Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2010, 02:17 AM   #16
TonyJones
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Is for people pliable enough to buy into whatever was taught to them at an early age regardless of how ridiculous it was, to the point it becomes entrenched into their psyches and they struggle to think in any other context.

That just about sums it up.

I have no idea how people latch on to those teachings for their whole lives. I considered myself a Christian and believed in God up until the age of 10. Then I just stopped believing and got absolutely tired of it. I left religion behind when I was a kid with the tooth fairy, santa clause, and the easter bunny.
TonyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 AM   #17
Penny37
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJones
That just about sums it up.

I have no idea how people latch on to those teachings for their whole lives. I considered myself a Christian and believed in God up until the age of 10. Then I just stopped believing and got absolutely tired of it. I left religion behind when I was a kid with the tooth fairy, santa clause, and the easter bunny.
I have no idea how you can believe that everything you see came from nothing. Despite the fact that that is contradictory to everything you believe in.
Believing in God takes faith. Not believing in God also takes faith.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #18
Legend of Josh
Banned

Love God. He loved us first.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #19
Penny37
Local High School Star

Even if you don't believe in Christianity, you can't deny the positive impact it has on the world. Yeah there have been religious wars but far more wars were the result of something else.

Plus, whenever there is need somewhere in the world, or even in your own country, it's a very safe bet that Christians are the ones who are first to help and provide the most help at that.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:27 AM   #20
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
I have no idea how you can believe that everything you see came from nothing. Despite the fact that that is contradictory to everything you believe in.
Believing in God takes faith. Not believing in God also takes faith.

The arrogance in man is what makes people believe that they have the key to understanding, and they believe that is from the potential of man.

But the potential of an omnipotent being (even theoretically) is infinitely powerful than the potential of man.

Thats why it is easier for children to believe, because children are not arrogant. (And I'm talking about the heart, there are 10 year olds with the same maturity level as some 30 or 40 year olds have today.)
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #21
TennesseeFan
Banned

Is 2+2 based on what you think?

No.

2+2=4 regardless of what you want it to be.

The Truth is The Truth, regardless if you believe it is or not.

Truth is not relative, it is not contrary or dependent on what you believe.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #22
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
Is 2+2 based on what you think?

No.

2+2=4 regardless of what you want it to be.

The Truth is The Truth, regardless if you believe it is or not.

Truth is not relative, it is not contrary or dependent on what you believe.
Prove to everyone with factual evidence that there is no God. If you could do that, I would see your ass on TV so keep that in mind before you start pulling shit out your ass.

The real question is, why is 2+2=4? Is it because its Gods will? Or is it a chaotic chain of events that happened at the right place at the right time?
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:48 AM   #23
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Prove to everyone with factual evidence that there is no God. If you could do that, I would see your ass on TV so keep that in mind before you start pulling shit out your ass.

The real question is, why is 2+2=4? Is it because its Gods will? Or is it a chaotic chain of events that happened at the right place at the right time?

I don't have the power to prove that to you, only God has the power to prove that to you.

It takes the will to faith to see that power.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:53 AM   #24
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

BTW, Based God > *
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:55 AM   #25
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Religion gets hated on for no good reason,Religion is worshiped for no good reason.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:00 AM   #26
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
I don't have the power to prove that to you, only God has the power to prove that to you.

It takes the will to faith to see that power.
Well the question can go both ways. People these days think that beliefs are based on fact, when in reality we don't know jack shit. So basically all the people running around saying religion is stupid are just as ignorant and annoying as the assholes who shove bibles in your face every 20 seconds.

My stand is I don't care if you're religious or not as long as you don't act like a prick towards me or anyone else we can be cool. Cause in the end it might turn out that we're both wrong and we wasted our lives being a bunch of stupid monkeys flinging shit at each other over something we cant prove.

In short, live and let live.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:04 AM   #27
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Well the question can go both ways. People these days think that beliefs are based on fact, when in reality we don't know jack shit. So basically all the people running around saying religion is stupid are just as ignorant and annoying as the assholes who shove bibles in your face every 20 seconds.

My stand is I don't care if you're religious or not as long as you don't act like a prick towards me or anyone else we can be cool. Cause in the end it might turn out that we're both wrong and we wasted our lives being a bunch of stupid monkeys flinging shit at each other over something we cant prove.

In short, live and let live.
Bingo!
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:09 AM   #28
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
I love how everytime a thread like this is created or a subject like this is created some "coming from daddy" boys say the typical cliche stuff which they dont even know what it means and expect everybody to tap tap them on their backs and tell them: "oh how intelligent you are, how liberal, you right, religions suck".

Dont get confused, im not a religion guy either, not even close, (at least not in a normal way), I just find funny and amusing this kind of things.

If you actually take the 95 % of the garbage and the "burocratic high power institutions" stuff and look close to the remaining 5 %, you can learn something from religion.

And please, lets not pretend we wouldnt think to ourselves "God have mercy on me" in our moment of death.

I love how every time someone makes a thread like this some douche bag like yourself comes in here and makes a post just like that to counter the "liberal idiots" and pretend like they're smart or some voice of reason and balance.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:38 AM   #29
Mista Kool
Rape Is Wrong

Quote:

Which do you feel is the better explanation for the comprehensibility and rationality of the universe and why?

God (purpose/intent) or a series of fortuitous, unexplainable accidents?
Mista Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 AM   #30
Penny37
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr00vy Baby
So how and when did god get created then, baby? who were the two groovy swingers that shagged rotten and brought him into this crazy psyachedlic universe, yeahhh
God exists outside this realm. Something we can't comprehend. Like trying to explain the internet to an ant. We know nothing.
God exists outside of our universe, time is of no value.
God just always existed. Anything and everything that was ever created and will ever be created, had a creator. This universe is no different.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: