Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
golddigger31
Decent playground baller

golddigger31 has decent reputationgolddigger31 has decent reputation
Default Should there be a law to stop kids from wearing saggging pants?

Cities are imposing indecency tickets to kids who wear their pants too low, others say it is racial profiling. I highly doubt it will get anywhere...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/30/st...1.7316849.html
golddigger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should there be a law to stop kids from wearing saggging pants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddigger31
Cities are imposing indecency tickets to kids who wear their pants too low, others say it is racial profiling. I highly doubt it will get anywhere...

If kids want to look like idiots, let them look like idiots.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
xv6brandon
Banned

xv6brandon is starting to rub some people the wrong wayxv6brandon is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddigger31

kids from every racial backround sags their pants so cut that racism card bullshiet. why is it so dangerous to wear saggy pants? if they wanna look like idiots let them be
xv6brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
SittingWolf
I airball my layups

SittingWolf has decent reputation

this is supposed to be america, you should be able to wear your pants however you want. if this becomes a law, they might as well make a law that says women must wear that muslim face wrap thing too.

Last edited by SittingWolf : 12-18-2010 at 09:23 PM.
SittingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

who really gives a shit if a kid's pants are sagging? it's not considered indecent unless his actual bare ass is hanging out. people get offended over the dumbest stuff.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i gotsta sag my drawers, my nuts n my dong is so big i gotta give them space
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
who really gives a shit if a kid's pants are sagging? it's not considered indecent unless his actual bare ass is hanging out. people get offended over the dumbest stuff.

I used to feel this way, but honestly dude I'm seeing too much boxer-ass sticking out as soon as dudes lean over these days. It doesn't matter that they're covered in a thin piece of cloth, it's unpleasant and annoying.

Are we really so obsessed with not coming off as the least bit "oppressive" that we're going to chuck common decency norms out the window????

We always gotta go to far. That's one of the problems we're having. Everyone is afraid to enforce standards, on the grounds that "its an individuals right to do whatever they want." But it's coming at the cost of social order and decency.

Do you teach your dog how to behave by crossing your fingers and hoping he doesnt shit on your carpet? America = soft
Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
SittingWolf
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
I used to feel this way, but honestly dude I'm seeing too much boxer-ass sticking out as soon as dudes lean over these days. It doesn't matter that they're covered in a thin piece of cloth, it's unpleasant and annoying.

Are we really so obsessed with not coming off as the least bit "oppressive" that we're going to chuck common decency norms out the window????

We always gotta go to far. That's one of the problems we're having. Everyone is afraid to enforce standards, on the grounds that "its an individuals right to do whatever they want." But it's coming at the cost of social order and decency.

Do you teach your dog how to behave by crossing your fingers and hoping he doesnt shit on your carpet? America = soft

Stop whining, I am sick of seeing fat bitckes wearing spandex in public cause its digusting, but you dont see me trying to pass a law against it.

You can say america = soft if you want, by that logic the countries that = hard are countries that enforce dress codes, places where women get stoned if they dont cover every inch of their bodies with robes.

Why dont you move to Iran, I guarantee you wont see anybody sagging their pants there, great place to live.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
CMsam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingWolf
Stop whining, I am sick of seeing fat bitckes wearing spandex in public cause its digusting, but you dont see me trying to pass a law against it.

You can say america = soft if you want, by that logic the countries that = hard are countries that enforce dress codes, places where women get stoned if they dont cover every inch of their bodies with robes.

Why dont you move to Iran, I guarantee you wont see anybody sagging their pants there, great place to live.

Oh, I see. So if one way is bad, then its polar opposite must be good. Nice and simple logic. Don't wanna complicate things with reality. Silly me for thinking a reasonable balance is the best way to go.

Mr. LOJangles, you should move to Iran. You'd get to cover your head without anyone thinking twice.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
SittingWolf
I airball my layups

Quote:
Oh, I see. So if one way is bad, then its polar opposite must be good. Nice and simple logic. Don't wanna complicate things with reality. Silly me for thinking a reasonable balance is the best way to go.

Bottom line is that basically every country that actually enforces a dress code is a hardcore religious dictatorship. This is America, we supposedly have this thing called "freedom", you get to wear whatever the hell you want as long as you arent exposing yourself.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
CMsam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingWolf
Bottom line is that basically every country that actually enforces a dress code is a hardcore religious dictatorship. This is America, we supposedly have this thing called "freedom", you get to wear whatever the hell you want as long as you arent exposing yourself.

Well, there used to be a time when you wouldnt HAVE to even consider legislation like this, because kids simply wouldnt be brought up to look like this ridiculous. They'd actually have fathers to answer to.

Now it's ok to get knocked up continuously by random men, then not raise your kids, and if ANYONE says anything about it, they are intolerant, a bigot, a judgmental bible-thumping republican dickhead etc.

Everyone is simply AFRAID these days to say "umm.... maybe that person over there shouldnt be doing things that way.... you know, for the good of EVERYONE."

Can't do it anymore. It's not politically correct. ACLU will sue you. Keith Olbermann will roast you. DeuceWallaces will call you at 1 in the morning.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

you dont have to stare at the guys ass ya know.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #13
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ok, you are clearly a moron.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #14
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Seems like excessive sagging has sorta gone outta style. Either way, this law is stupid.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

kids still sag their pants?
Stuckey is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: