Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #16
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Tim Tebow reign begins tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
tebow?

lulz

Ironically enough, the guy in that picture is someone that some people (mostly Arkansas fans) felt deserved the Heisman over Tebow the year he won it.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No matter what happens, this game will be epic.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #18
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
the white mike vick

More like the white Daunte Culpepper with a weaker arm.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #19
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raaaaaaaiiiddeerrssss!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #20
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he was better than I expected he would be.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #21
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

WEAK ASS BRONCOS

pretty sweet having the refs take away a touchdown with a phantom "illegal formation" on the raiders.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #22
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

Tebow looked okay. Once teams start game planning for him he's going to really struggle. I still doubt he can develop an NFL caliber arm.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:11 AM   #23
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And it begins with a LOSS.

crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:13 AM   #24
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

8/16 138yds 1td 0int 100.5rating 8car 78yds

Better than expected.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 AM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It is still hard to fathom that the Broncos took this guy 25th overall. McDaniels set this franchise back several years. Hopefully for their sake, Denver doesn't spend much time attempting to force him into a starting QB role. The quicker that they accept the reality that this guy is not an NFL quarterback and rectify the mistake, the quicker they will be able to recover.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:49 AM   #26
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It is still hard to fathom that the Broncos took this guy 25th overall. McDaniels set this franchise back several years. Hopefully for their sake, Denver doesn't spend much time attempting to force him into a starting QB role. The quicker that they accept the reality that this guy is not an NFL quarterback and rectify the mistake, the quicker they will be able to recover.

He looked good for me. His arm looked bad at the start but by the end was looking much better. Looks like he's made improvements from the preseason. 1st NFL game I'd say was a success.

1st catch was props to Lloyd. Tebow had another tho that was 100% right in the numbers and was dropped by the WR for no reason. For a dude who just made his debut in Oakland I'd say he played more than fine. Like the announcers said during the game, whoever said the guy can't pass the football was clearly exggerating because he can. How well I have no idea. Not losing much starting him over Orton. Unless you count the meaningless bombs when were down 13+ or whenever it doesn't matter
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:54 AM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
He looked good for me. His arm looked bad at the start but by the end was looking much better. Looks like he's made improvements from the preseason. 1st NFL game I'd say was a success.

1st catch was props to Lloyd. Tebow had another tho that was 100% right in the numbers and was dropped by the WR for no reason. For a dude who just made his debut in Oakland I'd say he played more than fine. Like the announcers said during the game, whoever said the guy can't pass the football was clearly exggerating because he can. How well I have no idea. Not losing much starting him over Orton. Unless you count the meaningless bombs when were down 13+ or whenever it doesn't matter
As Marlo noted, we'll see what happens when opponents have some film of him and start preparing gameplans around his strengths/weaknesses. That is the true test. I just don't see it with Tebow. His delivery is awful and his release takes way too long. That extra 1/2 a second it takes for him to **** the ball back and bring it from his hip can make all the difference the NFL. A guy that is open when he begins to pass may not be open when he finally gets around to letting go of the ball.

Also, I would hate to have to count on him breaking long runs like he did today.... That isn't going to happen all that often in the big leagues.

I honestly have nothing against the guy. I just don't think he is cut out for the position on this level. It isn't really even because of his arm strength, but rather his delivery. The quickness of the release can really be as important or more important than how hard or long you can throw the ball.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:01 AM   #28
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
As Marlo noted, we'll see what happens when opponents have some film of him and start preparing gameplans around his strengths/weaknesses. That is the true test. I just don't see it with Tebow. His delivery is awful and his release takes way too long. That extra 1/2 a second it takes for him to **** the ball back and bring it from his hip can make all the difference the NFL. A guy that is open when he begins to pass may not be open when he finally gets around to letting go of the ball.

Also, I would hate to have to count on him breaking long runs like he did today.... That isn't going to happen all that often in the big leagues.

I honestly have nothing against the guy. I just don't think he is cut out for the position on this level. It isn't really even because of his arm strength, but rather his delivery. The quickness of the release can really be as important or more important than how hard or long you can throw the ball.

You probably know more than I do, that's for sure. That being said I dunno. He looked good to me. As the game went on he only got better. Compared to the preseason? he looked better. Denver's playcalling was his biggest obstacle IMO. The predictibility was insane. They were better off letting Tebow throw 3 picks than what they did.

I'll reserve judgement but all I know is that as time went on he got better. If Denver opens it up more for him I think people will be surprised. As for his first game? I'd say it was more than average.

Guy's position is QB tho. May not be a starting QB but at the end of the day watching him you can tell that's where he'll land, maybe a backup.

I'm surprised he got as many yards as he did tho rushing. Oakland knew what Denver was doing about 90% of the time. 3rd and long? Pretty sure you got Tebow draw every 2nd time .
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: