Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #31
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top-10 Greatest Rappers in Hip-Hop history.

No order:

Nas
Q-Tip
Biggie
Andre 3000
Tupac
Black Thought
Chuck D
Phonte
Eminem
Snoop

This would change weekly tho.

And this is obviously personal favorites. I just don't see much of a point about splitting hairs in a subjective conversation like who's the "greatest" artists. The conversation has such an undefined and variable set of determinants that it all pretty much winds down to personal preferences anyway.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #32
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I understand the basis of this thread, I was merely stating who my favorites are, not the GOATS of all things considered. Impact is certainly key and Pac had some of the greatest impact of anyone to get on a microphone. I don't feel his bars are the most creative though

Pac bars werent creative(A-B,A-A-B), but they were clearly thought out and phrase in cohesive manner. When he rapped, you knew exactly what he was talking about and he could make you feel whatever emotions the song was supposed to convey.

I value that more than rappers who try have an insane amount of multi's and you have listen to the song over and over or google the lyrics to realize what the hell they are talking about.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #33
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Nah not really. Just because he's been mainstream for years, dude has some very creative and introspective work.

I just never cared for his music, except oddly enough Big Pimpin'. If I saw that UFC 124 commercial more, then I might have liked Run This Town, too.

As for LL, I can't but think of when Canibus hit him with:

You walk around showin' off your body 'cause it sells
Plus to avoid the fact that you ain't got skills
Mad at me 'cause I kick that shit real n****z feel
While 99 percent of your fans wear high heels
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #34
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

1. Lil B Based God
2. Based God
3. Lil Based God
4. Based Jesus
5. Lil Based Cooking
6. Based John Stockton
7. Based Father
8. Lil Based
9. Obama Based God
10. Based Devil
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #35
dyna
National High School Star

dyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this board

1. 2 Pac
2. Eminem
3. Nas
4. Big Pun
5. B.I.G
6. Rakim
7. Andre 3000
8. Canibus
9. Lupe
10. Dre

Last edited by dyna : 12-16-2010 at 10:42 PM.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #36
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

But on a more serious note:

1. Eminem
2. Dre
3. Tupac
4. Biggie
5. Ye
6. Rakim
7. Lupe
8. De La Rocha (Yes I consider him a rapper)
9. Wheezy
10. Drake
Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #37
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
But on a more serious note:

1. Eminem
2. Dre
3. Tupac
4. Biggie
5. Ye
6. Rakim
7. Lupe
8. De La Rocha (Yes I consider him a rapper)
9. Wheezy
10. Drake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKSeyYFGRo
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #38
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk

I know I know. He has his moments. His mixtapes are killer though
Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #39
Premeditated
Banned

Premeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this board

if we're judging solely on Lyric, charisma, delivery, popularity, hooks, and originality, then alot of rappers that I've seen you guys top 10 doesn't cut because that's what you need to cut it. I see n1ggas with Big L, Kool G Rap, H0e Buttens, Big Pun, KRS 1, Styles P, Beanie Segal and Pac. Sorry but these guys don't fill out all the criteria.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #40
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Is the top tier really that debatable? There is a difference between greatness and your favorite peoples.

No order:

Afrika Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Run-DMC
Kurtis Blow
LL Cool J
Public Enemy
NWA
Big Daddy Kane
Eric B & Rakim
KRS-1
A Tribe Called Quest
Tupac
Snoop Dogg
Wu Tang Clan
Notorious B.I.G.
Jay-Z
NaS
Outkast
Eminem
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #41
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
if we're judging solely on Lyric, charisma, delivery, popularity, hooks, and originality, then alot of rappers that I've seen you guys top 10 doesn't cut because that's what you need to cut it. I see n1ggas with Big L, Kool G Rap, H0e Buttens, Big Pun, KRS 1, Styles P, Beanie Segal and Pac. Sorry but these guys don't fill out all the criteria.

Pac has all that
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #42
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:

Troll **** is troll
Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #43
Premeditated
Banned

Premeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Pac has all that
I'm sorry if I don't find his lyrics impressive. Too me he was just a poet who rapped out his poems with delivery that's not actual MCing. Saul Williams could have done the same thing but this type of stuff doesn't fly no more.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #44
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
Troll **** is troll
after all the based god shit and now this i can def tell your from 4chan.
i love that place especially /sp/
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #45
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Quote:
I'm sorry if I don't find his lyrics impressive. Too me he was just a poet who rapped out his poems with delivery that's not actual MCing. Saul Williams could have done the same thing but this type of stuff doesn't fly no more.

I find it more impressive for a person to reach someones emotions in a song than a person who just rhymes in a dope beat, it's hard enough to do that in a regular song much more in a rap song. Hip-hop has had a lot of lyrical rapper like Rakim, Nas, Biggie, Big L, Jada, Big Pun & so on but rappers like 2pac yu won't find and you probably never will.

Last edited by G-Funk : 12-16-2010 at 11:53 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: