Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #16
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rage Against the Machine appreciation thread

Anybody listen to Clutch? Similar style of metal where the lead singer raps(rhymes) a bit.

A Shogun Named Marcus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tIzP3Te05E
Milk of Kindness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvUxDXdZGo
Pure Rock Fury http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWGwS5KGypM
Texan Book of Death http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOorzEstCjw
Burning Beard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eepsCXpLY4

DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #17
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Brotha, did ya forget ya name?
Did ya lose it on the wall
Playin' tic-tac-toe?

Yo, check the diagonal
Three brothers gone
Come on
Doesn't that make it three in a row?

Anger is a gift

OHHHH BRING THAT SHIT IN
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 AM   #18
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My 2nd fav band of all time.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #19
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I appreciate Rage Against the Machine.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:19 AM   #20
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
I'd replace one of those songs with Renegades of Funk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqWP1rsAMrw

I never get tired of this song.

I love that song, I remember Raps using it for their game intro, really gets you pumped up.

Raptors 06/07 Season Intro

Awesome band, haven't listened to them in a while though, thanks for the reminder Tennessee.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:26 AM   #21
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i like guerilla radio
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:30 AM   #22
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Freedom at #1
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #23
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

There's a mass without roofs
A prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of tha mill
There's a right to obey
And a right to kill
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #24
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I very much enjoy this band. I would be alright if they reunited and created another album. I would purchase it.

Interesting thoughts by the original poster. I remember thinking that these guys seemed a little extremist at times. I remember specifically on their import live album, there's an intro to one of their songs where Zach is rambling about the crowd picking up some pamphlets at the back to send to President Clinton.

Strangely though, even when those times arise when I'm thinking, "Geesh, I don't know if I agree with the message" sometimes I just like the fact that there is a message, period. They can at least provoke critical thought, which isn't always a foregone conclusion with popular music.

Pretty interesting to see how big these guys ended up becoming. I remember my brothers' friend connecting us to Rage just prior to the release of Evil Empire. They were borderline underground for a bit there. I remember my dad having to lecture my brother that "Just because the song is called 'Bullet in the Head' doesn't mean you can put a bullet in someone's head" before letting him own the album.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #25
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With the current wave of information and how things are today, do you guys feel that what they are singing about is really that out of line?
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #26
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
What I love most about RATM is that they sound absolutely nothing like anyone or anything that has existed, before or since. De La Rocha's rapping and Morello's absurd effects, techniques, and whatever the hell he does are both so unique to the rock genre. The rhythm section can more than hold their own, but RATM is all about Morello and De La Rocha. At least in my eyes.

Nah, the bass player is no slouch and a tonal freak. He custom builds several of his own pedals and paints/duct tapes over others so no one can replicate his sound. A little excessive, but I can pick him out on a track easy both due to sound and style so half of it makes sense.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #27
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
With the current wave of information and how things are today, do you guys feel that what they are singing about is really that out of line?

In a sense.

Yes we all know government is corrupt, but going all anarchy isn't going to do anything but hurt the situation even more.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #28
TennesseeFan
Banned

Hoover, he was a body remover
I'll give ya a dose
But it can never come close
To the rage built up inside of me
Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy

Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #29
TennesseeFan
Banned

My favorite RATM outro

Quote:
Aint it funny how the factorys doors close
Round the time that the school doors close
Round the time that the doors of the jail cells
Open up to greet you like the reaper
Aint it funny how the factorys doors close
Round the time that the school doors close
Round the time that a hundred thousand jail cells
Open up to greet you like the reaper
-Ashes in the Fall
Old 12-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #30
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
It's time to flow like the fluid in ya veins
If ya will it, I will spill it
And ya out just as quick as ya came
Not a silent one
But a defiant one
Never a normal one
'Cause I'm the bastard son
With the visions of the move
Vocals not to soothe
But to ignite and put in flight