Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Our Future

Dallas may be looking to trade for Melo as a rental.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #17
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Dallas may be looking to trade for Melo as a rental.
With Nets deal on the table there's no way it goes down. Melo would have to derail the ship and demand a trade to Dallas and I don't see him doing that.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #18
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I seriously think if we don't get Melo we are going to head in the wrong direction really fast.NYers cant take a major letdown like that 2 years in a row.That's like your best friend screwing your girl and as you go home to cry to your mom about it,you find them in bed too lmao
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I seriously think if we don't get Melo we are going to head in the wrong direction really fast.NYers cant take a major letdown like that 2 years in a row.That's like your best friend screwing your girl and as you go home to cry to your mom about it,you find them in bed too lmao
How so?
At this point we don't have any bad character guys or ugly contracts, the only thing I can think of is our best player also being our dumbest.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Because we keep getting the job half done.We're always missing one key piece and we haven't had good coaching in a while either.Not to say Melo fixes all of that but it's been a while since I took the Knicks serious.I like the win streak we went on cuz it made us relevant but I still dont take us seriously.We are a team that maybe can make the playoffs but we wont do anything impactful once we get there so essentially,we're just lowering our draft pick.I mean c'mon.This is the New York Knicks.We arent supposed to become complacent with just sneaking into the playoffs every year.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm thinking if we don't land Melo, we might wanna look towards Monta Ellis again.

This is only if we can't get Melo.

No way Amar'e gets a double team with Monta on the floor as well.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #22
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm thinking if we don't land Melo, we might wanna look towards Monta Ellis again.

This is only if we can't get Melo.

No way Amar'e gets a double team with Monta on the floor as well.
Offensively, Ellis and Ray Felton would work wonders together. Ellis becomes extremely tough to stop when you move him off the ball a bit.

Defensively, it might be a problem though. Felton had to defend SG's often early in his career. He was not horrible at it but it did wear him down a bit.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Offensively, Ellis and Ray Felton would work wonders together. Ellis becomes extremely tough to stop when you move him off the ball a bit.

Defensively, it might be a problem though. Felton had to defend SG's often early in his career. He was not horrible at it but it did wear him down a bit.
I agree. I'm starting like this idea even more if we don't get Melo.

He would have to cut his shot attempts down to around 15 per.

How would rate him defensively KO?

I'm not referring to steals, I know he gets those.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #24
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
How would rate him defensively KO?
Honestly I have not watched a Warriors game in a while so I'm not sure. Ellis used to be decent as a on ball defender but not much of a team defender. Tended to gamble a lot.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Honestly I have not watched a Warriors game in a while so I'm not sure. Ellis used to be decent as a on ball defender but not much of a team defender. Tended to gamble a lot.
That's how most players get their steals now.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Only problem is,some of our tradeable pieces are former Warriors.Im sure they're not going to want them back considering all of those guys have taken a step back production wise.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Depends on if their serious about moving Monta.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #28
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im not sure about monta, he requires more ball to be effective. if mello is out of the question...what about jamal crawford?? hes expiring and probably can be had for cheap. we can bring him off the bench for some much needed scoring in the 2nd unit.

and where did all the mayo rumors go? typical knicks luck that if something is said about a player movement to the knicks, nothing ever gets done... other teams jump in to drive up his price tag,,
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #29
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
im not sure about monta, he requires more ball to be effective. if mello is out of the question...what about jamal crawford?? hes expiring and probably can be had for cheap. we can bring him off the bench for some much needed scoring in the 2nd unit....
Actually Ellis is at his most EFFECTIVE when he's off the ball and can move around a bit. Statistically his numbers are better when he dominates the ball but efficiency wise he's better when he plays more of a Rip Hamilton role than doing his Kobe Bryant.

I'd be willing to take a look at bringing Crawford back to NY if he's willing to take a pay cut. Paying a 6th man $10 million is ridiculous, especially when he regularly loses focus on the defensive end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
...and where did all the mayo rumors go? typical knicks luck that if something is said about a player movement to the knicks, nothing ever gets done... other teams jump in to drive up his price tag,,
I'm actually glad the Mayo rumors died. OJ Mayo needs to go some place where they will let him learn to be a PG. If I was Mayo's agent I'd be pushing for a trade to Charlotte for DJ Augustin. The Bobcats season is down the drains and they need to sell tickets. That would likely mean more room for Mayo as he learns the position.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #30
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That Varejao thread got deleted, I apologise because it's been probably my fault.

Anyways I do think Robin Lopez would be cheaper and better.
But as long as we get a defensive C Varejao would do.
I am afraid that MDA doesn't concur that a defensive C is our biggest need.

Mayo/Ellis/Crawford = more scoring, little defense = not our priority.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: