Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-14-2010, 01:14 AM   #31
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cliff Lee is a PHILLIE

I mean every night against them is gonna be against an ace. This is just crazy.

I was STOKED about Oakland's rotation. I thought we had a top notch staff. We traded Vin Mazzaro (a mistake imo) and did other things to get some run support for these guys and I was so excited because of the prospect of our rotation just getting even more beasty.

And then Philly does something like this, puts our aspirations to shame. Must be fun to be a Phillies fan right now. The gap is so wide right now.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #32
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I mean every night against them is gonna be against an ace. This is just crazy.

I was STOKED about Oakland's rotation. I thought we had a top notch staff. We traded Vin Mazzaro (a mistake imo) and did other things to get some run support for these guys and I was so excited because of the prospect of our rotation just getting even more beasty.

And then Philly does something like this, puts our aspirations to shame. Must be fun to be a Phillies fan right now. The gap is so wide right now.

As an A's fan I just shrug. That is a helluva stacked team and rotation. They have to be the favorite to win it all next year.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #33
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
As an A's fan I just shrug. That is a helluva stacked team and rotation. They have to be the favorite to win it all next year.
unless someone starts a lh starter against them... In which case they wont score either.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #34
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #35
indiefan24
Banned

indiefan24 is considered somewhat coolindiefan24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
We'll bring back Pettitte.

So he's more likely to come back now without Lee there?

Quote:
If AJ can get his mind straight, he will obviously be better than he was this year.

I guess you can't get much worse than 15 losses and a 5.26 ERA.

Quote:
The rest of the team is solid.

...and older

Quote:
Lee would have been nice, but he is obviously scared of NY.

Yeah u mad
indiefan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #36
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Whoa. Best rotation of all time.

Lucky this isn't bball....otherwise Philly fans would have to brace themselves for millions of bandwagonners.........baseball doesn't lend itself to that element as much.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #37
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So I really wasnt having nightmares yesterday? This is really real?
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #38
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will never see a championship in my lifetime.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #39
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lol @ Lee is scared of NY. Someone is awfully bitter.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #40
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Whoa. Best rotation of all time.

Lucky this isn't bball....otherwise Philly fans would have to brace themselves for millions of bandwagonners.........baseball doesn't lend itself to that element as much.

I went to a Reds vs. Phillies game last year there in Philly.

They have plenty of bandwagoners (no offense to the good Philly sports fans that post on here, but it's kinda true).

I remember highlights from Philles games back in the day when noone was in the stands, but then again the Vet was a complete shithole.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #41
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great news for Boston fans this morning..Lee not going to NY has made our off season that much better.

Sox/Phillies WS anyone?

Lester,Bucholz,Beckett

Halladay,Lee,Oswalt

talk about great pitching.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #42
indiefan24
Banned

indiefan24 is considered somewhat coolindiefan24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Great news for Boston fans this morning..Lee not going to NY has made our off season that much better.

Sox/Phillies WS anyone?

Lester,Bucholz,Beckett

Halladay,Lee,Oswalt

talk about great pitching.

Lets hope he bounces back
indiefan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #43
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
As a Braves fan I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight Son of a *****. I used to actually kind of lie the Phillies. Now I hate them as much as I hate any team in baseball. Looks like only way we'll get back into the playoffs next year or any other time in the next 5-10 years is if we win the wildcard. Looks like Philly has become the NL version of the Yankees/Red Sox.

Look at this team on paper...

Starting Pitching
Halladay
Lee
Oswalt
Hamels

Hitters
Howard
Utley
Rollins
Victorino
Polanco
Victorino
Ibanez
Francisco
Ruiz

I mean, I know games aren't played on paper, but on paper that's one of the most stacked teams of all-time. This came out of nowhere too. I hadn't heard a thing about Philly being a possible candidate for landing Lee.

Don't worry dude. They've spent millions on pitching, while their hitters get older. They won't be able to afford any good hitters in a couple of years. They couldn't pay Werth and he was crucial to that offense.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #44
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Don't worry dude. They've spent millions on pitching, while their hitters get older. They won't be able to afford any good hitters in a couple of years. They couldn't pay Werth and he was crucial to that offense.

I just hope a few injuries happen to that pitching staff.

Well... looks like the Rangers can throw $150 million to somebody else, my hopes of them returning to the World Series might have to wait another year.

Not sure what kind of trades they can make, but they'll have to be in the hunt before they pull the trigger on anything big.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #45
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiefan24
So he's more likely to come back now without Lee there?
Yes

Quote:
I guess you can't get much worse than 15 losses and a 5.26 ERA.
I really hope not.

Quote:
...and older
Teixeira, Cano, Granderson, Swisher, and Gardner are not old. On top of that we are bringing up Jesus Montero. Arod is 35, but is still good for 30 homers and 100 rbi. The only old pieces that I am worried about are Jeter and Posada.

Quote:
Yeah u mad

Not mad. Disappointed.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: