Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Gortat??? or

hey so i picked up dooling only to read about how gortat will have agreat value going fowrad. should i pick him up for dooling or taj gibson?

any projections on minutes? time share with lopez? overtake? or what?
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gortat??? or

Lopez will still get more minutes than Gortat.. Gortat will not get more than ~15mpg (might go up to like 17-18 but that is pushing it). For now, I would say that Dooling has slightly more value than Gortat since he will be starting until Jennings returns.

As for Taj, keep him for now, I wouldn't drop him just yet. You are getting close to the point of dropping him though.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
I went ahead and speculatively added Gortat in my 10 team roto league, dropping Batum. I'm hoping for numbers similar to Tyson Chandler once he's able to establish some consistent mins, which shouldnt be hard to do since Robin Lopez managed just 4 boards in 30 mins last night. Maybe with Nash running the offense he scores a bit more.

If Gortat can eventually get 28 mins per (which seems reasonable that Lopez gets the other 20), I think 9 pts and 9 boards is feasible with around 1.5-2 blocks per. Good fg% and horrid ft%, although he doesnt get to the line much so it hopefully wont hurt too badly. The biggest problem with that is Lopez is still there and these two will prob be in a timeshare at C for a bit, leaving mins for Frye and Warrick at PF.

From another thread... IMO.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hard to say. I think Gortat will take over Lopez job. Not from the first game but after couple of games he will have more minutes than Lopez.
My right knee tells me Gortat will do a great job in Phoenix.
I picked him up
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: