Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 12-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Unhappy Yates 66 game win streak is over.

Congrats for over 2 years of winning basketball. They did however lose 12 seniors from last season so to keep it a live for a while for something too.

They lost yo Findley who featured two nice kids, one Dennis Johnson's nephew.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
KG215
NBA Legend

Default Re: Yates 66 game win streak is over.

Yeah, it was on ESPN the other night. And Findlay isn't your typical "high school" team. In fact, I don't consider them a high school team. They recruit and bring in players from all the country and world.

Of course, if I heard them right, Yates is a private school in Texas that does something similar but do so by just bringing in kids from the area.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, it was on ESPN the other night. And Findlay isn't your typical "high school" team. In fact, I don't consider them a high school team. They recruit and bring in players from all the country and world.

Of course, if I heard them right, Yates is a private school in Texas that does something similar but do so by just bringing in kids from the area.
No sir, Yates is no where near a private school. It's basically located in 3rd Ward.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

Yates is certainly not a private school. Their district lets any kid living in that district to go to any school. Myck Kabongo, Amir Garrett, and Nick Johnson from Findlay are something else though.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
No sir, Yates is no where near a private school. It's basically located in 3rd Ward.

Ok, I just misunderstood the announcers during the game the other day. They made the following statement (and I'm paraphrasing a little)

"Findlay goes out and recruits not just all over the country, but the world, while Yates recruits in their neighborhood." I didn't know what they meant by neighborhood. And why would say recruit, if by neighborhood, you actually mean school district area? I wasn't sure if they meant Yates "recruits" and pulls in kids from the entire Houston area, or what.

I still don't understand how Findlay Prep "works" and why and how they are considered a high school team, when they're basically an All-Star team.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-18-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

There is no Findlay Prep, literally. The players go to some school, Henderson something, and play as "Findlay Prep." Last I heard the school was supposed to be closing the high school campus and Findlay Prep may not exist this year. Apparently they found another diploma mill to send their kids.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
There is no Findlay Prep, literally. The players go to some school, Henderson something, and play as "Findlay Prep." Last I heard the school was supposed to be closing the high school campus and Findlay Prep may not exist this year. Apparently they found another diploma mill to send their kids.

So do they compete for a high school state championship with other private and public high schools in the state, or just private schools? I don't know how it works in Nevada (or other states) but there's not a private school league in Arkansas. There's a multiplier for private schools but they still compete with other public schools. It's caused quite a bit of controversy over the years, mostly in football.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

So is Finlay like Oak Hill?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDurant24
Yates is certainly not a private school. Their district lets any kid living in that district to go to any school. Myck Kabongo, Amir Garrett, and Nick Johnson from Findlay are something else though.

Amir Garrett thats my boy. He went to Leuzinger last year, transferred to Findlay for this season. His scholarship offers started pouring in this summer and I dont know what Steve Lavin told him but hes going to St Johns next year.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: