Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Where would you rank Bernard Hopkins if he beats Jean Pascal on December 18?

He's going to be the oldest champion in boxing history. If he beats a much younger Jean Pascal. I am going to rank him as a top 20- 25 boxers of all time. He's going to be rank higher after he retires in the near future.

His best win is againts a Prime Felix "Tito" Trinidad. If he beats Jean Pascal that's going to be his most impressive win in his boxing career.

Beat a couple of future hall of famers: Winky Wright, Oscar De La Hoya, Antonio Tarver, Tito Trinidad, past his prime Roy Jones Jr, Kelly Pavlik, Glen Johnson.

Beat former World Champion: Robert Allen, Carl Daniels, Keith Holmes, John David Jackson, Simon Brown, and William Joppy.

His losses are againts: Prime Roy Jones, Undefeated Joe Cazalghe, Kelly Pavlik, and Jermaine Taylor ( All of them are future hall of famers)

I think he's the 3rd greatest Middleweight Champion of all time after Marvin Hagler and Carlos Monzon.

20 title defenses in the Middleweight Division.

2001 Ring Magazine fighter of the Year

2005 Ring Magazine pound for pound King

He's a former WBA, IBF, WBC, WBO, Ring Magazine, and Undisputed Middleweight Champion of the World.

Former Ring Light Heavyweight Champion

Boxing Record:

51 wins, 5 losses, 32 KO's, 1 draw, 1 NC

Last edited by Lebron23 : 12-15-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Where would you rank Bernard Hopkins if he beats Jean Pascal on December 18?

I don't think Jermain Taylor will go to the HOF. And I think B-Hop won the first fight.

I think he is top 3, if not, then top 5...like you said, I'm not sure you could clearly put anyone above B-Hop besides Monzon and Hagler just cuz he's been around for so damn long...he also has a great boxing personality...a lot of his crazy, late resurgence was done above middle...

What I really want to see is a rematch with Glen Johnson. I also want him to fight some of the super middle weights like Froch, Kessler, etc. I don't think he wants to cut that weight anymore though.

I really thought Dawson was going to beat Pascal's ass.

Rumor has it that B-Hop was ducking Dawson, but I don't think so.

Last edited by lefthook00 : 12-15-2010 at 07:23 PM.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #3
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where would you rank Bernard Hopkins if he beats Jean Pascal on December 18?

He was robbed in the Pascal Fight. Bernard Hopkins should be rank higher than his rival Roy Jones Jr. in the All time List. I am a huge fan of RJJ, but he should have fought former Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion Dariusz Michalczewski in the late 1990's, and should have given Hopkins a Rematch.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
sosolid4u09
Great young streetballer

sosolid4u09 has no real reputation yet.

clear robbery. apart from the 2KD rounds, and maybe one other i cannot see how pascal could have won any more rounds!

i had it 115-111 Hopkins.
sosolid4u09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: