Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #46
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
Even if you don't believe in Christianity, you can't deny the positive impact it has on the world. Yeah there have been religious wars but far more wars were the result of something else.

Plus, whenever there is need somewhere in the world, or even in your own country, it's a very safe bet that Christians are the ones who are first to help and provide the most help at that.
you clearly do not know the history of your own religion. Not saying its evil, but this is a point of view that is not grounded in historical fact.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #47
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well if that's what you believe, ok.

I was just thinking about a comparison between the idea of god and sports. When our team does well we think because we're watching that game some how we're effecting the outcome.

To me it's similar to how when a religious person has something good happen to them or someone else, they give god the credit.

I may not be articulating this idea very well, but I'm tired.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #48
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

By the way, if there really is a god, and he is exactly as people say. God did an absolutely terrible job of giving these people evidence to prove his existence.

Why would god create a world where the side that doesn't believe in him can make easy logical arguments to explain why he probably doesn't exist. Leaving his followers nothing but child molesting priests to pass the story on.

It doesn't make sense. I hope there is a god, but it really doesn't make sense. It's be funny if you're both wrong.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #49
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
By the way, if there really is a god, and he is exactly as people say. God did an absolutely terrible job of giving these people evidence to prove his existence.

Why would god create a world where the side that doesn't believe in him can make easy logical arguments to explain why he probably doesn't exist. Leaving his followers nothing but child molesting priests to pass the story on.

It doesn't make sense. I hope there is a god, but it really doesn't make sense. It's be funny if you're both wrong.
You're acting as if religion is the cause of all the bad in this world but there is far more good that comes from it than bad. Take Haiti for example. Look at how much money was raised for them and then tell me which organizations were responsible for raising the most money. The majority of them are Christian organizations.

You think God is a "sick" God but how would you feel if you created a world that continues to act in evil ways. Then you send your own son to die for the people and they still continue to act the way we act. Lying, cheating, stealing, destroying God's earth, condoning abortions, letting kids in third world countries die while we here feast every day.

I certainly wouldn't be happy, in fact, I'd be pretty pissed off.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #50
RandyOrton
OKC

RandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

God wrote a script, we all just follow it.
RandyOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #51
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
what a ****ing retard this poster this. Do you have any conception of what evolution even means? You stupid mentally deficient ****tard.

Its called natural selection. Don't get raged that its true.

Compassion and love makes that theory void.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #52
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07

He emphasizes faith. Thats why.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #53
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Kool
Which do you feel is the better explanation for the comprehensibility and rationality of the universe and why?

God (purpose/intent) or a series of fortuitous, unexplainable accidents?
I believe in science, although I cant rule out the possibility of there being a creator. Molecularly we are all made of the same substance, the same as the moon, stars, etc. Everything in the universe breaks down to the same make up. So my beliefs are is that when our lives are finished, we die and perhaps reset the cycle. Maybe become a tree or a star or some kind of gas, maybe an animal w/e. We're all the same.

In terms of how the universe came about, I have heard of a theory that sound vibration creates form. So going by that we know the universe has its own specific frequency that gives everything form. The reason our bodies stay together is because of that vibration, that's why music effects us the way it does and that's why we are so sensitive to different sounds. What gives off that vibration we can leave to our imagination and say its Gods voice w/e. Personally I have as much of a clue as anyone else but that sounds somewhat feasible to me, so I'll go with that.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #54
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobler
Its funny because you just described your own posting style.

You must be thinking of someone else.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #55
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
you clearly do not know the history of your own religion. Not saying its evil, but this is a point of view that is not grounded in historical fact.
As I mentioned previously, I do not deny that a lot of bad has been done in the name of Christianity, but all I was saying is that the good far outweighs the bad and I'm not sure why you can't see that.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #56
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Religion gets hated on for no good reason,Religion is worshiped for no good reason.

I actually wholly disagree with both portions of this statement. It's clever though, I guess
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #57
BlackJordan
Banned

BlackJordan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr00vy Baby
So how and when did god get created then, baby? who were the two groovy swingers that shagged rotten and brought him into this crazy psyachedlic universe, yeahhh

God, as creator of time, is outside of time. Since therefore He has no beginning in time, He has always existed, so doesn't need a cause.
BlackJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #58
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
As I mentioned previously, I do not deny that a lot of bad has been done in the name of Christianity, but all I was saying is that the good far outweighs the bad and I'm not sure why you can't see that.
I see it just fine.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #59
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
Its called natural selection. Don't get raged that its true.

Compassion and love makes that theory void.
honestly, what is your education level? Are you a young teen? Hopefully you will learn that natural selection has nothing to do with gunning down africans. Even social darwinism (the rip off of survival of the fittest from an economist and thoroughly debunked) does not work as you suggest. Basically, you are advocating genocide based on cultural categories of race, which has nothing to do with biological evolution.

Talk about compassion and love. What a weird stretch you are making here, that sociality and empathy are fundamentally abiological and disprove evolution because we dont (currently) engage in racial genocide? Your sheer ignorance and misunderstanding of both the world around you and basic biological principles makes me sad for you, your community, our country and the world.

In short, you suck.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #60
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
God just always existed. Anything and everything that was ever created and will ever be created, had a creator. This universe is no different.

Who/what created God?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: