Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #31
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 has decent reputationPenny37 has decent reputation
Default Re: First Patient to Be Cure of HIV!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Religion was used to explain the understandable but now we have science which has debunked religion/Christianity in every aspect.
Please enlighten us.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #32
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
how can you believe in a religion that was created by a man that was less educated then us?

Who is this 'a man' you speak of? Please enlighten me. What you fail to see is that not every single thing in the Bible is to be taken verbatim. All scripture is God breathed. This is were everyone gets hung up.

God didn't toss a science text book at Moses and passed down to Abraham. God implemented His Word in laymen's terms so the masses could comprehend throughout the ages.

Wake the F up people. Stop making excuses. We are playing the 'man made God' card. Do you think that sheet is going to fly when it's judgment time? In your heart of hearts... we all ponder the question ' what if ... ' yep... but instead of taking that seriously we fall into the trap of God is garbage. Keep letting Satan control you. You are a mere pawn in the chess game, and Satan is winning big time. Why can't God just save you? Well, simply because YOU HAVE THE CHOICE AND FREE WILL to believe in HIM, but you reject him.

That's YOUR choice. There's no defense when time is up. Come on guys. God loved us FIRST.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #33
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
and like clockwork your dumb ass that doesn't know what the F you are talking about slithers out from under a rock to spout bullshit

I don't agree with the statement either... but there's something to it. Male plus male (butt sex) is a much higher probability of contracting the virus. In the developed world, most new cases of HIV are male + male sex. I also believe the sick minded behind closed doors peoples implemented HIV/AIDS into the population otherwise it would have existed for years in past.

Suddenly around 1980 in NYC and LA cases break out... then spread thereafter. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put the puzzle pieces together. Now, we have 13 year olds in Africa contracting the disease b/c the men behind the curtsin in the Western world felt the need to eradicate the homos.

Sick shit.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #34
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
how can you believe in a religion that was created by a man that was less educated then us? What makes jesus, muhammed any different from you and me? Nothing! Religion was used to explain the understandable but now we have science which has debunked religion/Christianity in every aspect.

Because technology and intelligence is not exempt from history, which is always repeating itself.

Wisdom>Intelligence
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #35
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh

Sick shit.

Cursing is a sin. You must repent
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #36
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
Cursing is a sin. You must repent

Spare me. I like how you are 'Godly' ... never lose that mindset playa, but posting wise, you are truly pathetic. You just... suck. No doubt. Goes without saying. Yeah, you young, I get that, but you just annoying and lack anything of worthwhile here. You only standout b/c you post night and day and scream me me me.

You're not that great... sorry.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #37
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Who is this 'a man' you speak of? Please enlighten me. What you fail to see is that not every single thing in the Bible is to be taken verbatim. All scripture is God breathed. This is were everyone gets hung up.

God didn't toss a science text book at Moses and passed down to Abraham. God implemented His Word in laymen's terms so the masses could comprehend throughout the ages.

Wake the F up people. Stop making excuses. We are playing the 'man made God' card. Do you think that sheet is going to fly when it's judgment time? In your heart of hearts... we all ponder the question ' what if ... ' yep... but instead of taking that seriously we fall into the trap of God is garbage. Keep letting Satan control you. You are a mere pawn in the chess game, and Satan is winning big time. Why can't God just save you? Well, simply because YOU HAVE THE CHOICE AND FREE WILL to believe in HIM, but you reject him.

That's YOUR choice. There's no defense when time is up. Come on guys. God loved us FIRST.

The bolded is where religion loses me. So I could be the Mother Teresa of non-believers but when I die God will go down the check list:

Charitable - Check
Loving - Check
Kind - Check
Respectful - Check
Believer - Nope

Have fun in hell!
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #38
Premeditated
Banned

Premeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

lol @ this chump derailing my thread with this trash.

fine, the next time another one of your sister catches the monsters, go ahead and pray all you want, while logical patients will go out and get medicines to actually treat themselves.
no matter how you try to twist this; science created this cure, not Jesus nor God. let it marinate for a minute for you.
oh, i know what you're going to say; "God created those organic plants and ingredients in order for mankind to create this cure. Beside, the people with HIV, deserve to have it because they were participating in the very sins that give them this disease. Which is why The All Mighty one doesn't want to redeemed them. "
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #39
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

isn't the existence of free will a contested point in christianity? Did Judas have the free will to NOT betray Jesus? Judas' betrayal of Jesus was a necessary event for the redemption of humans and Jesus knew he was going to die for our sins, knowing Judas' betrayal beforehand, so did Judas have free will? if he didn't, do any of us really do?
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #40
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"Free will" in the context of an all-powerful, all-knowing God is a bit of a logical fallacy anyway. In that context, God is the grand architect of every aspect of our minds, every nuance and subtlety, so from before the moment you were conceived He knew your every thought, reaction, conclusion, decision, propensity, etc. given every possible stimuli, external and internal.

So before you were even born, He knew exactly what you were going to think about everything your entire life, given that He created your brain and is omnipotent. He's responsible for believers and non-believers, yet the latter he's going to send to eternal damnation.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #41
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
"Free will" in the context of an all-powerful, all-knowing God is a bit of a logical fallacy anyway. In that context, God is the grand architect of every aspect of our minds, every nuance and subtlety, so from before the moment you were conceived He knew your every thought, reaction, conclusion, decision, propensity, etc. given every possible stimuli, external and internal.

So before you were even born, He knew exactly what you were going to think about everything your entire life, given that He created your brain and is omnipotent. He's responsible for believers and non-believers, yet the latter he's going to send to eternal damnation.

This was the second question that really did it for me. 'If God is omniscient then what is free-will but an illusion to make myself feel free?' My first question about criticizing my own religion was 'What if i was born in a non-christian household? Will i then be condemned to hell simply because of some geographical mishap?' Nobody in our catholic school had a good answer for both.

I was in grade school and at this time I was a very devout catholic. Imagine a child thinking too much into this things and no one having any good answers to these questions. Let me tell you it was pretty scary. I was seriously doubting the validity of my religion. And at this time i believed in satan and that he is always trying to provoke us into doing bad things and thinking dreadful thoughts. So for fear of hell, my answer was God was testing my faith and he has a plan for us. And since God, from what I learned was an an omnibenevolent God then this plan is good and is for my own good. He just happened to know what i would do in this plan beforehand.
My brain wont allow me to accept such an answer however.

Last edited by vinsane01 : 12-15-2010 at 12:30 AM.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #42
Penny37
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
The bolded is where religion loses me. So I could be the Mother Teresa of non-believers but when I die God will go down the check list:

Charitable - Check
Loving - Check
Kind - Check
Respectful - Check
Believer - Nope

Have fun in hell!
Charitable, loving, kind, respectful, according to who's scale?
God is perfect. He's more perfect and more loving than you can imagine. That's our biggest problem believe it or not.

If Hitler does wrong we should punish him right? And Stalin and Mussolini, etc. etc. What a bout a rapist? Murderer? All should be punished right? Now what about you? All your evil thoughts, your evil deeds. All the lies you've told and the things you thought inside but wouldn't reveal even to your closest friends. Should you not be punished for your deeds? God looks down at us and sees a world full of evil people who lies, cheat, and steal. If He is a just God who punishes evil then what does He do to us?

Christianity teaches that God loved us so much that He sent his Son Jesus to die and bear our punishment on our behalf. He took all our sins when he died on that cross and all we have to do is believe it and be thankful for it. That's it.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Old 12-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #43
Penny37
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
'What if i was born in a non-christian household? Will i then be condemned to hell simply because of some geographical mishap?' Nobody in our catholic school had a good answer for both.
God is a JUST God. He is fair. I don't know what happens to the people who have never heard of Jesus before but IMO they go to Hell.

We have this conception in our minds that we "deserve" heaven and that it should be fair and given to all. But heaven's not like that. We all deserve to go to Hell and God is trying to save us.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #44
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

Foreknowledge does not equal predestination. When Christians talk about free will, it regards salvation. You're interpreting it as extreme side of God's sovereignty while some take that free will means God has no control. Biblically both statements are void.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #45
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Charitable - Check
Loving - Check
Kind - Check
Respectful - Check
Believer - Nope

Have fun in hell!

You seem like a nice cool guy JB... why are you mentioning 'check list' here? I'm sure God has things in order of fairness and justice. In the back of our minds we make excuses. You know this I'm sure. I've been down that road, more than once. It leads nowhere. When I finally man'd up and gave myself to God is when I finally realized what life is all about.

Yeah yeah yeah fairy tale BS gibberish... but I'm seeing things on a different plateau now... a HIGHER ]one. Something is out there amongst us... believe what you will but hardy har har if you think it's all just man made fear mongering to keep us oppressed.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: