Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Frye or Lee?

frye is a better scorer then lee but personally i would choose lee. i love his game. he plays very unselfishly he's a better passer, rebounder, defender and he plays with more savyness. also lee shows flashes that he can become a better scorer. the problem with frye is that if he's not scoring he's useless because he's not a good rebounder and he cant play defense. all im sayin fyre is a good player but if u had to keep one i would take lee.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

i would choose David Lee, Works Harder, Better rebounder and finishes by the hoop better.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Supafly79 has an OK reputation so far

I think Lee is the better all around player. He is a monster on the boards. His defense is way better than Frye's. Lee is much more athletic and has a good basketball IQ. To me, he is just a better compliment to Curry and makes Curry better. If Isiah can package Frye and one of our veteran guards preferably Francis or Marbury for an expiring contract and a first rounder in the draft that would be great. Maybe we can get Eddie Jones and Memphis' first round pick which should be a lottery pick. Just imagine if we won the lottery with their pick and get Greg Oden. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

PG Marbury/Francis
SG QRich
SF Jeffries
PF Oden
C Curry
Supafly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

u make a good point lee does compliment curry better. all lee have to do is get a jump shot and he will be really good. i will be very disapointed if the knicks ever get rid of him.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Lee. He is the better rebounder, and is more consistent. Frye has to come back from his injury, and step up his game.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Lee, good hustle player and a good rebounder (a better offensive rebounder then defensive rebounder IMO), but I think he's better suited coming off the bench. If and/or when, Jeffries comes back and Frye is healthy, I fully expect Lee to come off the bench, because having Jeffries and Lee out there simultaneously would be redundant. Both players are a liability on offense and they have similar skills - hustle, rebound, and easy buckets. And with Frye starting, and if he gets his jumpshot back, it would make our offense pretty damm good.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #7
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far

i take lee.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #8
son_of_van_gundy
I airball my layups

son_of_van_gundy has an OK reputation so far

Lee is incredible. Isiah will be making another dumb move if he benches Lee for Frye or Jeffries when he comes back from injury. At the very least let Jared prove he deserves to start and give Lee the chance to prove why he should be the starter. If Isiah pisses Lee, the Knicks stand to lose one of probably 2 (Balkman being the other) Knicks players who don't care about stats.
son_of_van_gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #9
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

Personally I like both of them, Frye has the potential to be a real good low post threat, and when his post up skills are polished enough, the Curry / Frye inside attack could be lethal.

I like Lee's energy off the bench, his hard work and hustle off the bench really gives the team a much needed energy boost, plus his scoring is improving nicely.

Plus you can play Lee at the 3 and Frye at the 4 in certain situations, throw in Balkman and Jeffries and we have a tough front line that will keep us competitive for seasons to come.

Hopefully we don't trade any of our younger front court players, I'd like to see them pan out for us, and not for anybody else !
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:54 PM   #10
blakdes
I airball my layups

blakdes has an OK reputation so far

Lee Hands down. Look at the stats!
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:08 AM   #11
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Why did Zeke start JJ over Lee? That's crazy!! Lee did nothing but play domintantly!!
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:38 AM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Neither, they should play together on the second team. They play very well together and a second team with Balkman and Nate is the best young group in the league.

Jefferies is more experienced and a better player right now. He made that Wizard team jell. He also offsets Curry's weakness at certain things.

My honest opinion is that he should be the 3 and Lee should start at the 4 with Q at the 2.

The second team should be Nate PG, Crawford SG, Balkman SF, Rose PF, Frye C.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #13
blakdes
I airball my layups

blakdes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Neither, they should play together on the second team. They play very well together and a second team with Balkman and Nate is the best young group in the league.

Jefferies is more experienced and a better player right now. He made that Wizard team jell. He also offsets Curry's weakness at certain things.

My honest opinion is that he should be the 3 and Lee should start at the 4 with Q at the 2.

The second team should be Nate PG, Crawford SG, Balkman SF, Rose PF, Frye C.

Niiice suggestion.
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: