Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation
Default dissappointments

Ok so we had our first home game of the season on friday. And everybody was so hyped up and expecting greatness from us. By the looks of it it seemed that we were going to be playing a bad team and everybody is thinking it would be an easy game and they had posters made for the team and such. The gym was packed and jv had just won a thriller now it was our turn. It was one of the ugliest games I've ever played in. They were stronger than us, more aggressive, they trapped us and made us turn the ball over, we shot the ball terribly and they executed better than us. EVERYTHING went wrong for us. By half time we were getting blown out and surprisingly things got worse the second half. We ended up getting blown out in front of a packed house. It really sucked and felt so disappointing.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: dissappointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
Ok so we had our first home game of the season on friday. And everybody was so hyped up and expecting greatness from us. By the looks of it it seemed that we were going to be playing a bad team and everybody is thinking it would be an easy game and they had posters made for the team and such. The gym was packed and jv had just won a thriller now it was our turn. It was one of the ugliest games I've ever played in. They were stronger than us, more aggressive, they trapped us and made us turn the ball over, we shot the ball terribly and they executed better than us. EVERYTHING went wrong for us. By half time we were getting blown out and surprisingly things got worse the second half. We ended up getting blown out in front of a packed house. It really sucked and felt so disappointing.

never go into a gym overhyped shit doesnt work well... i like goin in relaxed and jazzed out... u gotta loosen up by doin the DOUGIE
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

never go into a gym overhyped shit doesnt work well... i like goin in relaxed and jazzed out... u gotta loosen up by doin the DOUGIE
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #4
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

^^^ yep just come in prepared. When I was in basketball, we lost to the worst team in the league. However, we beat the ranked #22 school in the nation's team so that was strange lol.
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Sounds mysteriously similar to the first game of my senior year. We squared off against the previous season's state champion in their house. It was set up as a "Battle of the Titans" matchup, state champion taking on a squad that went on a three month winning streak the year before. Local news crews were present, a sizeable preview in that day's paper, all the good stuff.

I'm pretty sure we lost by 30+. There was a giant front page photo in the paper the following morning of our point guard getting a shot sent right back in his face. It set the tone for the entire season. Infighting, individual agendas, lackluster effort. It was awesome. I say keep your head up and keep on fighting. Do not let one game define a season.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Sounds mysteriously similar to the first game of my senior year. We squared off against the previous season's state champion in their house. It was set up as a "Battle of the Titans" matchup, state champion taking on a squad that went on a three month winning streak the year before. Local news crews were present, a sizeable preview in that day's paper, all the good stuff.

I'm pretty sure we lost by 30+. There was a giant front page photo in the paper the following morning of our point guard getting a shot sent right back in his face. It set the tone for the entire season. Infighting, individual agendas, lackluster effort. It was awesome. I say keep your head up and keep on fighting. Do not let one game define a season.

wow thats crazy. We will also use this as motivation because sometimes I guess this is what it takes for a wake up call. Getting your ass beat in front of a sellout home crowd for the first home game is probably one of the best reality checks you can give. Now I just got to get through school on monday and face all the scrutiny that I will receive and get ready for practice and another home game on tuesday were we can redeem ourselves.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

The best thing you can do is move on. Learn as much as you can about what went wrong, then keep that knowledge and forget about the rest. If you keep thinking about how terrible the game went, you'll lose focus for the other things like practices and future games that you need to perform in.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
GhostDeini32
serenity now

GhostDeini32 has decent reputation

i would take stretching and warmups much more seriously. seriously.
GhostDeini32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: