Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
GhostDeini32
serenity now

GhostDeini32 has decent reputation
Default best supplements/protein

If anyone would like to discuss the best products for getting into shape, please share here.

I just bought a whole rack of ish from Max Muscle place.

I got some protein that tastes like caramel latte cappaucino cassablanca!
GhostDeini32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
GhostDeini32
serenity now

Default Re: best supplements/protein

i was intending for this to be a serious thread..
Old 01-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

For younger athletes, I suggest first and foremost eating right, or the best you can. limitations to that for young athletes are 1. Time-school, practice, girlfriend/boyfriend, homework, etc. and 2. Parents- they usually determine what is bought at the store and cooked at home.

Otherwise, i suggest these few supplements-fish oil, maybe a greens supplement if vege intake is low, maybe a high grade multivitamin and protein powder. i have gone through many different brands of protein, and at this current moment the best i have found is Nutrishops brand.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what are you trying to do?lose weight or gain?
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

I used to dump a lot of money into supplements such as protein but now I mostly stick to 6Star from Wal*Mart. Its fairly cheap, mixes pretty easy and taste pretty good. I usually have one serving before I lift then another with a banana after I lift. On occasion I will get a tub of Muscle Milk and drink it throughout the day to try to keep my calories up when I can't eat
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
GhostDeini32
serenity now

Thanks for the replies.

I got this really nice protein called Intek Evolution.

It dissolves well in milk, tastes great and has over 35 grams of protein a serving.

And I'm trying to lose weight around 20 lbs.

I also take that no Explode stuff before I workout. Has me all cracked out on the court lol. But a demon in the weight room.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
01amberfirewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini32
Thanks for the replies.

I got this really nice protein called Intek Evolution.

It dissolves well in milk, tastes great and has over 35 grams of protein a serving.

And I'm trying to lose weight around 20 lbs.

I also take that no Explode stuff before I workout. Has me all cracked out on the court lol. But a demon in the weight room.

If you like NO Explode give Jack3d a try. I wouldn't recommend it before playing but it will give you a good workout. Just be careful, you will eventually become dependent on it or any pre-workout energizer. I lift 3 days a week and try to cut back on caffeine on my off days to try to keep from coming dependent. I may take a week off from the gym soon and I will also try to avoid caffeine that week. For losing weight try interval training. Find a hill that takes you about 30-45 seconds to sprint up and then walk back down. Do this for 20-30 minutes a few days a week and the pounds will shed off
Old 01-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
GhostDeini32
serenity now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
If you like NO Explode give Jack3d a try. I wouldn't recommend it before playing but it will give you a good workout. Just be careful, you will eventually become dependent on it or any pre-workout energizer. I lift 3 days a week and try to cut back on caffeine on my off days to try to keep from coming dependent. I may take a week off from the gym soon and I will also try to avoid caffeine that week. For losing weight try interval training. Find a hill that takes you about 30-45 seconds to sprint up and then walk back down. Do this for 20-30 minutes a few days a week and the pounds will shed off

i will look into the interval training. could i just do a lot of stair master with a high incline though?

When my stuff is gone i'll check out the Jack3d. thanks for the help.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #9
01amberfirewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini32
i will look into the interval training. could i just do a lot of stair master with a high incline though?

When my stuff is gone i'll check out the Jack3d. thanks for the help.

Yeah, what ever you can push yourself the hardest at. I did a lot of interval training the summer before last when I was racing mountain bikes. I went from the back of the pack in my class to finishing 4th over all and 2nd in my last race. Stair master, treadmill, jump rope, anything that will get your heart rate up and keep it there for out the duration of the interval. Another plus is that basketball is more of an interval sport and you will become better at recovering between quick bursts such as fast breaks or quick transitions
Old 01-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #10
GhostDeini32
serenity now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
Yeah, what ever you can push yourself the hardest at. I did a lot of interval training the summer before last when I was racing mountain bikes. I went from the back of the pack in my class to finishing 4th over all and 2nd in my last race. Stair master, treadmill, jump rope, anything that will get your heart rate up and keep it there for out the duration of the interval. Another plus is that basketball is more of an interval sport and you will become better at recovering between quick bursts such as fast breaks or quick transitions

indeed.

im getting into circuit training, it is a ***** on the lower body though. no pain no gain though.

but i do the jump rope pretty regularly, i need to get on that stair master or hill like you are saying though.

thanks for the input man, appreciate it.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #11
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

You shouldn't drink your protein with milk as it is slow digesting and prevents the protein from reaching your muscles as quickly. Post workout always take it with water... at night before bed, milk is fine cus you want it to be slow digesting since you are fasting for hours upon end.

Those pre workout energizers are a waste of money IMO. The best thing you can do is get your sleep and you will have plenty of energy especially when warmed up. We all have good days and bad days... it's just the way it works.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #12
GhostDeini32
serenity now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
You shouldn't drink your protein with milk as it is slow digesting and prevents the protein from reaching your muscles as quickly. Post workout always take it with water... at night before bed, milk is fine cus you want it to be slow digesting since you are fasting for hours upon end.

Those pre workout energizers are a waste of money IMO. The best thing you can do is get your sleep and you will have plenty of energy especially when warmed up. We all have good days and bad days... it's just the way it works.

shit. i always drink my protein with milk, i'll have to look further into it but thanks for that info. repped.

but those no explode type of drinks do help, give you mad energy while you lift especially.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #13
01amberfirewv

Quote:

Milk is made of fast and slow absorbing protein, I think it is around 20% whey protein. Don't over think it, it won't hinder your progress if you mix your shake with Milk. I usually mix mine with water but only because that's whats in the fountain at the gym. There are some shakes that I just can't stomach with water. Also try to get some type of higher GI carb hydrate in your system after you work out or play.

Quote:

You are right and the same can be said about any supplement. The ideal diet would be the cave man diet with no supplements or artificial junk. You would feel better and get better results but it's just hard for the average person to do that. I always say to be careful with preworkout energizers because you can become dependent and they can have some harsh side effects especially if not used correctly. When I was in college I was pretty dependent on energizers containing ephedrine like Ultimate Orange and Dymedidrine Xtream. I would have awesome workouts and was the strongest and leanest I have ever been but there were nights I could not sleep and I felt like crap when I wasn't loaded with the stuff
Old 01-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #14
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Yea it's 82% Casein and 18% Whey... so why have that when you could just have 100% whey when you drink it with water?

Yea I mean if you could mix it with Gatorade that would be nice. It's main suger is sucrose which is a good post workout sugar that is very quickly absorbed. I say gatorade cus that would be a cheap option... rather than spending a bunch of money on another supplement which you don't really need.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #15
01amberfirewv

Another thing I wanted to add is make sure you are taking in plenty of raw fruits and vegetables. A lot of supplements are hard for your body to process and the enzymes from raw foods will help you utilize your supplements. I learned this first hand a few years ago when I was living on protein bars and shakes which was a horrible idea
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: