Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #31
CMsam
Banned
 
CMsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 384
CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
What about all the love that Leo gets? All of your ignorant rants fall apart without much thought.

Actually, the generic guy who doesn't have his own sense of style, and just tries to fit in with whatever "man code" miller lite is creating in its commercials (i.e. you) was mocking dicaprio when he first came to prominence because he had so many adoring female fans. That's how it goes every single time. Ashton Kutcher was way funnier as Kelso than anything Seth Rogen has ever done, but Kutcher gets the hate from internet dweebs and Rogen gets the love. There was a thread about that Zac Efron kid playing Robin in a Batman movie, and everyone was like "I won't see it." I bet nobody has even seen this kid act, and they're butthurt because he's a teen idol.

Rant without much thought? Dude my farts are more profound than anything you've ever contemplated. GTFO silly redneck who tries to fit in as a "regular guy" but doesn't have a lick of culture, aptitude, or savoir faire


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
A 15 hour snoozefest called Titanic or one of the best and most entertaining action/adventure films of all-time in Raiders of the Lost Ark? Yeah, people with taste go with Raiders. Ignorant sluts like you buy into all the Oscar nonsense because you don't know any better.

As for this, a lot of movies actually disappoint because they're confined to a strict Hollywood time limit and forced to end the story too quickly. Titanic was captivating from start to finish, it had action, drama, emotion, cinematography, it was an EPIC.

Indiana Jones..... is for 14 year olds. I honestly can't even believe I'm having this conversation with a grown man, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say you don't have taste, and you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. It's not like "back and forth insult banter" I mean you REALLY dont have a clue what you're talking about. Fret not however, for you are the majority. The dumb, generic, get-in-where-you-fit-in nobody that makes up the public at large. Mr. Redneck.
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:22 AM   #32
VishaltotheG
College star
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,456
VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

He is a lame, unfunny, classless "actor" and "comedian". He only does stupid frat movies, like that other guy Jonah Hill who is even less funny.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 AM   #33
Stuckey
ifirtworld
 
Stuckey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: igloo
Posts: 7,657
Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

not funny at all
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:29 AM   #34
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman
 
Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle HATES David Stern
Posts: 2,787
Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

He was funny in 40-Year-Old Virgin and Superbad but that's it.
I know he is just gonna ruin The Green Hornet.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:31 AM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22,927
Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
He was funny in 40-Year-Old Virgin and Superbad but that's it.
I know he is just gonna ruin The Green Hornet.

Still can't believe he got picked for that role.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #36
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman
 
Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle HATES David Stern
Posts: 2,787
Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Rogen is at his best in supporting roles. He can't carry a movie on his own as the lead.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:37 AM   #37
donald_trump
im a superhero
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,889
donald_trump is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

i dont get how you cannot like him if you are a male between the ages of 15-35ish.

his humor is basically stupid shit that you'll think of with friends and you'll spend hours laughing over though his is scripted and rehearsed to be even funnier.

i think its simply become popular to hate on him because he has this notion of 'normal guy' around him with the way he looks and acts.
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22,927
Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald_trump
i dont get how you cannot like him if you are a male between the ages of 15-35ish.

his humor is basically stupid shit that you'll think of with friends and you'll spend hours laughing over though his is scripted and rehearsed to be even funnier.

i think its simply become popular to hate on him because he has this notion of 'normal guy' around him with the way he looks and acts.

Which is why he isn't funny. That stuff is only humorous when you are sitting around high or really bored, not when you pay money to go see it and expect something better than what a bunch of random dudes would say in a stupid convo.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #39
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,319
tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Which is why he isn't funny. That stuff is only humorous when you are sitting around high or really bored, not when you pay money to go see it and expect something better than what a bunch of random dudes would say in a stupid convo.
Nah this is funnier than what you say with your freinds... I don't go into a movie demanding excellence when it's a comedy, I go in expecting to laugh and be entertained. And seth rogan is funny as hell in some of his movies.

Do you guys think will ferrel;s sense of humor is bad? Cuz I was dying throughout all of stepbrothers and the other guys.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #40
donald_trump
im a superhero
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,889
donald_trump is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Which is why he isn't funny. That stuff is only humorous when you are sitting around high or really bored, not when you pay money to go see it and expect something better than what a bunch of random dudes would say in a stupid convo.

i completely disagree.

take something like the scene in 'knocked up', when rogen is on the phone to the girl and his whole crew and him make out as if theyre having an orgy while hes talking to her.

shit like that cracks me up because its what id expect when hanging with my friends though obviously its original.
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #41
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
Actually, the generic guy who doesn't have his own sense of style, and just tries to fit in with whatever "man code" miller lite is creating in its commercials (i.e. you) was mocking dicaprio when he first came to prominence because he had so many adoring female fans.

It's cute how you try to pin labels on people and yet fail badly each time you attempt it.

Quote:
Rant without much thought? Dude my farts are more profound than anything you've ever contemplated.

Uh huh, you're the definition of ignorant. I mean, calling someone who is far from a redneck a redneck? I guess giving people false labels is your go-to move since you can't actually debate worth a shit. You want to pretend that you're even the slightest bit profound? That's cute. Your simplistic and false generalizations are the opposite of profound, Skippy. You've had the same ol' angry 16 year old rebel-wannabee attitude for years. Until you learn how to pull your head out of your ass, you're going to be stuck in that same rut. Most people move on from that phase before they hit 20, but you're still there and you're how old?

Quote:
Indiana Jones..... is for 14 year olds. I honestly can't even believe I'm having this conversation with a grown man, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say you don't have taste, and you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. It's not like "back and forth insult banter" I mean you REALLY dont have a clue what you're talking about. Fret not however, for you are the majority. The dumb, generic, get-in-where-you-fit-in nobody that makes up the public at large. Mr. Redneck.

LOL, you think movie critics are made up of 14 year olds? You think pretty much every movie site, which all rate Raiders better than Titanic, are made up of 14 year olds? The AFI which rated Raiders the #66th greatest American film of all-time is made up of 14 year olds? Who said it was my favorite movie in the first place? I love your debating style. You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about, but you pretend that the other person is actually the clueless one. Instead of actually debating while typing something relevant or something that has some sort of basis in reality, you do nothing but throw around lazy, ignorant labels like "redneck" or "generic" because you lack wisdom, wit, a clue, intelligence, relevancy, and a point. Taste, mother****er, taste? You lack even the most basic wisdom to even start to understand what taste is. You think anyone that disagrees with you is a generic idiot that makes up the majority. Keep raging, Mr. Contrarian. Maybe some day someone will take you seriously.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:02 AM   #42
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman
 
Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle HATES David Stern
Posts: 2,787
Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Rogen's movies seem to have no script and the director is lazy thinking that Rogen ad libbying is funny enough. It's not and he's not.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:54 AM   #43
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman
 
B-Easy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,767
B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Not funny at all. Superbad and 40 Year Old Virgin were really good but I didn't like him in either of them either. He is fat, ugly and not funny he has not business in movies.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #44
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,187
pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
It's basically Pete's Montreux mentality. People dont have any actual taste or sense of quality on their own, so they just figure out what "people in the know" are likely to think, and go along with it.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, or I could just be contrary to absolutely everything like you

Mmm, see how that works?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #45
knobs
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 324
knobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

Quote:
I also want to watch Freaks and Geeks but since he's in it, I probably won't.
terrible reason. first of all, he's got a really minor role in the show. second, he plays that really minor role to perfection. and third, that really minor role he plays to perfection is absolutely nothing like any other role you've ever seen him play.


i don't mind seth rogen, just like i don't mind his movies. 'the hangover' was alright but nothing special, '40yo' was just a little bit worse, pineapple express was funny the first time but has little replay value. bro flicks are doomed to be shallow and crude and you can definitely squeeze some humor out of them, but they aren't instant classics like a lot of 'bros' claim.

rogen actually acted really well in 'funny people' though, and once you adjusted to his awkward character actually performing stand-up on stage, he had some pretty golden moments. he's nothing like the next jim carey or anything, mostly because a lot of his success is second hand off of judd's success, but he's not terrible.

and it isn't the case that most people like him because he's fat and ugly and anti-ashton. just like it isn't the case that most people like biggie because he's fat and different, just like it isn't the case that most people like obama because he's black and different. just like it isn't the case that most people like _______ because he's ______ and different. jesus it's amazing how hard one guy can try to apply his narrow polarized pessimistic view of a complex world when it just doesn't f*cking fit. lol

Last edited by knobs : 12-20-2010 at 06:34 AM.
knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy