Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool
Default Allen Iverson headed to Australia

How long this will take is unknown but he's made it clear he's heading to Australian NBL club the Sydney Kings sooner or later.
There's numerous reports surfacing on the net in the last hour or so and they've just had a news clip about it on Australian TV.

http://www.atlnightspots.com/2010/al...dney-australia
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Allen Iverson headed to Australia

That would be awesome. I don't see how though as Sydney have already dropped 2 imports and just recently sign 2 new one's so I don't know where there getting the money from.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what happened to turkey? is their season over or is he just leaving?

This after his contract is up. Okay, cool
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:05 AM   #4
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did I actually read a Sydney Kings team official say: "He would bring an unprecedented amount of swagger to the team."?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
NYCgimmeBron
Kids at the park dunk on me

NYCgimmeBron has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
How long this will take is unknown but he's made it clear he's heading to Australian NBL club the Sydney Kings sooner or later.
There's numerous reports surfacing on the net in the last hour or so and they've just had a news clip about it on Australian TV.

http://www.atlnightspots.com/2010/al...dney-australia

fark yea bro, you and I both know how miserable it is watching the NBL..... Garry Irvin MVP

I hope this is true.. if it isn't it will be a huge dissapointment for me, i'll be absolutely guttered if this is false news..if only the Bullets still had a team.. i'm flying down to Sydney as soon as its official..The answer is here.
NYCgimmeBron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #6
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

The nbl is a complete fkn embarrassment of a league
There must be a better offer out there somewhere!!!!
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #7
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
The nbl is a complete fkn embarrassment of a league
There must be a better offer out there somewhere!!!!
He is talking about after AI completes his contract in Turkey, this wont happen for two years from now and that's if he doesnt find another Euro team to play on.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #8
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

I'm just waiting on my dude PP to "retire" and go play overseas. It's going to be a pleasure watching him dominate

As for AI...still a huge fan so wherever he goes, I go.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:01 AM   #9
imlmf
Banned

imlmf has decent reputationimlmf has decent reputation

why does he just retire from basketball and stop making a joke out of himself?
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:20 AM   #10
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgimmeBron
fark yea bro, you and I both know how miserable it is watching the NBL..... Garry Irvin MVP

I hope this is true.. if it isn't it will be a huge dissapointment for me, i'll be absolutely guttered if this is false news..if only the Bullets still had a team.. i'm flying down to Sydney as soon as its official..The answer is here.
The NBL is a joke, has been for awhile now but I lost most interest in it when SE Melbourne Magic made the ridiculous decision to merge with North Melbourne Giants instead of just letting the Giants die.
I want my Magic back!!!
The big kicker for the NBL was the emergance of Europe as a viable option for international players. Once Paul Rogers, Matt Neilson and Frank Drmic started having success over there the Australian exodus began.
In the 90's and before there was 2 options for Aussie players, NBA or NBL, not the case these days
I'm not really a fan of AI in any sense but him coming to the league may just be the shot in the arm that Australian domestic Basketball needs.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #11
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
The NBL is a joke, has been for awhile now but I lost most interest in it when SE Melbourne Magic made the ridiculous decision to merge with North Melbourne Giants instead of just letting the Giants die.
I want my Magic back!!!
The big kicker for the NBL was the emergance of Europe as a viable option for international players. Once Paul Rogers, Matt Neilson and Frank Drmic started having success over there the Australian exodus began.
In the 90's and before there was 2 options for Aussie players, NBA or NBL, not the case these days
I'm not really a fan of AI in any sense but him coming to the league may just be the shot in the arm that Australian domestic Basketball needs.

I no the talent level is no where near what the NBA is but I really enjoy watching NBL, we here in Perth love the Wildcats and they sell out every week even though the NBL gets no media play. It's fun to watch as the games aren't controlled by the refs like the NBA, you can back chat them without taking it over the edge and they don't call soft fouls like in the NBA. There are also very few timeouts which is a big winner for me, when I try to watch a NBA game I can get to the second quarter and their have already been 5+ timeouts and I can't watch anymore, over here there aren't more than 5 timeout's per game.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #12
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

Can somebody just pick him up already so he can retire gracefully? He's crying out for someone to pick him up.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:54 AM   #13
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

iverson is too gangsta for turkish people. hes going to a place where he can actually dominate
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlmf
why does he just retire from basketball and stop making a joke out of himself?
He's in debt, and dealing with a divorce (or something) will need even more money still. Besides, he'll never have a job as much fun as pro basketball player, even if he's in Turkey or Australia.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #15
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He's in debt, and dealing with a divorce (or something) will need even more money still. Besides, he'll never have a job as much fun as pro basketball player, even if he's in Turkey or Australia.

jesus he's in debt?
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: