nation-state draft 2?

So... we're basically drafting the most powerful countries historically?
magnax1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #3
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Draft selection is too small. Waste of time.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:22 AM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Come on Vapid.. start a comic book draft..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #5
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

blondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this board

what we should do is take the nation states drafted previously and pit them against eachother in allout warfare, and we somehow decide who will come out on top
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie
what we should do is take the nation states drafted previously and pit them against eachother in allout warfare, and we somehow decide who will come out on top

OK blondie... you've had your fair share of positive comments on the pete thread... so just cool off now, OK? No need to start taking part in normal threads as if your opinion matters... cause ... it doesn't.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #7
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd be down.

Also, I was thinking about a slightly different draft, something like "draft 10 current persons that you'd send as a delegation of the Earth to an interplanetar assembly", if that has any sense at all - I've been watching too much Star Wars lately
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I'd be down.

Also, I was thinking about a slightly different draft, something like "draft 10 current persons that you'd send as a delegation of the Earth to an interplanetar assembly", if that has any sense at all - I've been watching too much Star Wars lately
that could actually turn out to be pretty bad ass.. particularly if people were too go off the grid and select some eccentric types..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

blondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
OK blondie... you've had your fair share of positive comments on the pete thread... so just cool off now, OK? No need to start taking part in normal threads as if your opinion matters... cause ... it doesn't.
relax baldy. My nation I drafted was epic last time, it had Alexander the Great, Hitler and Mohammad with Niccolo Machiavelli as the political advisor and head of international relations. Im pretty sure my guys would be equipped to conquer the vapid-world
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie
relax baldy. My nation I drafted was epic last time, it had Alexander the Great, Hitler and Mohammad with Niccolo Machiavelli as the political advisor and head of international relations. Im pretty sure my guys would be equipped to conquer the vapid-world

'relax baldy' ...

... shows how immature you are. I gave you a compliment. You should be appreciative and keep quiet.

Instead ... you talk shit. Was I wrong in thinking you stepped your 'posting game up' ... I'm starting to take that statement back.

Some kids... you give them an ounce of praise and they think it's a barrel.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i could get behind this.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'd be down.

I like this idea. I'd be down.

I'd also like to do a nation-state draft, though I'm somewhat apprehensive, I don't have a terribly large knowledge of historical figures, at least compared to some other posters here.

Edit: I also know MasterDurant wanted to do another NBA draft. If others want to do that then I'll set it up and shit.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #13
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I'd be down.

My thoughts on the delegation:

Pros: we can maybe also choose a certain item, resource, art to also draft to bring.

Cons: biased against military minded individuals, takes away the aspect of competing against your other managers since you wont worry about having to defend against them, no geographical areas to draft.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #14
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd be interested in doing a nation state 2 draft
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #15
vapid
Paranoid Android

Any more thoughts on Jasi's idea?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: