Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #61
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
honestly, what is your education level? Are you a young teen? Hopefully you will learn that natural selection has nothing to do with gunning down africans. Even social darwinism (the rip off of survival of the fittest from an economist and thoroughly debunked) does not work as you suggest. Basically, you are advocating genocide based on cultural categories of race, which has nothing to do with biological evolution.

Talk about compassion and love. What a weird stretch you are making here, that sociality and empathy are fundamentally abiological and disprove evolution because we dont (currently) engage in racial genocide? Your sheer ignorance and misunderstanding of both the world around you and basic biological principles makes me sad for you, your community, our country and the world.

In short, you suck.

It's Mr. LOJangles, dawg. His education level is insurance and rogaine.
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #62
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I see it just fine.
Good argument, bro.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #63
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
honestly, what is your education level? Are you a young teen? Hopefully you will learn that natural selection has nothing to do with gunning down africans. Even social darwinism (the rip off of survival of the fittest from an economist and thoroughly debunked) does not work as you suggest. Basically, you are advocating genocide based on cultural categories of race, which has nothing to do with biological evolution.

Talk about compassion and love. What a weird stretch you are making here, that sociality and empathy are fundamentally abiological and disprove evolution because we dont (currently) engage in racial genocide? Your sheer ignorance and misunderstanding of both the world around you and basic biological principles makes me sad for you, your community, our country and the world.

In short, you suck.

In short, your intelligence has made you arrogant.

Your arrogance leads to an ignorance that you cannot even see.

I'm not talking about races, I'm talking about power. If there are countries that are far more educated than most of the third world countries, why don't they just eradicate them? You know, getting rid of the hindrance to the human race, so we can evolve?

Its because of the grace and mercy of God instilled in the hearts of his people. Evolution doesn't teach the most fundamental element of humankind's survival, and that is love.

Natural selection, by the book, tells me if my roommate is hindering my evolution or mankind's evolution, to kill him. In essence, if we are being hindered by a people, why don't we destroy them?

Because theres a sense of grace that everyone has, and its not natural. Man is a fierce, ravaging, selfish animal with out the supernatural love and wisdom of God.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #64
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJordan
God, as creator of time, is outside of time. Since therefore He has no beginning in time, He has always existed, so doesn't need a cause.

So everything that exists needs a creator except the creator him/her/itself? How convenient.

Why can't I make the case that certain elements of the universe/nature have always existed and had no cause, such as gravity?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #65
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Who/what created God?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster, of course.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #66
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Who/what created God?

There was no creation or beginning of God. God has just always existed.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #67
BlackJordan
Banned

BlackJordan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
So everything that exists needs a creator except the creator him/her/itself? How convenient.

Why can't I make the case that certain elements of the universe/nature have always existed and had no cause, such as gravity?

Believe in gravity for all i care. I'm just stating what i believe in.
BlackJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #68
Penny37
Local High School Star

Quote:
Who/what created God?
Nothing created God. He just always was.
He is outside our reality, our scope of understanding. He is outside of time and space. That's how I see it.

Hard to believe, I know. But so is the fact that everything came from nothing.
Both take faith. I'm not hating either way, I have no problems with anyone who believes that there is no God.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #69
Penny37
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Okay well you're awfully good at critiquing the concept of God but you aren't in any way backing up your claim that there isn't a God. So you agree that everything created needs a creator so what created the universe if it wasn't God? Don't have an answer?
Old 12-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #70
knobs
Decent playground baller

knobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
He is outside our reality, our scope of understanding. He is outside of time and space. That's how I see it.
do you in the validity of any organized religious doctrines that have gained popularity throughout history?
knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #71
Penny37
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobs
do you in the validity of any organized religious doctrines that have gained popularity throughout history?

I think you missed a word or something, I don't understand your question.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #72
knobs
Decent playground baller

knobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
I think you missed a word or something, I don't understand your question.
sorry. *believe in the etc

i guess i can just make my point. assuming you are a believer in even only some aspects of christianity (which, if i remember correctly, is the case), how can you not understand the hypocrisy in stating dual declarations; a) that god is outside of both the reality and understanding of mankind and b) that ______ is the word of god as it pertains to human behavior? don't you see how f*cked up that is?

eh, nevermind. i apologize for my harsh words. i wouldn't want you to use me as an example of atheistic attacks on believers. we aren't getting anywhere with this.
knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #73
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJordan
Believe in gravity for all i care. I'm just stating what i believe in.

It's not a matter of belief or faith. You stated something matter-of-factly that contradicts the notion that everything that exists must have a creator or a beginning. I'm just trying to figure out how that makes even the slightest bit of logical sense. This is the basic exchange we have going here:

Religious Stance: "Everything that exists couldn't have come from nothing, it must've had a creator"

Logical Stance: "Okay, so if God does exist he/she/it must have had a creator, because he/she/it couldn't have come from nothing"

Religious Stance: "Well, you see, God has always been around and his existence did not require cause, beginning, or creation"

Logical Stance: "That's a blatant contradiction of your earlier statement. But if that is true, why can't I conclude the same about the laws of physics and the Universe and such forces as gravity?"

Stephen Hawking: “Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.”

If anyone wants to set the above straight for the record, be my guest.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #74
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
Okay well you're awfully good at critiquing the concept of God but you aren't in any way backing up your claim that there isn't a God. So you agree that everything created needs a creator so what created the universe if it wasn't God? Don't have an answer?

I don't believe that. Just pointing out the fallacy in your 'logic'.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #75
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
In short, your intelligence has made you arrogant.

Your arrogance leads to an ignorance that you cannot even see.

I'm not talking about races, I'm talking about power. If there are countries that are far more educated than most of the third world countries, why don't they just eradicate them? You know, getting rid of the hindrance to the human race, so we can evolve?

Its because of the grace and mercy of God instilled in the hearts of his people. Evolution doesn't teach the most fundamental element of humankind's survival, and that is love.

Natural selection, by the book, tells me if my roommate is hindering my evolution or mankind's evolution, to kill him. In essence, if we are being hindered by a people, why don't we destroy them?

Because theres a sense of grace that everyone has, and its not natural. Man is a fierce, ravaging, selfish animal with out the supernatural love and wisdom of God.

Why do you keep rambling like a moron? Are you just fishing for negs?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: