Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2010, 04:08 AM   #31
Mista Kool
Rape Is Wrong

Mista Kool is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr00vy Baby
So how and when did god get created then, baby? who were the two groovy swingers that shagged rotten and brought him into this crazy psyachedlic universe, yeahhh

God is the necessary uncreated First Cause from which all else flows. That's what makes Him, you know, God.

A God who requires a creator is no God at all.
Mista Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:18 AM   #32
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Well the question can go both ways. People these days think that beliefs are based on fact, when in reality we don't know jack shit. So basically all the people running around saying religion is stupid are just as ignorant and annoying as the assholes who shove bibles in your face every 20 seconds.

My stand is I don't care if you're religious or not as long as you don't act like a prick towards me or anyone else we can be cool. Cause in the end it might turn out that we're both wrong and we wasted our lives being a bunch of stupid monkeys flinging shit at each other over something we cant prove.

In short, live and let live.

Thats what I want to get past, peoples perception of the religious imbeciles that do not know two cents about their faith.

Hell, I'm not even Muslim, and I've probably read more of the Qu'ran than 99.9% of the female population in Afghanistan.

These heretical cultic muslims like Al-Queda, these Bible thumping Christians and Catholics, these stubborn Jews in Israel, they don't understand the bigger picture.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:13 AM   #33
Nobler
The Noble

Nobler has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I love how every time someone makes a thread like this some douche bag like yourself comes in here and makes a post just like that to counter the "liberal idiots" and pretend like they're smart or some voice of reason and balance.
Its funny because you just described your own posting style.
Nobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #34
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is something that exists because children are indoctrinated with it. The things that "god" does in the bible are pretty sick, it doesn't sound like a god, but a psycho path.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:45 AM   #35
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Is something that exists because children are indoctrinated with it. The things that "god" does in the bible are pretty sick, it doesn't sound like a god, but a psycho path.

Why don't you explain? What is it that God does that is sick?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #36
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I truly think that religion spawned from man's ignorance of the world around him so he created stories/ideologies to make the masses feel safe.

However, seeing that religion has steered countless people towards a righteous path in life it can't be all bad.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #37
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan

Wow just wow... I feel that you havent read nor seen any debate regarding God as a source of morality.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #38
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Punishing those who don't do as "he" commands. Sending someone to burn in hell that violates the rules. That is a psycho path.

You can just tell religeon is bs if you think logically about it. On top of that, the people who defend it get angry when you speak against it. They are afraid to speak against their "god". That's not faith, it's fear.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #39
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I truly think that religion spawned from man's ignorance of the world around him so he created stories/ideologies to make the masses feel safe.

However, seeing that religion has steered countless people towards a righteous path in life it can't be all bad.

Of course it is. It's scary and depressing to think at times that this world is all there is. Religion has on the flip side ruined peoples lives, caused war, and been used as an excuse for hideous crimes.

The reason religion bothers me is because it can be a very dangerous tool to manipulate people. When you start living your life without asking questions, and letting someone else do your thinking, that is dangerous.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #40
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
Punishing those who don't do as "he" commands. Sending someone to burn in hell that violates the rules. That is a psycho path.

You can just tell religeon is bs if you think logically about it. On top of that, the people who defend it get angry when you speak against it. They are afraid to speak against their "god". That's not faith, it's fear.

We're talking about a perfect omnipotent being, not a human.

Thats why people have mixed views of God, because they picture him as a human when hes not.

Yes, humans shall short of the perfection. You should probably read about his abounding grace too, none of us really don't even deserve to exist.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #41
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
Wow just wow... I feel that you havent read nor seen any debate regarding God as a source of morality.

I've had plenty, I was asking so I could understand his point of view. There are various opinions of "sick". Some people think God is sick mainly because he sends people to hell. Some people think God is sick specifically because he doesn't like gays. Some people think God is sick because he burned towns and saved Lot.

Just wanted to make sure where he was coming from.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #42
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Quote:
I've had plenty, I was asking so I could understand his point of view. There are various opinions of "sick". Some people think God is sick mainly because he sends people to hell. Some people think God is sick specifically because he doesn't like gays. Some people think God is sick because he burned towns and saved Lot.

Just wanted to make sure where he was coming from.

Okay fair enough.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #43
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
We're talking about a perfect omnipotent being, not a human.

Thats why people have mixed views of God, because they picture him as a human when hes not.

Yes, humans shall short of the perfection. You should probably read about his abounding grace too, none of us really don't even deserve to exist.

You're doing it yourself. Giving gender to this mythical being you speak of.

You came into this world knowing nothing about god or the concept. The people before you came into this world the same way. No one on this earth knows anything for certain.

You should watch some videos of Jacque Fresco. He talks about religeon and how dangerous it is.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #44
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
You're doing it yourself. Giving gender to this mythical being you speak of.

You came into this world knowing nothing about god or the concept. The people before you came into this world the same way. No one on this earth knows anything for certain.

You should watch some videos of Jacque Fresco. He talks about religion and how dangerous it is.

I'm aware of that. It talks about in the Bible, how the world has forgotten their God.

And yes religion is dangerous, but God is not bound by religion. There is a difference between religion and relationship.

There was an actual man who claimed to be God, and His power is evident today through His gifts and His healing. That is not a myth. What I see with my eyes is not a myth, and through sight, my beliefs are justified.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #45
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
If evolution was inherently true, why wouldn't we just kill all the weaklings in Africa and Haiti, and let the strong reign over the earth.

Probably has something to do with compassion....God?....Compassion?....hmmmmmmm
what a ****ing retard this poster this. Do you have any conception of what evolution even means? You stupid mentally deficient ****tard.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: