Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default going on a date with a girl that's out of your league.

Have you guys ever done this before? It might happen to me Monday night. I don't know much about this girl other than she's only lived in Dallas for 3 months, graduated from Ohio State, and spilt up with her boyfriend weeks ago.

Personally I could see this chick going out with some dooche-bag investment banker who's 6'5 / 230 and makes a quarter million a year... and for all I know that might be her last boyfriend... but the bottom line is this: I got her to agree to go out on a date with me this week.

So I'm not sure how to approach this delicate situation... Should I do my best to just be myself, or should I put on somewhat of an act and pretend to be a bit classier than I really am. Regardless of what I do I'm really nervous about this. I'm not ready to jump in a relationship, but I could see myself getting serious with her sometime down the road, so I want to take things extra slow and play my cards right.

Would it be too corny to give her flowers on the first date? Or do I need to act like I don't give a f*ck about her?

And while I'm at it: Does this technique of getting a girl to go out with you ever work?

Stacey Dash and Damon Wayans in Mo' Money(1992)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn0IiBOXaUI

I call it the extra persistent game. Where you go out of your way to let the girl know she's the $hit and you would worship her.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Hibachi!
bosh gave me my jacket

Hibachi! is considered somewhat coolHibachi! is considered somewhat coolHibachi! is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: going on a date with a girl that's out of your league.

Be yourself if you actually want to date this girl. If you want to just hook up with her then probably be a douche
Hibachi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
JerrySteakhouse
HEAT 2014-2015

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't ever think a girl is "out of your league" or above you.
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dating girls out of your league is more stress than fun from my experiences...

I avoid 10s...I don't need or want that kind of attention...unless you are just trying to f*ck

and obviously "just be yourself" is the route to go...but on first dates neither is going to be very relaxed I don't think, you will both be acting different...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
Don't ever think a girl is "out of your league" or above you.
that isn't reality though...

you would never approach Kim K in real life cause deep inside you know she is out of your league and would never date you (unless you are a pro athlete)
Old 12-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
JerrySteakhouse
HEAT 2014-2015

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
that isn't reality though...

you would never approach Kim K in real life cause deep inside you know she is out of your league and would never date you (unless you are a pro athlete)

Nah, you just need confidence brah. If you're trying to always impress a girl its never going to work out. If you going into a relationship thinking they better than you, then you in trouble.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
dating girls out of your league is more stress than fun from my experiences...

I avoid 10s...I don't need or want that kind of attention...unless you are just trying to f*ck

and obviously "just be yourself" is the route to go...but on first dates neither is going to be very relaxed I don't think, you will both be acting different...

This one is definitely a solid 9 so I'll be honest and say this is much higher than what I've grown accustom to going out with.

And when I say 9... I honestly don't think that would speak for only my opinion but the average man's opinion also.

but you are right... There is no way I'm going to be able to enjoy myself on the first date... too much anxiety.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dang she sounds speical.. how did you guys meet? I think playmaker is right.. you probably be nervous soo should you just go with the flow? hahaaa
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #9
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
Nah, you just need confidence brah. If you're trying to always impress a girl its never going to work out. If you going into a relationship thinking they better than you, then you in trouble.
not "better than me" like that...all the confidence in the world wouldn't snag Kim K dude...FACT

we are ALL guilty of trying to impress girls, from the clothes you wear to the car you drive to working out or just taking a shower before going out...that is just natural

I don't think ANY human is "better than me" but I am fully aware of where I stand in the dating game and if a woman is "Maxim-10" then obviously she is going to be a difficult pull compared to a "5"...
Old 12-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznTacoLover
Dang she sounds speical.. how did you guys meet? I think playmaker is right.. you probably be nervous soo should you just go with the flow? hahaaa

It's going to be a scary road to go down. I'm going to have to pray on this one.

I'll have this song in my mind when a get nervous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzlBHk13FKQ

But seriously... I just have to keep the conversation going and keep her interested in my bull$hit. Maybe make laugh a few times. But it's gonna hard to just be myself.

(I haven't had a drink in three months so I can't cheat like I use to.... back in the day I could just drink to cure my stress.)

Last edited by Riddler : 12-17-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #11
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
This one is definitely a solid 9 so I'll be honest and say this is much higher than what I've grown accustom to going out with.

And when I say 9... I honestly don't think that would speak for only my opinion but the average man's opinion also.

but you are right... There is no way I'm going to be able to enjoy myself on the first date... too much anxiety.
the nerves should settle after the first 10-20 minutes or so I think...

just try to pretend she is ugly...lol

that will help
Old 12-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Is she your boss?

If not, just be yourself.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #13
JerrySteakhouse
HEAT 2014-2015

Quote:
not "better than me" like that...all the confidence in the world wouldn't snag Kim K dude...FACT

we are ALL guilty of trying to impress girls, from the clothes you wear to the car you drive to working out or just taking a shower before going out...that is just natural

I don't think ANY human is "better than me" but I am fully aware of where I stand in the dating game and if a woman is "Maxim-10" then obviously she is going to be a difficult pull compared to a "5"...

I agree with you, but you have a way better chance in snagging a dime when you're confident. If you ever approach a chick with no confidence or you think you got NO chance, then don't even try.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Done that. Didn't end well.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
Riddler
D-94

Quote:

this.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: