Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2010, 04:21 AM   #16
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: How has Kanye West revolutionized Hip-Hop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
Grammy's are way overrated to be honest. It's voted by old white people who knows nothing about the 'hood.

Remember Millie Vanillie took home a few Grammy's before they got ratted out?

Amy Winehouse>Pac apparently.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:23 AM   #17
Premeditated
Banned

Premeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
Amy Winehouse>Pac apparently.
breh...don't make me go there.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:25 AM   #18
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Recent Grammy Award Winners
Coldplay
Amy Winehouse
Dixie Chicks
U2
John Mayer
Jesse Harris
Alicia Keys
Rob Thomas and Santana

Yea, Pac can't keep up with those people's legacies.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:25 AM   #19
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
breh...don't make me go there.

Go there brah. Don't tease, I ain't judgin.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 AM   #20
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I've heard this a couple of times this week. Anyone care to enlighten me?
c/s

And LIke I mentioned in that other thread, he didn't 'revolutionize' as much as he 'evolutionized' it.

He didn't create anything new or take anything to the next level. What he did do, was take something that was created before him to the mainstream. He is also a combination of different rappers and producers, but nothing that is next level type of shit.

As a producer, he's good but he didn't do anything revolutionary.
As a rapper he didn't do anything that wasn't done before either.

He followed styles and formulas that were already existent and just add his own slight twist, and it wasn't necessarily that much better (if at all).

I think people confuse his popularity as being revolutionary, which isn't the case at all. I'll agree that he is one of this era's icons, but not revolutionary in the musical sense.

And he aint revolutionary, in the socio-political sense either.

Cause he stated what he stated? then take it back? then cry and complain about it?

Naw.... he aint revolutionary in the musical sense or the socio-political sense.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:30 AM   #21
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
Grammy's are way overrated to be honest. It's voted by old white people who knows nothing about the 'hood.

Remember Millie Vanillie took home a few Grammy's before they got ratted out?
Exactly. Dude has to be the king of straw man arguments.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #22
Premeditated
Banned

Premeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
c/s

And LIke I mentioned in that other thread, he didn't 'revolutionize' as much as he 'evolutionized' it.

He didn't create anything new or take anything to the next level. What he did do, was take something that was created before him to the mainstream. He is also a combination of different rappers and producers, but nothing that is next level type of shit.

As a producer, he's good but he didn't do anything revolutionary.
As a rapper he didn't do anything that wasn't done before either.

He followed styles and formulas that were already existent and just add his own slight twist, and it wasn't necessarily that much better (if at all).

I think people confuse his popularity as being revolutionary, which isn't the case at all. I'll agree that he is one of this era's icons, but not revolutionary in the musical sense.

And he aint revolutionary, in the socio-political sense either.

Cause he stated what he stated? then take it back? then cry and complain about it?

Naw.... he aint revolutionary in the musical sense or the socio-political sense.
if this is the case, then you agree that Pac isn't a revolutionist right? because everything he did, somebody else already lay the foundation and cultivated it with better lyrics too.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 AM   #23
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
if this is the case, then you agree that Pac isn't a revolutionist right? because everything he did, somebody else already lay the foundation and cultivated it with better lyrics too.

I somewhat agree.

2Pac was an extension of those before him such as Chuck D, KRS, Bambataa, and others. But what 2pac was more diverse than they ever were.

2pac not only touched on political issues, on social issues, he talked about relationships, about making money, thugging, partying, etc.etc. he also incorporated a formula that others hadn't done as successful before him (if at all).

He was the playa, the thug, the political figure, the every man, etc.etc.

So ehhh.... I kinda sorta agree, but I wouldn't have a hard time accepting him as revolutionary even tho he was certainly more evolutionary.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:11 AM   #24
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I somewhat agree.

2Pac was an extension of those before him such as Chuck D, KRS, Bambataa, and others. But what 2pac was more diverse than they ever were.

2pac not only touched on political issues, on social issues, he talked about relationships, about making money, thugging, partying, etc.etc. he also incorporated a formula that others hadn't done as successful before him (if at all).

He was the playa, the thug, the political figure, the every man, etc.etc.

So ehhh.... I kinda sorta agree, but I wouldn't have a hard time accepting him as revolutionary even tho he was certainly more evolutionary.

Its for these very same reasons, that Pac is heralded as one of the greatest of all time. Hip hop, the power of the people, the voice of the streets...the pulse of the human condition, and you had guys like him, that for a moment, had his finger on that....His raps were about the very things most suffered from...and THEN dude goes and gets murdered....It couldnt have been written any better than that if it was a fu*king movie. Poetic almost. The things he touched on, and then to be killed young.

He may have not been the greatest "rapper" of all time, but him as a figurehead to what hip hop is (for the most part)....cannot be denied.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:14 AM   #25
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Its for these very same reasons, that Pac is heralded as one of the greatest of all time. Hip hop, the power of the people, the voice of the streets...the pulse of the human condition, and you had guys like him, that for a moment, had his finger on that....His raps were about the very things most suffered from...and THEN dude goes and gets murdered....It couldnt have been written any better than that if it was a fu*king movie. Poetic almost. The things he touched on, and then to be killed young.

He may have not been the greatest "rapper" of all time, but him as a figurehead to what hip hop is (for the most part)....cannot be denied.

Cs

Its for that reason that I can accept when people rank him in the top 10 or higher.

Because Nas has tried to be what 2pac was, but has failed even tho he's the better rapper. 2pac knew how to connect with the majority of the audience, not just an eclectic bunch of heads (mainly purists).
Old 12-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #26
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What the hell does "cs" mean? People keep using that lately and I have no idea....I cant keep up with the internet lingo anymore.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #27
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
What the hell does "cs" mean? People keep using that lately and I have no idea....I cant keep up with the internet lingo anymore.

'Co-sign' aka agree

At times people will do c/s, I forgot to do the c/s and just did the cs.

My bad.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #28
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Alright, shit is just narrowing down now to abbreviations, so im just completely fu*kin lost now. Now I know though.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:49 AM   #29
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He hasn't. It is just hyperbole.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #30
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo
He hasn't. It is just hyperbole.
You could be right, but I have a feeling that some of his fans and stans are dead serious.

Everyone knows that Rhymefest wrote Jesus Walks right?

You don't go from a wack rapper that can't get signed even when he KNOWS Dame Dash to a guy that raps EXACTLY like Jay-Z....(I swear Jay Z did him a favor and gave him a verse on the last song of College Dropout).

Last edited by Go Getter : 12-18-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: