Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I'm not sure "Globabl Warming" is the right term for what we're experiencing, but:

50 degrees right now in Boston, 12 days from Christmas. Two days ago it was 15. I think what we're seeing is the weather growing more inconsistent over time, not always hotter, just wilder.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm not sure "Globabl Warming" is the right term for what we're experiencing, but:

So you are telling me that Boston is warmer than Atlanta right now? Wow
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm not sure "Globabl Warming" is the right term for what we're experiencing, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
So you are telling me that Boston is warmer than Atlanta right now? Wow

Woke up this morning in Charlotte to 24 degrees and light snow.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tom Friedman calls it "global weirding."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

weather has always been weird, its just that there is more technology to document it now.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
knobs
Decent playground baller

knobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected poster

northern europe's had a really early freeze this year. weird is right. though the average global temperatures between february and october of 2010 (or something like that) was warmer than its been in the last 150 years, so the global average remains consistent. i think.

i can't and don't claim to understand global climate models in any significant way, but i am smart enough to be reasonably certain in distinguishing moronic tall tales from fact backed theory, and it tickles (and simultaneously frustrates) my fancy to no end listening to the padded rhetoric that plagues partisan politics in the form of speeches, blogs, columns/articles, and the like. the fact that an issue like climate change, all important and all too frequently discussed, has taken such a nosedive in intelligent discourse, solely because of its illogical partisan division, really is one of the biggest headaches western politics have ever managed. it's just f*cked up to no end.

(no reference to anybody in this thread btw, just a general comment. though obviously there are ish personalities to which most of that would undoubtedly apply)

Last edited by knobs : 12-13-2010 at 12:34 PM.
knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
indiefan24
Banned

indiefan24 is considered somewhat coolindiefan24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
50 degrees right now in Boston, 12 days from Christmas. Two days ago it was 15. I think what we're seeing is the weather growing more inconsistent over time, not always hotter, just wilder.

Unfortunately, it's going back down tonight....grrr
indiefan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Be glad you're not in Cleveland right now, that's all I'm saying.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Yea in Maine just a couple of days ago it was freezing cold nd had a few inches of snow on the ground, today it was 55 degrees and raining with all the snow melted.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

High of 82 here in LA
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
weather has always been weird, its just that there is more technology to document it now.
as usual, this cat is the biggest fool on the site. As for the term "global warming", like all mediazations of actual science, its a misnomer. That is why there is a push to call it global climate change instead. Some places will get more rain, some less, etc. The point is that our burning of fossil fuels has fundamentally shifted both the atmospheric composition and the global carbon cycle. This will impact the "weather" in both predictable (usually on a global, long term scale - i.e. global warming refers to the general longitudinal trend of the entire earth) and unpredictable (local weather patterns, day to day and year to year patterns, etc) ways. People who deny the anthropogenic impact on the atmosphere are either straight morons (who usually dont know the first thing about the actual data, just dismiss it), deniers (usually because its tooooo scary to think about), or are profiting massively from our continued dependence on the burning of carbon sinks like oil and gas.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

24 degrees and it was snowing a lil here in germany..
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm not sure "Globabl Warming" is the right term for what we're experiencing, but

I was under the impression that the accepted term was Global Climate Change

For instance, the global governing body on dealing with the effects of increased carbon is the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Meh. I would stop complaining and start learning how to survive by now.

Even it is really a global warming, you cannot do anything about it right now.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #15
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
as usual, this cat is the biggest fool on the site. As for the term "global warming", like all mediazations of actual science, its a misnomer. That is why there is a push to call it global climate change instead. Some places will get more rain, some less, etc. The point is that our burning of fossil fuels has fundamentally shifted both the atmospheric composition and the global carbon cycle. This will impact the "weather" in both predictable (usually on a global, long term scale - i.e. global warming refers to the general longitudinal trend of the entire earth) and unpredictable (local weather patterns, day to day and year to year patterns, etc) ways. People who deny the anthropogenic impact on the atmosphere are either straight morons (who usually dont know the first thing about the actual data, just dismiss it), deniers (usually because its tooooo scary to think about), or are profiting massively from our continued dependence on the burning of carbon sinks like oil and gas.

Good post.

Animals have also been going extinct at rates higher than most documented mass extinctions that have had to do with large meteorite impacts, epic volcanic eruptions (or both in one), gradual ice ages, and any other global life killing phenomena.

This is due to us, humanity, not natural climate shifting (which is what energy companies and republicans try and pretend). It's still baffling to me that there are still people out there who deny our negative impact on the planet. We're agruably worse than global disasters, because we constantly destroy and manipulate the environment (and animals) to our will with no reprieve whatsoever. I honestly think we're screwed, but I'll be dead long before we get to that point of no return where humanity realizes it's doomed itself by overharvesting and overpopulating the planet.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: