Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #31
Vegeta
Banned

Vegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Is this really the forum for people who have no basketball knowledge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
Well it was a lame joke. You reference dragon ball Z outside of ISH?

You clearly don't go out much.

So I don't go out much because I know about one of the most popular cartoons ever?
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #32
Vegeta
Banned

Vegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Is this really the forum for people who have no basketball knowledge?

Quote:
Right, and I'm a moron for not getting a DBZ joke?

C'mon dude, listen to yourself.

Never knew kids in ISH has no common sense. Not everyone gets your lame jokes.

I never called you a moron just because you didn't know. I'm at your neck simply because once you found out that you were the only one who didn't get the reference, you tried to play it off as if the "reference" is lame, and we all have no lives, exc. Which shows me how butthurt you are.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #33
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Are you serious? That's what you came up with after reading that?

Obviously not. It's because you expect EVERYONE to get that joke, if not they're slow? Really? Go out and you'll meet a lot of people that don't get that lame joke.

Either way it wasn't funny. Earl was right though, you are mad geeks for it.
And for some reason you hate us for getting the lame joke?
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #34
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Of course I didn't get it... I didn't even know what he was referencing.

That makes me slow/dumb for not knowing? Just listen to yourself.

Yes it does. How the f*ck didnt you get the reference? You probably were some kind of social reject as a kid. and i think its safe to say your IQ isnt over 9000
just kidding. why u mad though?
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #35
Vegeta
Banned

Quote:
He called me an idiot for not knowing what he was talking about. The joke was LAME regardless too.

I ain't even "butt hurt" kid, you guys just making yourselves look bad and don't even know it.

Pretty sure your the one who looks bad.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #36
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He called me an idiot for not knowing what he was talking about. The joke was LAME regardless too.

I ain't even "butt hurt" kid, you guys just making yourselves look bad and don't even know it.

I wouldn't have gotten the joke either. I've watched a lot of anime but never could get into DBZ while all my brothers rave about it. I think the better part of valor is to just laugh, shrug off sheepishly that you didn't get the joke and move on from there.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #37
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jerry DBZ is one of the most popular most referenced shows of our generation since when we were coming up it was THE shit.

Not only that BUT even people who don't know the show know the It's Over 9,000 reference, and it is strange that someone around our age wouldn't have the slightest clue what it is. So either you're outdated or brand new, that's the assumption these guys are making.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #38
Vegeta
Banned

JerrySteakHouse is upset.

Thread got so derailed.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #39
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a big DBZ as much as the next guy. But attacking a poster because he doesn't get the reference of a show he doesn't even watch is f*cking retarded IMO.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
Vegeta
Banned

Quote:
Not upset, just disappointed. Thought ISH was generally not retarded but you proved me wrong.

I can bust out an inside joke and laugh at you and call you a moron for not getting it, is that right?

Grow up son.

A joke that only yourself will know. You stupid human.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #41
Vegeta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
I'm a big DBZ as much as the next guy. But attacking a poster because he doesn't get the reference of a show he doesn't even watch is f*cking retarded IMO.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #42
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I've watched the show, was never a huge fan of it and I would have never gotten the "over 9,000" reference either way.

Bet you anything, none of the people I hang out regularly will even get the joke either.

Well that would make sense since all of you would have similar tastes.

But I would bet that most guys between the ages of like 19-23 would have this at least ring a bell.

Maybe that's a demographic that has to do with region instead. But I can tell you that only Power Rangers ever had a greater influence on the population of kids my age in this area growing up.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #43
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta

So, if I walked in a mall saying, "My IQ is over 9000"....Which of the following would most ppl think:

A) He's exagerrating his IQ level obviously.

B) OK, this dude is dumb..

c) Random much?

D) Holyshit, DBZ, Woot Woot!

Please answer.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #44
Vegeta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
So, if I walked in a mall saying, "My IQ is over 9000"....Which of the following would most ppl think:

A) He's exagerrating his IQ level obviously.

B) OK, this dude is dumb..

c) Random much?

D) Holyshit, DBZ, Woot Woot!

Please answer.

D.) Because Dragon Ball Z is one of the most popular anime shows ever.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #45
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Im sorry i dont speak geek language
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: