I love how everytime a thread like this is created or a subject like this is created some "coming from daddy" boys say the typical cliche stuff which they dont even know what it means and expect everybody to tap tap them on their backs and tell them: "oh how intelligent you are, how liberal, you right, religions suck".
Dont get confused, im not a religion guy either, not even close, (at least not in a normal way), I just find funny and amusing this kind of things.
If you actually take the 95 % of the garbage and the "burocratic high power institutions" stuff and look close to the remaining 5 %, you can learn something from religion.
And please, lets not pretend we wouldnt think to ourselves "God have mercy on me" in our moment of death.
Is for people pliable enough to buy into whatever was taught to them at an early age regardless of how ridiculous it was, to the point it becomes entrenched into their psyches and they struggle to think in any other context.
The people whos lives aren't at stake everyday tend to sit back like cowards and decide what the purpose of life is for themselves when there are people all over the world who aren't even concerned the least with religion/science, they are just worried about making it to tomorrow.
Who else cares about those people other than Jesus? In theory, regardless what you think about his existence or whatever.