Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #31
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Captain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Where does the newer generation of rappers rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
I think J.Cole has potential to become one of the GOATs. Listening to Friday Night Lights...the dude is nice.

With that said, when I weigh the good and bad, I would say this generation is a lot of flattery and not so much originality. There are many quality artist, but not as many of them have music that stand the test of time they way the previous (90s and before) generation's music has to this day.

A song from this gen that I never get tired of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9khJP_mR8Iw
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
Premeditated
Banned

Premeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
lol @ Canibus being top 10.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #33
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
If anyone from the new generation it's Lupe Fiasco. I think J.Cole will be considered top 10 easily after his career is done but he didn't even start yet.

stop it just stop it. stop please.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #34
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
lol @ Canibus being top 10.

baldy he's one of the 10 best people at rapping i've ever heard.

maybe not making music videos and dressing with swag and getting spinz on the radio, but he is waaaaaaaaaay better at RAPPING than the glorified geeks you're talkin about.
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #35
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Captain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton

What's so funny? Is Lupe not ill? Is J.Cole not sick? And we haven't even seen the best Cole has to offer, so much more to come I'm sure.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #36
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton

Lol whats the problem? Plenty people legitimately feel Cole could be top 10 when he's done. Or was it the Lupe comment?
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #37
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
His production, fashion sense, swag, and genre cross-over have definitely had more impact than anything that's come out of his mouth.

God. I'm sick of this word. All these clowns use it soo much it's not only played out but attaches so many phony connotations that is the anithesis of what the art form was/is at it's best.

Can't people just say charisma?

Do you really want to group yourself with the ignorant schmucks that entire identity and personality derives from obnoxious disk jockeys or BET?
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #38
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName22
No Nas ?

Nas isn't a new generation rapper. His best stuff was in the 90's.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #39
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady

They don't because charisma generally has the connotation of being witty and original, and that's pressure that these generic cell-phone/bathroom-mirror swag monkies dont wanna put on themselves. So they just say swag because all that's required to have swag is visibly exaggerated confidence and obnoxiousness.

It's like that saying "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit", well swag is the lowest form of charisma
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #40
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
God. I'm sick of this word. All these clowns use it soo much it's not only played out but attaches so many phony connotations that is the anithesis of what the art form was/is at it's best.

Do you really want to group yourself with the ignorant schmucks that entire identity and personality derives from obnoxious disk jockeys or BET?

Yeah I don't really like saying that word any more but I think it's a bit more than just charisma. Can't really think of anything else.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #41
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Not very high.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #42
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Don't you always make a deal out of people stereotyping things as "black", yet you go on to call someone out as an out of touch suburbian white guy because he doesn't have the same views on hip hop as you?

I said what he sounded like to me. Someone who is out of touch with what Hip-Hop is about. If me saying that he sounds like a white guy from the suburbs bothers you then say that what I said was offensive.

I am more than happy to apologize when I say something that is out of order.

He could very well be a suburban black/asian/cambodian kid isolated from the culture as well so you are right.

And it's not because he has different views on Hip-Hop than me...it's because he has an obvious lack of knowledge about the culture which he is flaunting around the board like it's gospel.

I don't think that my opinion is gospel, I just know that I am in tune with the culture and the new generation of rappers do not measure up to the all time greats. New school rappers are lacking in many areas for the most part.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #43
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Yeah I don't really like saying that word any more but I think it's a bit more than just charisma. Can't really think of anything else.

So his charisma revolutionized Hip-Hop?

Lol, brothers in the hood don't really rock white shudder sunglasses and weirdo space coats. They don't rock gucci and prada because Kanye said it, people have been wasting money on that crap way before he came along.

Big Daddy Kane had folks putting lines in their eyebrows. Kwame had folks wearing polka dots. Kanye has had an impact on fashion, but that's just trendsetting.

Not exactly revolutionizing a whole culture.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #44
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
co-sign.

because i don't consider the gangsta rap era or Wu Tang era as the golden years, he thinks i sound white now. If he actually goes outside his hood he'll realize there are lots of other dudes that don't fukk with that era either. does it me i don't respect it? no. Am i saying it didn't have a huge impact? of course not. Go Getter is the one that seems out of touch.

Where did I say that the Wu-Tang or Gangsta rap era is the golden era?

You say Kanye is God, say Nikki Manaj is an all time great.

You are not Hip-Hop...sit down.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:58 AM   #45
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

NoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
well then. i guess Cory Gunz and Lil B is top 10 then huh.

No way Cory is, but Lil B is already top 10 my fellow noble god.
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: