Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,365
Default Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Kobe is rounding into shape and is on pace to win the coveted PER title. His team will likely finish in 1st in the western conference and he may win the scoring title. Do you think Kobe gets his second MVP this season?
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste
 
creepingdeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Berlin
Posts: 4,045
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

As soon as his minutes go up, his PER will go down. Yes, Kobe has a shot at winning his second MVP, but personally, I don't believe he will. If I had to bet, I would put my money on Howard.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
necya
Local High School Star
 
necya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,430
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Kobe is rounding into shape and is on pace to win the coveted PER title. His team will likely finish in 1st in the western conference and he may win the scoring title. Do you think Kobe gets his second MVP this season?

not at all. he had solid games recently, but no incredible games against great teams.
in fact, when you look at the schedule, there are not many very good teams. that's why there are many long winning streak.
necya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
game3524
National High School Star
 
game3524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,414
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
As soon as his minutes go up, his PER will go down. Yes, Kobe has a shot at winning his second MVP, but personally, I don't believe he will. If I had to bet, I would put my money on Howard.

I am not too sure about that, with the way Brown is playing I don't see Kobe's minutes going up at all. If the Lakers win the number one seed out west, and he keeps up this level of production he will be the 2011 MVP.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
StacksOnDeck
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by game3524
I am not too sure about that, with the way Brown is playing I don't see Kobe's minutes going up at all. If the Lakers win the number one seed out west, and he keeps up this level of production he will be the 2011 MVP.

Agreed. His only competiton for MVP is Dirk, Durant, Dwight and Rose. I think the Bulls and Mavs are gonna fall off a bit. Kobe vs Dwight imo. It's still too early to tell. Nobody in Miami or San Antonio is getting it for sure.
StacksOnDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
ginobli2311
NBA rookie of the year
 
ginobli2311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,466
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by game3524
I am not too sure about that, with the way Brown is playing I don't see Kobe's minutes going up at all. If the Lakers win the number one seed out west, and he keeps up this level of production he will be the 2011 MVP.

he'll be right there, but it will depend on what the mavs/thunder/knicks/jazz do as well.

if the mavs win 62 games and get the 2nd seed and dirk puts up similar numbers....he will be more deserving than kobe at this current numbers if the lakers win 64 games for example.

so kobe not only has to keep playing great like he is, but he also has to get the league's best record or at least the west's best record because his team is so great around him. its pretty much impossible to give kobe the mvp of the league if they don't have the best record in the west. that just wouldn't make sense.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
StillKill24
Banned
 
StillKill24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 585
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

negged. that's lebron's title.

Last edited by StillKill24 : 12-16-2010 at 11:36 AM.
StillKill24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
StacksOnDeck
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
he'll be right there, but it will depend on what the mavs/thunder/knicks/jazz do as well.

if the mavs win 62 games and get the 2nd seed and dirk puts up similar numbers....he will be more deserving than kobe at this current numbers if the lakers win 64 games for example.

so kobe not only has to keep playing great like he is, but he also has to get the league's best record or at least the west's best record because his team is so great around him. its pretty much impossible to give kobe the mvp of the league if they don't have the best record in the west. that just wouldn't make sense.

Ugh @ another MVP for Dirk and losing in the first round again. Especially if they're 3rd and face Denver.
StacksOnDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
ginobli2311
NBA rookie of the year
 
ginobli2311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,466
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
Agreed. His only competiton for MVP is Dirk, Durant, Dwight and Rose. I think the Bulls and Mavs are gonna fall off a bit. Kobe vs Dwight imo. It's still too early to tell. Nobody in Miami or San Antonio is getting it for sure.

don't be so quick to say that about heat and miami. especially the spurs.

manu is right there in mvp talks right now and its only going to get better if they keep winning and after manu's game winner last night.

people that vote on mvp factor in defense as well, and manu's defense so far this season has been fantastic and far better than kobe's. if the spurs have the best record and manu keeps up elite defense with close to 20/5/5 on high efficiency he should be right there for mvp.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
game3524
National High School Star
 
game3524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,414
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
he'll be right there, but it will depend on what the mavs/thunder/knicks/jazz do as well.

if the mavs win 62 games and get the 2nd seed and dirk puts up similar numbers....he will be more deserving than kobe at this current numbers if the lakers win 64 games for example.

so kobe not only has to keep playing great like he is, but he also has to get the league's best record or at least the west's best record because his team is so great around him. its pretty much impossible to give kobe the mvp of the league if they don't have the best record in the west. that just wouldn't make sense.

The only really threat to Bryant IMO for this award in the long run is Amare, because if the Knicks win 50 games then he will win the award just because of how great of a story it is.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #11
Fatal9
owwwww
 
Fatal9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,248
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Real titles > PER titles
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
theoneneo
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
don't be so quick to say that about heat and miami. especially the spurs.

manu is right there in mvp talks right now and its only going to get better if they keep winning and after manu's game winner last night.

people that vote on mvp factor in defense as well, and manu's defense so far this season has been fantastic and far better than kobe's. if the spurs have the best record and manu keeps up elite defense with close to 20/5/5 on high efficiency he should be right there for mvp.
The reason I think nobody from the heat will get it is because the media still hasn't forgiven lebron if anything Wade has a shot, Manu aint winning it tho, even tho he one of my favorite players....Its Kobe or Howard
theoneneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

LOL Manu has no shot in the MVP vote.

It'll be Kobe, Howard, Amare, Dirk, and someone else by the end of the season barring any major injury in no order.

Kobe won't win the PER title either...

Last edited by KenneBell : 12-16-2010 at 11:46 AM.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
game3524
National High School Star
 
game3524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,414
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
don't be so quick to say that about heat and miami. especially the spurs.

manu is right there in mvp talks right now and its only going to get better if they keep winning and after manu's game winner last night.

people that vote on mvp factor in defense as well, and manu's defense so far this season has been fantastic and far better than kobe's. if the spurs have the best record and manu keeps up elite defense with close to 20/5/5 on high efficiency he should be right there for mvp.

I doubt voters put that much stock into defense like we do, I mean Nash won the damn thing twice.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #15
OmniStrife
College superstar
 
OmniStrife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 4,620
Default Re: Kobe on Pace to win PER title

Lemme tell you a secret bros... There's no such thing as a PER title.
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy