Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
SittingWolf
I airball my layups

SittingWolf has decent reputation
Default Re: Nerd Culture?

hollywood has had a role in this as well. all those comic books and old nerd culture icons like transformers and spiderman that have recently been remade into big movies, while we see less action movies like lethal weapon and die hard where sissy nerds would get laughed off the screen.
SittingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingWolf
hollywood has had a role in this as well. all those comic books and old nerd culture icons like transformers and spiderman that have recently been remade into big movies, while we see less action movies like lethal weapon and die hard where sissy nerds would get laughed off the screen.

That's partly true. If you put it on a screen, people will imitate it.

Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, McLoving, these dudes got put in movies and suddenly being a fat, clumsy, awkward dork is popular. It doesn't hurt that most kids these days are insecure and socially intimidated, so rallying around dudes like these and making them "cool" gives them a way to turn the tables.
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #18
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life
I still cant believe your a young white boy.

Me neither. Me being white was definitely a screw up.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #19
EarlTheGoat
Banned

EarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this board

*jerrystackbitch mode on*

im so butthurt and i cant even control it

*jerrystackbitch mode off*
EarlTheGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #20
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

swag on biiiitcchhessss
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #21
EarlTheGoat
Banned

EarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWall2
swag on biiiitcchhessss

go work on mhy garden nikka
Old 12-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #22
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
go work on mhy garden nikka
go buy tickets to watch me play nig
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #23
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

oh snap, yall!

army of gimmicks is here!!!!! it's saturday night, and you know LOJ is bringin out the army!!!!!

just don't post too late into the night LOJangles. You know it gives you nightmares...
Old 12-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #24
EarlTheGoat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
oh snap, yall!

army of gimmicks is here!!!!! it's saturday night, and you know LOJ is bringin out the army!!!!!

just don't post too late into the night LOJangles. You know it gives you nightmares...

not a gimmick, but why dont u just clean my shoes and maybe ill tatto ur face in reward
Old 12-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #25
CMsam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
not a gimmick, but why dont u just clean my shoes and maybe ill tatto ur face in reward

you should use that tatoo gun on your head, brah! draw some hairs on.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #26
EarlTheGoat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
you should use that tatoo gun on your head, brah! draw some hairs on.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #27
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
Yeah I don't like it. Everyone is an expert now. And everyone has to like some obscure band and think final fantasy 7 is the greatest game ever. I swear if people start playing Magic The Gathering again I'm gonna purchase a rifle.

Hey Ive never stopped been playing around 15 yrs its really well organized now, with annual pro tours and grand prix's. Infact Worlds just ended last week.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:19 AM   #28
CMsam
Banned

It's all about Age of Empires bro. From age 12 to 14 that was the like the all-consuming central force of my life.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #29
Yao Ming
I brick open layups

Yao Ming is considered somewhat coolYao Ming is considered somewhat cool

I had my first ''I'm getting old'' moment earlier today. I went to see Tron today and was shocked at the massive amount of hipsters roaming around the place. Just a few years ago this theater was full of fake thugs and now everyones wearing thick glasses and female jeans. I feel so detached and out of place with the whole hipster stuff.
Yao Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: