Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Despite all the trades, Suns probably keeping Steve Nash

On the trades: "I'm optimistic that it can help us short- and long-term," Suns guard Steve Nash said. "It sounds like it would've been tough to keep J-Rich in the summer anyway so it was a chance to take a move in a new direction. "I think all three of those guys are good offensive players so I don't think that it's going to hurt us. It gives us more size that we needed. It should be a good opportunity for us." Arizona Republic

Nash said the trade was an indication that management was being critical of its own summer moves. Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby was clear Nash is part of the future and all indications are that Nash is in Phoenix to stay. "I signed the contract extension to stay," Nash said. "I did that for a reason. I wanted to play with these guys, some of them. At least some of them were here when I signed. I still think we have a chance to be a good team. You just got to roll with it. What are my options? Quit?" Arizona Republic

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz18eL4uPZq
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Despite all the trades, Suns probably keeping Steve Nash

Quote:
"I signed the contract extension to stay," Nash said. "I did that for a reason. I wanted to play with these guys, some of them. At least some of them were here when I signed. I still think we have a chance to be a good team. You just got to roll with it. What are my options? Quit?"

A two-time MVP could demand a trade.

"I could be in a city that maybe doesn't have the guys we have," Nash said. "I want to be positive and make this a great opportunity and a great season. I know a lot of people are telling me to demand a trade. If I demand one, does that mean I get to pick my team? No. It's not that simple. Maybe somebody could explain to me the reasoning. You can't just go in and tell management where you want to go. I signed to play here and I want to make this team a really good one."

I'm happy either way, whether they trade him or not. It's nice though that he won't make a spectacle about it and demand a trade.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far

This trade ensures that the Suns will make the playoffs. The real title run will be next year since the Suns will have money to spare and two first round picks. There's going to be options before the trade deadline and in the 2011 off season. Things are looking good for here on out. The current team before the trade was an 8th or 9th place team in the west. Glad the trade happened and I'm expecting a couple of more trades or off season move before the 2011-2012 season.
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:15 AM   #4
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would they trade the face of the Sun's franchise? Good decision by the front office
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:40 AM   #5
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just watch the Suns play two games after the trade one was a win , and this nite they lost to the Kings in the last minute.

They owned the game , and lost defensive desire at the end. Easily fixed.
This team I really like , and they pulled off a heII of a trade with the oRLANDO.
Once they start concentrating and looking to move more thru the lane , to create more options for Nash , they will be quite deadly.
You may think I am going out on a limb here , but Amare was not good for the Suns .. never thought he was the answer. He was a big that had to have boards come to him ..
Right now the three Lopeez , Gortat and Frye are hungry for the board work , and that is more deadly for Suns ... it makes them a better team defensively as well as inside low post presence.
This team only has 2-3 years left , and I would not doubt that Nash convinces Vince to stay.
Gentry alreay has them playing well even though their record doesn't say much.
They are the best sub .500 team I've ever saw , and I still think they make the playoff's.
I had Nash at top 5 PG's in the league .. excuse me - he is still a top 3 PG in the league... Gentry is watching his minutes and it really has helped.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #6
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far

Jasper, I wish I had the same positive outlook as you. It appears that we are missing the playoffs and could be a playoff team next year. I'm hoping that I'm wrong and you're right because I also want to see the Suns in the playoffs but we'll just wait and see.
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: